guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm positive it won't happen in my house; can you say the same? There are some sick SOB's out there, and I can't afford the commute to a gated community in California.
yeah i'm sure it wont happen in my house. I have FAR more faith that my Security System, My Dogs, the Police Presence in my town and my ability to call 911 will protect me better in the HIGHLY unlikely event our house is invaded than the shotgun i use to hunt rabbits and doves in the fall.

I think some of the posters here have far too active imaginations fueled by Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson movies

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
*yawn* crime
you miss the point:"based on" means nothing as far as reality or credibilty is concerned.

Movies are made for ONE reason and that reason ladies and gentlemen is to make money.
Unrealistic Sensationalism sells. A guy that calls the cops,or whose security system calls the police and the home invader is caught is not sensational and aint gonna sell movie tickets.
a guy that has catch phrases like "go Ahead,Make My Day" and then shoots people over and over will,while highly unrealistic, sell alot of tickets and make lots of money.

I woudn't place so much stock in what you see on TV or the silver screen if you are seeking realism or accuracy

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Fargo claims are all false.........even the ones on the TV series too. It was a write up in the Entertainment magazine.

"Also, to just name one other occurrence of the "true story" bit before a movie, eleven years earlier, 1985's Return of the Living Dead also claimed to be based on a true story."

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
GUNS ARE NO TOOLS OR TOYS ,THEY ARE OBJECTS MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR KILLING/WONDING OTHER LIVE FORMS,NOT EVERY IDIOT CAN RUN AROUND WITH A GUN.

wayfair

swollen member
where do you people live that actions like this happen on a frequent basis?
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href=" " data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href=" ">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ktla5">KTLA 5 News</a>.</div></div>

please call 911, thank you

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href=" " data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href=" ">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/ktla5">KTLA 5 News</a>.</div></div>

Exactly, how would a gun have prevented this from happening??

TOS.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

IMO if the victim had a gun and tried to draw it he'd have been shot dead