guns

Rainman

Its all good.
That's fine. But I doubt you have the slightest real notion of what "suffering" is if the constitutional restrictions placed on gun ownership fits your definition.
Possibly more so than you. If you don't know a persons situation it's hard to accurately judge what they may or may not have had to go through. I don't judge you, so why do you feel it necessary to judge me?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
you're right. It's not for me to say. Go ahead and suffer if you insist.
I'd prefer to keep my inherent right to own gun and not suffer.

But there is always someone like you around that likes the big government nanny state to contend with.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Actually...I don't really blame Target for their "no gun" policy.

It is in response to the "open carry" idiots who scare the hell out of people by parading around in malls and restaurants and in front of schools carrying rifles in order to make a political statement.

The new policy wont stop me from shopping at or carrying concealed in my local Target store, since by law all they can do if they see me carrying my gun is to order me to leave the premises and then charge me with criminal trespassing only if I refuse to do so.

That's not an issue for me, because the only foreseeable circumstances under which my gun would ever be out of its holster in a Target store to begin with would be circumstances such as a mass shooting incident where I would most certainly be trying to get the hell out of there anyway.

Concealed means concealed. There are times and places where the open carry of rifles is appropriate, but schools and restaurants and malls are not among them and Target has every right to decide whether or not to allow guns on their property.

Nimnim

The Nim
Gun laws, effective or not, do not make law abiding citizens suffer.

Ok, with the current trend to reduce magazine size, it's not unrealistic to believe in the next decade some politician would suggest that any firearm should by law only be capable of having a single round loaded legally at a time. What happens then when the law abiding citizen who only has a single shot without reloading wouldn't be in serious trouble if a group of 3 committed a home invasion, or even a single person, the odds would be pretty good they'd succeed since panic of the occupant is likely to cause them to miss at least once.

Hell, I'm a law abiding citizen, but if I knew that if I attempted to rob someone they'd have one shot before having to reload I'd probably get some body armor or make my own to ensure I could take one shot.

Nimnim

The Nim
Not a bad idea.

I'll assume this is in response to my last post about the possibility of only having one
round loaded legally.

Personally I cannot see how limiting one to only one good chance legally to defend themselves against one or more people who intend to harm them, likely physically, is anything other than a bad idea. Sure you can attempt to struggle after the shot, and against one there may be a chance, but those that have a chance against multiple threatening individuals unarmed aren't really those that definitively need a firearm to protect themselves. Doesn't mean it's not better to have a significant deterrent in the form of a firearm with more than enough rounds available without reloading to keep the individuals from continuing to commit their crime.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'll assume this is in response to my last post about the possibility of only having one
round loaded legally.

Personally I cannot see how limiting one to only one good chance legally to defend themselves against one or more people who intend to harm them, likely physically, is anything other than a bad idea. Sure you can attempt to struggle after the shot, and against one there may be a chance, but those that have a chance against multiple threatening individuals unarmed aren't really those that definitively need a firearm to protect themselves. Doesn't mean it's not better to have a significant deterrent in the form of a firearm with more than enough rounds available without reloading to keep the individuals from continuing to commit their crime.

Where does one live, where they even have to "think" about protecting themselves against one or more persons, or even having to reload?

For Christ's sake, does everyone live in somalia?

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
You are welcome to use your single shot muzzleloader if that is your choice. We also have the choice (and right) to carry weapons that hold more rounds.

brett636

Where does one live, where they even have to "think" about protecting themselves against one or more persons, or even having to reload?

TOS.

This reminds me of the old Aesop fable of the ants and the grasshopper. Some people are the ants, you are the grasshopper.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

It is in response to the "open carry" idiots who scare the hell out of people by parading around in malls and restaurants and in front of schools carrying rifles in order to make a political statement.

The new policy wont stop me from shopping at or carrying concealed in my local Target store, since by law all they can do if they see me carrying my gun is to order me to leave the premises and then charge me with criminal trespassing only if I refuse to do so.

That's not an issue for me, because the only foreseeable circumstances under which my gun would ever be out of its holster in a Target store to begin with would be circumstances such as a mass shooting incident where I would most certainly be trying to get the hell out of there anyway.

Concealed means concealed. There are times and places where the open carry of rifles is appropriate, but schools and restaurants and malls are not among them and Target has every right to decide whether or not to allow guns on their property.
we actually have common ground here

realbrown1

TOS.
Because no one in the US has ever been attacked by 2 or more people at the same time.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This reminds me of the old Aesop fable of the ants and the grasshopper. Some people are the ants, you are the grasshopper.

The only fables I know, are the ones where people have to stock pile guns just to live in a world where they have to fear an army breaking into their home.

For me, I have everything insured for replacement value. GO AHEAD , take everything!!

You'd be doing me a favor.

TOS.

realbrown1

I don't have any problem shopping with people who OPEN CARRY. I have yet to see or hear about a place that was robbed by someone who OPEN CARRIES.

But I am sure 1 of the 3 will post a link to stories of OPEN CARRIES who have robbed stores.

bbsam

Staff member
The constitution doesn't place restrictions on gun ownership. If you can find a place where it does, please enlighten me.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
So your reading of second amendment is that there can be no restrictions on gun ownership? How do you get that? Enlighten me, please.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you can show me where in the constitution it guarantees the right to all those items specifically then you may have a point.
I can certainly show you where Regulation is listed in the Second Amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.