guns

brett636

There is a lot of truth to that as well. Note how nobody is saying to ban them. I have no problem with regulations limiting their production speed to 186 mph. At 145 I tended to lose my nerve.

I don't believe there are any official regulations limiting production motorcycles to 186 mph. As sportbikes were getting faster and faster, esepecially with the introduction of the Hayabusa in 1999 European regulators were threatening regulations to limit their speed, but the manufacturers agreed to a voluntary speed limit of 186 mph(300 kph) to thwart official regulation. That is unless something has changed since I last checked into this...

brett636

Not if you aim right, but regardless of what you hit you will wind up with ruptured eardrums leaking down the sides of your neck.

Its a cool and interesting looking gun but for the $1200 or more that they are currently going for I will pass. I paid $200 for a used Remington 870 about 20 years ago that keeps my home just as safe, and for an extra $90 I bought a rifled slug barrel so I can deer hunt with it in some of the vineyards on my route.

You can find those ksg's for $850-900 on gun broker pretty easily. I know thats still much more expensive than your Remington, but as you said the people want what they want right? ;)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
minor historical facts. The Jews were easy targets not because they were unarmed but because they were universally despised. When Hitler tried to deport the Jews, what happened? When Jews tried to leave voluntarily, what happened? Nobody would take them.
Exactly who despises the Jews besides Nazi's and Muslims?
I think the problem was more of no nation was willing to take millions of immigrants.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
depends on the number of guns owned.

One pistol and some rounds, in my opinion, normal. On the other hand, a closet full of weapons that will never be fired in self defense, well, thats just plain crazy.

TOS.
What about people who use rifles and shotguns for hunting?

What about people who want to own a .22 handgun so that they can practice and become safer, better shots with the one full sized handgun that you claim that they can own and still be considered sane?

I would be interested in seeing your breakdown of exactly how many and what type of guns one can own for purposes other than self defense without officially crossing your "plain crazy" threshold.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't believe there are any official regulations limiting production motorcycles to 186 mph. As sportbikes were getting faster and faster, esepecially with the introduction of the Hayabusa in 1999 European regulators were threatening regulations to limit their speed, but the manufacturers agreed to a voluntary speed limit of 186 mph(300 kph) to thwart official regulation. That is unless something has changed since I last checked into this...

bbsam

Staff member
I believe you are correct. But the regulation was coming and insurance companies absolutely are biased against sport bikes in terms of setting rates. I owned a '92 Yamaha Seca II that qualified as a sport bike. Nice enough, but pretty tame. Paid it off fast to escape full coverage insurance rates.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Exactly who despises the Jews besides Nazi's and Muslims?
I think the problem was more of no nation was willing to take millions of immigrants.

THE CHRISTIANS!

Did you fail history?

Read Martin Luthers writings. Considered the FATHER of the CHRISTIANS. Sheesh, didnt you learn anything while growing up? ALL of europe hated the jews. The Catholic church hated the jews.

Martin Luther, once a high ranking Catholic, separated from the Catholic church because they started to befriend the jews.

Read man, read.

http://www.islamdaily.org/en/world-issues/asia-pacific/152.the-jews-and-thier-lies-martin-luther.htm

catholics and christians hated the jews because they dont believe that jesus was the son of god and was a farce.

This brought about hatred towards jews in early europe.

Martin Luther did the first translations of the bible into german and english. A Biblical milestone at the time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerning_Christian_Liberty

quote:
"as early as 1516, he wrote that many people "are proud with marvelous stupidity when they call the Jews dogs, evildoers, or whatever they like, while they too, and equally, do not realize who or what they are in the sight of God".[

If you believe that only the nazi's hated the jews, then you failed in your quest to be educated in school.

TOS.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I believe you are correct. But the regulation was coming and insurance companies absolutely are biased against sport bikes in terms of setting rates. I owned a '92 Yamaha Seca II that qualified as a sport bike. Nice enough, but pretty tame. Paid it off fast to escape full coverage insurance rates.
My ZRX1100 does not really classify as a sportbike as far as I can tell by the rate change over my old GS650G. Perhaps it was my married status and slightly mature age.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It still stands.

bbsam

Staff member
My ZRX1100 does not really classify as a sportbike as far as I can tell by the rate change over my old GS650G. Perhaps it was my married status and slightly mature age.
I can't remember if my Eddie Lawson green one did or not. Had a ZX-11 cam in it. Loved that bike.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Nice! I was thinking about doing that, but the way I mostly ride it would only make it less useable. I seldom rev it over 7000. I just have a full Muzzy system with an Ivan's jet kit and modified airbox. Really woke it up. Plus the K-TRIC is disconnected.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, I never toyed around in the top end of the power band. It had so much fun packed in the first 6000 rpm that it didn't seem necessary. Got a great deal on it though. Traded a '98 Honda Superhawk (stock) for it. I do remember that the Honda was classified as a sport bike even though it only made slightly more than 100 hp. Those bikes taught me that what I really craved was the low end grunt and launch.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
ZRX does have that in spades. I love mine. Flipping the chain adjuster eccentric over did wonders for the handling. If you never wound it beyond 6k you would have been far better off with the stock cams.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Not if you aim right, but regardless of what you hit you will wind up with ruptured eardrums leaking down the sides of your neck.

Its a cool and interesting looking gun but for the $1200 or more that they are currently going for I will pass. I paid $200 for a used Remington 870 about 20 years ago that keeps my home just as safe, and for an extra $90 I bought a rifled slug barrel so I can deer hunt with it in some of the vineyards on my route.

I have a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip stock and 18 inch cylinder bore barrel as my primary home defense weapon. I also have a couple of loaded pistols but the purpose of a pistol is to use it until you can get to a shotgun (next progression would be to use the shotgun to get a rifle but that normally wouldn't apply for a home defense situation).

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What about people who use rifles and shotguns for hunting?

What about people who want to own a .22 handgun so that they can practice and become safer, better shots with the one full sized handgun that you claim that they can own and still be considered sane?

I would be interested in seeing your breakdown of exactly how many and what type of guns one can own for purposes other than self defense without officially crossing your "plain crazy" threshold.

post a picture of your gun collection and ill make the assessment.

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip stock and 18 inch cylinder bore barrel as my primary home defense weapon. I also have a couple of loaded pistols but the purpose of a pistol is to use it until you can get to a shotgun (next progression would be to use the shotgun to get a rifle but that normally wouldn't apply for a home defense situation).

Where do you live that you have to prepare like this?

What a world of difference between how you live and how i live.

TOS.