guns

Bringdough

The gun nuts on this forum see nothing wrong with those people owning guns anyway. It's their God given right, according to them.
Even gun rights advocates realize that mentally ill people that are a danger to society should not own firearms. Find one person in the leadership if the NRA that holds that view. We all have to jealously guard our rights because their are people in govt that would lover to take them away.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
gun6.jpg

Rainman

Its all good.
Some women do that now to avoid having to reproduce offspring from Individuals or groups who force themselves on them. Would liberals want to restrict the right to use a gun in a situation like that?

I think personal protection is the main reason why people want to be armed. Why should personal protection be limited?

Conservatives are concerned about protecting life. With the policies promoted by liberals, I simply don't see that same level of concern.

A better approach to discussing this would first be to ditch the labels and name calling, and try to discuss things on a more rational manor. Unfortunately, our representatives in Washington haven't done that.

And before anyone starts the blame game, there is plenty of blame on both sides. Too many people playing political games instead of properly representing their constituency. That's probably the biggest reason why Cantor got the boot.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows

(CNN) -- At least five people -- three in North Carolina, one in Indiana and one in Ohio -- were injured after weapons went off at gun shows Saturday, officials said, at a time when there's been renewed discussion about private gun sales at such shows.

The most casualties came at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina, where attendees bolted -- with at least one woman wiping out in the frenetic scene -- when gunfire rang out around 1 p.m., as seen on video captured by CNN affiliate WRAL.

Police later explained that a a 36-year-old man from Wilmington, North Carolina, was unfastening the case of his 12-gauge shotgun on a table near the show entrance when it accidentally discharged. The man planned to sell the shotgun at the show.

The bird shot ended up injuring three people. One was a sheriff's deputy, who suffered a slight injury to his hand and was treated and released at a local hospital before returning immediately to work, said Joel Keith, chief of police of the North Carolina State Fair.

Read more: Surprise! Mom packed you a nice gun

Sheriff Donnie Harrison said he was unsure whether it was legal to bring a loaded gun on state fairgrounds. However, when the state fair is held in October, it is illegal to bring a loaded gun to the fairground because of the large crowds, authorities said.

"This is state property. That's something we're looking into," Harrison told reporters. "It's early right now."

The shooting prompted police to ban any private gun sales -- in which visitors bring their firearms to sell at the gun show -- for the remainder of the two-day show, which concludes Sunday, Keith said. He added there wouldn't be any private gun sales on fairgrounds for the indefinite future.

The gun show was closed after the shooting and will reopen Sunday. At that point, show vendors can continue to sell firearms, which are already secured inside the show, Keith said.

"If we thought if it was a problem or a hazard, we wouldn't have this show," Keith said about private gun sales at the show. "I'm sure there isn't anybody who hates this more than the guy who owned this weapon."

Man shoots business partner with semi-automatic handgun

A person is in stable condition at a northern Ohio hospital after being shot by his business partner at a gun show run by Conrad and Dowdell Productions, said Medina police Chief Patrick Berarducci.

The original owner of the Taurus semi-automatic 9 mm handgun used in the shooting brought the firearm into the show fully loaded. This is despite the policy of searches to make sure all guns are not loaded and rendered safe before others can handle them.

The man who bought the gun told police that he took it out, then accidentally fired it, said Berarducci. A single bullet ended up going into the arm and thigh of this man's business partner.

Authorities don't know who brought the loaded firearm into the gun show and sold it, added the police chief. They'll file a request with the federal ATF to track this person down.

The victim, meanwhile, is in good spirits with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Berarducci.

And in Indianapolis, a man walking out of the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show shot himself in the hand as he was loading his .45-caliber semi-automatic firearm, Indiana State Police said in a statement.

The 54-year-old Indianapolis man was sent to Wishard Hospital for treatment after being "slightly" injured.

"The investigation determined the shooting to be accidental, and no charges will be filed," police said.

Read more: Newspaper removes controversial online database of gun permit holders

Shootings occur as gun debate rages

Reforming private gun sales -- at shows or anywhere else -- is among the changes that President Barack Obama is now seeking by requiring background checks.

The president has called for action in the wake of last month's shooting at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 27 people -- 20 of them children age 7 or younger -- dead. Gun control activists have likewise pushed for changes, while gun rights advocates have said restrictions on gun sales are unnecessary and in defiance of their Second Amendment rights.

Currently, federal law requires background checks on gun sales by federally licensed firearms dealers, who are often among the vendors at gun shows.

Saturday's incidents occurred on 'Gun Appreciation Day," an event led by a gun rights group that urged Americans to "go to your local gun store, gun range or gun show with your Constitution, American flags and your 'Hands off my Guns' sign to send a loud and clear message."

Sen. Charles Schumer, a New York Democrat, last Sunday issued a statement predicting this event would drive up sales of things like "assault-style rifles," which have already "skyrocketed" in the wake of the Newtown mass shooting.

Jabari Richards, a gun enthusiast, told WRAL at the Raleigh, North Carolina, show that he thought some reforms were wise.

"I think there should be background checks for everybody," Richards said, "because then you know they ... are capable of having a gun."

But another man at the Raleigh show said it was useless for Washington to step in.

"The gun laws that they have on the books aren't enforced, don't do any good," Al Galbraith said.

Read more: 'Universal background check:' What does it mean?

Rainman

Its all good.
5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows

(CNN) -- At least five people -- three in North Carolina, one in Indiana and one in Ohio -- were injured after weapons went off at gun shows Saturday, officials said, at a time when there's been renewed discussion about private gun sales at such shows.

The most casualties came at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina, where attendees bolted -- with at least one woman wiping out in the frenetic scene -- when gunfire rang out around 1 p.m., as seen on video captured by CNN affiliate WRAL.

Police later explained that a a 36-year-old man from Wilmington, North Carolina, was unfastening the case of his 12-gauge shotgun on a table near the show entrance when it accidentally discharged. The man planned to sell the shotgun at the show.

The bird shot ended up injuring three people. One was a sheriff's deputy, who suffered a slight injury to his hand and was treated and released at a local hospital before returning immediately to work, said Joel Keith, chief of police of the North Carolina State Fair.

Read more: Surprise! Mom packed you a nice gun

Sheriff Donnie Harrison said he was unsure whether it was legal to bring a loaded gun on state fairgrounds. However, when the state fair is held in October, it is illegal to bring a loaded gun to the fairground because of the large crowds, authorities said.

"This is state property. That's something we're looking into," Harrison told reporters. "It's early right now."

The shooting prompted police to ban any private gun sales -- in which visitors bring their firearms to sell at the gun show -- for the remainder of the two-day show, which concludes Sunday, Keith said. He added there wouldn't be any private gun sales on fairgrounds for the indefinite future.

The gun show was closed after the shooting and will reopen Sunday. At that point, show vendors can continue to sell firearms, which are already secured inside the show, Keith said.

"If we thought if it was a problem or a hazard, we wouldn't have this show," Keith said about private gun sales at the show. "I'm sure there isn't anybody who hates this more than the guy who owned this weapon."

Man shoots business partner with semi-automatic handgun

A person is in stable condition at a northern Ohio hospital after being shot by his business partner at a gun show run by Conrad and Dowdell Productions, said Medina police Chief Patrick Berarducci.

The original owner of the Taurus semi-automatic 9 mm handgun used in the shooting brought the firearm into the show fully loaded. This is despite the policy of searches to make sure all guns are not loaded and rendered safe before others can handle them.

The man who bought the gun told police that he took it out, then accidentally fired it, said Berarducci. A single bullet ended up going into the arm and thigh of this man's business partner.

Authorities don't know who brought the loaded firearm into the gun show and sold it, added the police chief. They'll file a request with the federal ATF to track this person down.

The victim, meanwhile, is in good spirits with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Berarducci.

And in Indianapolis, a man walking out of the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show shot himself in the hand as he was loading his .45-caliber semi-automatic firearm, Indiana State Police said in a statement.

The 54-year-old Indianapolis man was sent to Wishard Hospital for treatment after being "slightly" injured.

"The investigation determined the shooting to be accidental, and no charges will be filed," police said.

Read more: Newspaper removes controversial online database of gun permit holders

Shootings occur as gun debate rages

Reforming private gun sales -- at shows or anywhere else -- is among the changes that President Barack Obama is now seeking by requiring background checks.

The president has called for action in the wake of last month's shooting at a school in Newtown, Connecticut, which left 27 people -- 20 of them children age 7 or younger -- dead. Gun control activists have likewise pushed for changes, while gun rights advocates have said restrictions on gun sales are unnecessary and in defiance of their Second Amendment rights.

Currently, federal law requires background checks on gun sales by federally licensed firearms dealers, who are often among the vendors at gun shows.

Saturday's incidents occurred on 'Gun Appreciation Day," an event led by a gun rights group that urged Americans to "go to your local gun store, gun range or gun show with your Constitution, American flags and your 'Hands off my Guns' sign to send a loud and clear message."

Sen. Charles Schumer, a New York Democrat, last Sunday issued a statement predicting this event would drive up sales of things like "assault-style rifles," which have already "skyrocketed" in the wake of the Newtown mass shooting.

Jabari Richards, a gun enthusiast, told WRAL at the Raleigh, North Carolina, show that he thought some reforms were wise.

"I think there should be background checks for everybody," Richards said, "because then you know they ... are capable of having a gun."

But another man at the Raleigh show said it was useless for Washington to step in.

"The gun laws that they have on the books aren't enforced, don't do any good," Al Galbraith said.

Read more: 'Universal background check:' What does it mean?
Let's enforce the laws already on the books, and have mandatory jail time for crimes committed using guns. With increasing penalties for repeat offenders.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's a difference between "killed" and "injured"........728 sees no difference according to his post about injuries at gun shows. My toon was about guns KILLING.
Stay on the porch.......

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
There's a difference between "killed" and "injured"........728 sees no difference according to his post about injuries at gun shows. My toon was about guns KILLING.
Stay on the porch.......
and once again you fail to see the pure IRONY of shootings at a Gun show.
I am beginning to realize many of the topics we discuss are probably out of your depth so I'll try to post more colorful pictures just for you as it will make it easier for you to try and keep up

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
so, 5 people were killed by guns at that gunshow ???? You better go back and read it again. Injured means they lived !! Look it up.
I never claimed they were killed, i posted five people were SHOT at gunshows and provided evidence of the shootings.
Like i said before, I truly think these discussions are out of your depth of comprehension

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
1. The Militia Act of 1792 was written almost 20 years after the Bill of Rights so it is irrelevant.

2. The Founding Fathers distrusted standing armies and believed that an armed populace was an additional check and balance against a tyrannical government.

3. There was no modern system of communication, or law enforcement as we understand it today, so any situation requiring an armed response was dealt with by the local militia, who were comprised of armed civilians. They couldnt call 911 and wait for a nanny state government to protect them like you do, they had to take that responsibility on themselves.

4. If the intent of the Second Amendment was only to preserve the right of militia members to keep and bear arms, then it wouldnt have declared that the right belongs to THE PEOPLE.

You see sober, you obviously cant argue about the second amendment, even though you keep "citing" it. I asked you to reconcile, in your own terms, the connections you make between the fragments in the second amendment, and then, you defer to the bill of rights, which isnt the subject.

Either you understand the second amendment or you dont.

The impression you are leaving is that you dont understand it, nor can you explain it without compromising your own position.

The founders distrusted ENGLISH standing armies, but hadnt established a standing army for the USA at the time. The militia act was GOVERNMENT REGULATION on militias, and not a bunch of private persons owning guns.

"A well regulated militia"... GOVERNED by the GOVERNMENT.

Please spare me your NRA talking points about "nanny state" blah blah blah... the founders made sure the militias were regulated by the government, and service was required by all WHITE men 18 yrs of age up to 45 yrs of age.

If you didnt register, you could face jail. In the third congress, they amended the militia act to include "conscientious objector" status for religious cowards who refused to fight because of their religious beliefs.

The bill of rights has nothing to do with our conversaton about the second amendment. The conversation is about the structure of the second amendment itself, and how you try to apply it to your logic given the full understanding of how english, syntax and conjunction works in a sentence.

Again, i ask you how you connect the last two fragments of the second amendment to have one meaning, yet , separate the first two fragments of the sentence, giving the last two fragments a separate meaning.

Pretty simple stuff.

Stay on subject.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
Are we willing to pay for that?
We're going to pay one way or the other. Maybe stricter sentences will nip some of this in the bud. I'd rather pay to keep someone locked up than to see someone I care about harmed. That's really the bottom line.

brett636

and once again you fail to see the pure IRONY of shootings at a Gun show.
I am beginning to realize many of the topics we discuss are probably out of your depth so I'll try to post more colorful pictures just for you as it will make it easier for you to try and keep up

Allow me to sum up your position then. You believe the root of our problems in this country lie with the fact that we simply have too much liberty. Our freedoms cause unintended consequences, and if our all powerful, benevolent(in your mind) government would just step in and take those liberties away or atleast severely restrict them this would be a much safer country. Am I right?