guns

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
At what point in the military were you told which orders you could obey or disobey? Those coming from a sergeant? Lieutenant? All the way up to colonel? One of my best friends is a colonel in the Marines. I've never gotten the sense from him that nuanced decision making was something that officers valued or even tolerated from their subordinates.
You only have to follow lawful orders, for instance you would disobey an order to shoot a prisoner or an unarmed civilian.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was a soldier in the 80's. If our government ordered us to attack American's or take their weapons, they would face out right mutiny in the military.

No American soldier would attack American civilians unless there was a heck of a good reason.
Kent State,1970 Four Dead in Ohio

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was a soldier in the 80's. If our government ordered us to attack American's or take their weapons, they would face out right mutiny in the military.

No American soldier would attack American civilians unless there was a heck of a good reason.
The US army attacked WW1 veterans during teh great depression.The veterans had marched to DC,and set up "Hoovervilles" . The US Army attacked them,killed a 12 year old boy and burned teh shacks to the ground
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, it would cause a CIVIL WAR, if troops were going to be used on civilians.

Thank you for helping me make my point.

Yeah, it would cause a CIVIL WAR, if troops were going to be used on civilians.

Thank you for helping me make my point.
So if they are agents and not troops, there is no civil war? So all that has to happen is the president deputizes Marines as ATF agents and then the assault can begin without risking a civil war?

bbsam

Staff member
isn't there something in a soldier's oath about defending the nation against all threats "foreign and domestic"?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
At what point in the military were you told which orders you could obey or disobey? Those coming from a sergeant? Lieutenant? All the way up to colonel? One of my best friends is a colonel in the Marines. I've never gotten the sense from him that nuanced decision making was something that officers valued or even tolerated from their subordinates.
The first week of basic training.

Weren't you taught that?

Did you even serve?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So if they are agents and not troops, there is no civil war? So all that has to happen is the president deputizes Marines as ATF agents and then the assault can begin without risking a civil war?
Wow! You think this up all by yourself?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Posse Comitatus Act. US troops are expressly prohibited by law from participating in domestic law enforcement.