guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
http://www.upworthy.com/its-one-of-...about-guns-and-as-it-turns-out-its-true?c=bl3
It’s One Of The Craziest Internet Rumors About Guns. And As It Turns Out, It’s True.
It’s a fact so jaw-dropping it’s unbelievable — people thought it was a crazy Internet rumor until Politifact verified it. But it’s true: More Americans have died just since 1960 from gun incidents — suicides, accidents, and homicides — than died in every war in U.S. history. The deadliest war the U.S. has ever had is the war we waged against ourselves.

Screen_Shot_2013-02-07_at_10.51.30_AM.png

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Responsible Gun Owner’ Opens Fire on Children Shooting Squirt Guns (Video)
Billie Jo George, a Reading, Pennsylvania woman, is one of those responsible gun owners that the NRA keeps telling us about.

On Sunday, likely fearing for her life and in the heat of the moment, she aimed and fired her real gun at four children who were playing with squirt guns.

It’s an easy mistake to make, right? Some people surely paint their guns neon green and make them clear plastic. When you’re fearing for your life, you don’t have time to think about these things rationally. Except, according to witnesses, she knew they were squirt guns and not real guns, and chose to fire anyway.

Officers called by a frantic mother arrived on the scene shortly before 4:30pm, where residents told them that four children playing with squirt guns were assaulted with a deadly weapon by one of their neighbors. George, who saw the children playing with the fake weapons, pulled out a real firearm and aimed it at them, according to court documents.

According to WFMZ, one of the neighbors shouted at George, “What are you doing with a real gun! Why are you pointing it at my kids? They are only kids!”

The female witness ran inside and called the police. While inside, she heard George’s gun discharge; according to the other witnesses, George had fired the shot from her front porch into the street.

One witness said that “[George] pointed it at my daughter’s face. God was with my daughter that day.”

Good thing something was, because it sure wasn’t the NRA fairy. He was working with George to help her gun down those dangerous little hooligans with their lethal squirt guns.

George was arrested and charged with four counts of recklessly endangering another person, discharge of firearms, propulsion of missiles onto roadways, and disorderly conduct. Her bail is $75,000. WFMZ made no mention for a motive behind the attacK

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Woman Says ‘It Was God’s Will’ That 5 Year-Old Boy Accidentally Shot 2-Year-Old Granddaughter
A responsible, gun owning Kentucky mom stepped outside, leaving her 5-year-old son alone with his new birthday present — a brand new, shiny loaded .22-cal. rifle — and his 2-year-old sister.

Unfortunately, mom was outside just long enough for her son to fatally shoot his sister, Caroline Sparks, with his new present.

Kentucky State Police Trooper Billy Gregory says that the shooting has been ruled an accident. “It’s just one of those nightmares,” he said, “a quick thing that happens when you turn your back.”

He added that in the area it is not uncommon for parents to give their young children weapons. “In this part of the country, it’s not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid,” he said.

The rifle that killed Caroline Sparks is a Crickett single-shot, and has a child safety, according to Cumberland County Coroner Gary White. The company’s web site features three .22-caliber rifle models for children and the slogan, “My first rifle.”

The family, while upset, is happy that little Caroline is in a “better place.”

“It was God’s will. It was her time to go, I guess,” grandmother Linda Riddle told WLEX. “I just know she’s in heaven right now and I know she’s in good hands with the Lord.”

“It’s just tragic,” uncle David Mann said. “It’s something that you can’t prepare for.”

The family kept the gun in what it considered to be a “safe place” and seems to have believed that a child safety was enough to keep the five-year-old boy from using the gun unsupervised. Unfortunately, simply keeping one’s guns in a “safe place” and relying on the gun to prevent itself from being used is not the best strategy.

No charges will be filed.

http://aattp.org/woman-says-it-was-...dentally-shot-2-year-old-granddaughter-video/

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Customers at Gun Range Held at Gun Point in Attempted Robbery – Authorities Still Looking For 1 Suspect

Jeffery Chandler, 27, and Samiyya Poteat, 21, both allegedly robbed two gun ranges at gunpoint in Philadelphia. Authorities state these individuals would wait outside the ranges in a car in the parking lot until groups of patrons would leave the range. At that point the robbers approached their victims, which resulted in one man, an unidentified 67 year old man, being shot and wounded. The robbers made away with at least nine weapons in total and an unknown amount of cash.

Authorities have concluded that Chandler is the shooter. His accomplice, Poteat, remanded herself into police custody after surveillance videos released on June 13 identified her.

Chandler is still on the loose, but a search is ongoing. Chandler stands 5’10″, has sleeve tattoos on both arms, and weighs around 200 lbs. The most distinctive marking is the word “Stretch” tattooed on the outside of his right hand. If you see him contact authorities immediately as he is armed and very dangerous.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The Desert Eagle was comically huge. $1600 at the time. No thanks. If I wanted a hand cannon for giggles, I'd get a S&W model 28(?) 44 mag. Get really weird with a 41 Mag.

oldngray

nowhere special
The Desert Eagle was comically huge. $1600 at the time. No thanks. If I wanted a hand cannon for giggles, I'd get a S&W model 28(?) 44 mag. Get really weird with a 41 Mag.

Do you mean the S&W model 29? That is more of a medium heavy .44 mag. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9 1/2 in barrel that is definitely in hand cannon category.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Do you mean the S&W model 29? That is more of a medium heavy .44 mag. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9 1/2 in barrel that is definitely in hand cannon category.
Yeah, that one. Dirty Harry. And no, I don't go around spouting the old "make my day" and "the is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world...) stuff. I like straight cases because they are easy to reload.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, that one. Dirty Harry. And no, I don't go around spouting the old "make my day" and "the is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world...) stuff. I like straight cases because they are easy to reload.

Also the reason I like revolvers because you don't need to hunt for your fired brass to reload.

Rainman

Its all good.
http://www.upworthy.com/its-one-of-...about-guns-and-as-it-turns-out-its-true?c=bl3
It’s One Of The Craziest Internet Rumors About Guns. And As It Turns Out, It’s True.
It’s a fact so jaw-dropping it’s unbelievable — people thought it was a crazy Internet rumor until Politifact verified it. But it’s true: More Americans have died just since 1960 from gun incidents — suicides, accidents, and homicides — than died in every war in U.S. history. The deadliest war the U.S. has ever had is the war we waged against ourselves.

Screen_Shot_2013-02-07_at_10.51.30_AM.png
How many of these shootings are gang or criminally related? My guess is an overwhelming majority. Why not get real instead of BSing?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
How many of these shootings are gang or criminally related? My guess is an overwhelming majority. Why not get real instead of BSing?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
the people are really dead from real guns with real bullets.
cant get more real than that.
When i was a part timer i worked at the Morgue in Downtown Atlanta and after a month had to quit due to seeing so many shooting victims