guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
assault.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
um,YOU said it.

"Those were national guard troops called out to quell a riot/protest by a governor. As allowed by law.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/guns.288980/page-430#ixzz35zIMcebU"

"Washington called out troops to defend itself from possible insurrection. A reasonable use of troops IMHO.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/guns.288980/page-430#ixzz35zIY7Wde"
so you support the US Army shooting Unarmed US Citizens?
um,YOU said it.

"Those were national guard troops called out to quell a riot/protest by a governor. As allowed by law.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/guns.288980/page-430#ixzz35zIMcebU"

"Washington called out troops to defend itself from possible insurrection. A reasonable use of troops IMHO.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/guns.288980/page-430#ixzz35zIY7Wde"
Where do you see where I approve of the government shooting Unarmed citizens?

Using troops does not mean shooting civilians.

I think if you read my posts again, you will see saying troops would disobey or mutiny if ordered to do that.

BrownArmy

I love the 'defense against tyranny' line.

Who among you actually believe that owning guns will keep you safe from the bogeyman tyrannical government?

The simple fact is that you participate in transactions everyday that make you slaves to this 'tyrannical government' that you rail against.

Look, the guvment ain't going to take you by force, they already own you and all of us by simple monetary transactions.

If you think having a gun will allow you to defend your liberty, you're an idiot, your liberty has already been rescinded by fiat.

You bought that gun with US dollars, and you're saying that gun will help defend your liberty and freedom?

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Where do you see where I approve of the government shooting Unarmed citizens?

Using troops does not mean shooting civilians.

I think if you read my posts again, you will see saying troops would disobey or mutiny if ordered to do that.
Too late to back pedal!!!
in post #8578 you stated US troops would never fire on US Citizens and I provided two examples of where they most certainly have .You responded that in your mind that both examples were justified.

realbrown1

Too late to back pedal!!!
in post #8578 you stated US troops would never fire on US Citizens and I provided two examples of where they most certainly have .You responded that in your mind that both examples were justified.
Kent St. was national guard troops who would be called up to deal with riots or large protests. You do know how rowdy the anti-war college protests used to get? Unusual situation there.

The WW1 vets, just 15 years after the war, had 15,000 to 24,000 people marching on the capital demanding payments on war bonds. I would hardly call them unarmed civilians.

In 238 years as a country, and those are the best examples you got.

Soldiers just won't obey orders to shoot civilians or take their weapons with out extremely good reasons. Otherwise, they could later face a court marshall for following illegal orders.

realbrown1

Who among you actually believe that owning guns will keep you safe from the bogeyman tyrannical government?

The simple fact is that you participate in transactions everyday that make you slaves to this 'tyrannical government' that you rail against.

Look, the guvment ain't going to take you by force, they already own you and all of us by simple monetary transactions.

If you think having a gun will allow you to defend your liberty, you're an idiot, your liberty has already been rescinded by fiat.

You bought that gun with US dollars, and you're saying that gun will help defend your liberty and freedom?

Who cares how you buy a gun? Whether it's with $200 or 10 bags of rice. As long as we have the right to buy a gun is all that matters.

And as for freedoms, what freedoms don't we have that you think we should have?

brett636

I will grant you that when it comes to liberty we are the anecdotal frog in the frying pan being slowly boiled to death. With that being said the Cliven Bundy ranch standoff did show that when a truly armed resistance begins to brew government will back down. That didn't occur simply because a bunch of people were angry and on horses. It ended the way it did because of the fear that they may actually shoot back, and the powers that be simply cannot overcome the shear number of privately owned arms if they were turned against them. This is why gun control is so important to despots and tyrannical governments worldwide.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Kent St. was national guard troops who would be called up to deal with riots or large protests. You do know how rowdy the anti-war college protests used to get? Unusual situation there.

The WW1 vets, just 15 years after the war, had 15,000 to 24,000 people marching on the capital demanding payments on war bonds. I would hardly call them unarmed civilians.

In 238 years as a country, and those are the best examples you got.

Soldiers just won't obey orders to shoot civilians or take their weapons with out extremely good reasons. Otherwise, they could later face a court marshall for following illegal orders.
Us Soldiers DID kill unarmed US citizens TWICE,with hardly" extremely good reasons". you wanted examples and they were provided. If it has happened twice it could happen again

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
SEVEN people shot in today's mass shooting

Gunfire injures 7 people on Bourbon Street in New Orleans
(CNN) -- Gunfire struck seven people on Bourbon Street in New Orleans early Sunday, police spokesman Frank Robertson said.

The shooting happened at 2:45 a.m. in the French Quarter, CNN affiliate WDSU reports.

The victims have been taken to a local hospital. One is in critical condition; the other six are in stable condition, Robertson said. The victim in critical condition is an unidentified woman, according to WDSU.

The 700 block, where the shooting occurred, is a popular gathering place for tourists and revelers, where many of them pack bars and clubs between St. Peter and St. Ann Streets. Crowds often spill into the streets.

The scene is around the corner from other famed attractions, such as jazz concert venue Preservation Hall and the popular bar Pat O'Brien's.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/29/justice/new-orleans-shooting/

moreluck

golden ticket member

(CNN) -- Gunfire struck seven people on Bourbon Street in New Orleans early Sunday, police spokesman Frank Robertson said.

The shooting happened at 2:45 a.m. in the French Quarter, CNN affiliate WDSU reports.

The victims have been taken to a local hospital. One is in critical condition; the other six are in stable condition, Robertson said. The victim in critical condition is an unidentified woman, according to WDSU.

The 700 block, where the shooting occurred, is a popular gathering place for tourists and revelers, where many of them pack bars and clubs between St. Peter and St. Ann Streets. Crowds often spill into the streets.

The scene is around the corner from other famed attractions, such as jazz concert venue Preservation Hall and the popular bar Pat O'Brien's.
They need to ban booze in NOLA !!! Booze is the "root" of this incidence.

brett636

This fits you to a tee.

14333822.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Last edited:

realbrown1

Us Soldiers DID kill unarmed US citizens TWICE,with hardly" extremely good reasons". you wanted examples and they were provided. If it has happened twice it could happen again
70's college protests were not peaceful. Protesters carried clubs, threw rocks and molitov cocktails at police and national guard troops. So they were armed. Weapons can be other things than firearms.

And as for the WW1 vets, they were armed. The were attacked by Gen. Patton without provocation. But they were amed.

So there has never been a case were our military fired on Unarmed civilians.

Try harder next time, and know your facts.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
70's college protests were not peaceful. Protesters carried clubs, threw rocks and molitov cocktails at police and national guard troops. So they were armed. Weapons can be other things than firearms.

And as for the WW1 vets, they were armed. The were attacked by Gen. Patton without provocation. But they were amed.

can you please show me pictures of the Kent State college kids carrying any weapons? The only pictures i see of people with weapons and tear gas are the soldiers.UNARMED kids were MURDERED by the US Army for excercising the FIRST AMENDMENT right! As big as you gun types are on not being persecuted over constitutional rights i;d rather think you'd be supporting the College kids!
kentstate.jpg
kentstate1.jpg
kentstate2.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

i am more than aware of my facts,as I am aware of the fact you have a less than complete grasp of US History so i'll be more than happy to educate you.
The THOUSANDS of VETERANS of the Great War ( this wasnt just disorganized rabble mind you. these brave men had fought for their country) who had come to Washington in summer 1932—out of work, out of luck, hungry, and in many cases homeless.......ergo they had long sold anything of value i.e guns,service medals,hierlooms, etc . They were NOT armed and were attacked by the US ARMY .

I havn't the time no do i care to fully educate you on this matter but i will attach a link so that you may educate yourself,there's a good fellow!
http://www.britannica.com/blogs/200...-bonus-army-top-10-mistakes-by-us-presidents/

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
728 what is your hangup with Kent State........were you there? It was a long time ago.
i have no 'hangup'
it was stated by Realbrown1 that US troops had never killed unarmed US citizens and that is wrong and I am proving my point.
do try and keep up