guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Obama isnt going to "take" our guns, and door-to-door confiscation is the stuff of paranoid conspiracy theories.

What worries ME...is the creeping incrementalism of feel-good "reasonable, common sense" rules that will eventually turn the Second Amendment into a right that only exists on paper.

Im talking about taxes that make guns or ammo unaffordable. In talking about bans on lead ammo. Im talking about forcing gun owners to purchase unaffordable liability insurance. Im talking about conventional guns becoming illegal to manufacture or sell due to microstamping or "smart gun" technology becoming a requirement.

If the Bloombergs and Feinsteins get their way, there wont be a need for door-to-door confiscation because we will all be standing in line to turn them in.

soberups

https://gma.yahoo.com/3-dead-califo...un-battle-131813744--abc-news-topstories.html

3 Dead After California Bank Robbery Turns Into Gun Battle
Robbers fleeing a California bank took three women hostage and led police on a chase that reached speeds of 100 mph, ending when three people were shot dead, including one of the hostages, authorities said.

During the 45 minute chase, two of the hostages were tossed out of the moving car, authorities said.

The violence erupted in Stockton, a city in the northern part of the state. Authorities say three robbers at Bank of the West made off with money and the three female hostages.

One of the hostages, identified by family and friends as Misty Holt-Singh, was dragged away by the robbers as her 12-year-old daughter watched in horror.

“She was just going to pull out money, she left her kid in the car,” her cousin, identified as Devin J., said. The daughter texted her father, saying, "They took Mom,” Devin J. said.

Police say the suspects stole a bank employee’s SUV and fired AK-47-type assault weapons at pursuing police. At least 14 cars and many homes were struck by stray bullets, Police Chief Eric Jones told a news conference late Wednesday.

"It was such a chaotic ... fluid situation, really one of the most dangerous, tense situations that a police officer could go through," Jones said.

When the SUV's tires were shot and the vehicle came to a stop at an intersection, officers exchanged gunfire with at least one of the assailants.

"The firing never stopped," Jones said, noting that the suspects had ammunition strapped to their bodies. "They were trying to kill (the officers), no doubt."

The chase ended in a bloody shootout that left the SUV riddled with bullet holes. All of the alleged bank robbers were shot, two of them dead.

The surviving suspect was identified by police as Jaime Ramos, 19. He was charged with homicide, kidnapping, robbery, and attempted murder charges. Police did not identify the two dead suspects, but said they were 30 and 27 and were "documented gang members."

Police said they recovered at least three handguns and an assault rifle.

One hostage, identified by her family as Holt-Singh, also died in the car, with police saying she appears to have been used by the suspects as a human shield during the shootout.

The women who were thrown from the car both has bullet wounds and are hospitalized, police said.

Family and friends mourned Holt-Singh's death, writing reflections on her Facebook page.

“My mind can't stop thinking about you and my heart can't stop aching for your family,” one of her friends wrote.

“Although your life was cut short your legacy lives on in your beautiful children and memories you left with all of us in one way or another.”

None of this is possible.

Assault weapons and AK-pattern rifles are illegal in California.

soberups

They have to go where the idiots are quick to part with their money. Its just business.

Crack Dealers dont go to neighborhoods where its tough to peddle rock, do they?

TOS.
Mossberg has been paying American workers a family wage to build quality shotguns for law enforcement and hunting for almost 100 years. Comparing them to crack dealers is idiotic.

soberups

mate, nothing has been taken away,and Boycotting Russian Imports over the Ukrianian Situation seems a pretty reasonable thing to do
you must really do better than that
The boycott will not really affect the availability of AK-pattern rifles; the majority of AK's are imported from Romania, not Russia. The Russian ones are of superior quality and command higher prices, though.

It is worth noting that a ban has been in place since the 1980's on the import of high-capacity semi-auto rifles. The AK rifles that come from Romania and Russia have been slightly modified to only accept 10 round magazines. Once imported, they are then "converted" back to high-capacity guns by substituting enough American-made parts (trigger assemblies, guide rods etc.) to get around the ban. Hollowing out the mag well to accept standard 30-round AK mags and replacing a few parts is also well within the capabilities of the average gun hobbyist with basic tools. I predict we will see prices skyrocket for "converted" Saigas as a result of the boycott, but not much else will change as far as the availabilty of AK type guns.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Spoken like a man who doesn't understand what "to big to fail" and "Citizens United" mean.
That's all you got to come back with. Then you got nothing. A nobody who didn't even bother to serve his country when he had the chance.
Big talk now, but back then I bet you were a self-centered little boy.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
from the site you posted

Petroleum includes crude oil and petroleum products. Petroleum products include gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, jet fuel, chemical feedstocks, asphalt, biofuels (ethanol and biodiesel), and other products. In 2012, about 57% of the crude oil processed in U.S. refineries was imported.

FAIL.

Learn the difference.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mossberg has been paying American workers a family wage to build quality shotguns for law enforcement and hunting for almost 100 years. Comparing them to crack dealers is idiotic.

No it isnt. Crack addicts need a pusher, Gun owners are no different.

The only thing that separates them is the color of the dealer.

TOS.

BrownArmy

If the majority of our citizenry were as equally zealous about defending their right to vote as gun owners were about defending their right to own guns...

bbsam

Staff member
That's all you got to come back with. Then you got nothing. A nobody who didn't even bother to serve his country when he had the chance.
Big talk now, but back then I bet you were a self-centered little boy.
Of course I was. That doesn't make me a nobody now though.

But how you got to be so old and remain so naive is just sad. You want to believe in the US that liberated Europe in WWIi. Fine. That's long gone. Politics and the military no longer serve the ideals of America. They serve the 1% and their interests. If their interests are that Americans are disarmed, it will be done. Personally, I've never thought that anyone really wants that, but if they did, it would and could be done by various levels of coercion and finally force when necessary. But guns are good business. Why would the powers that be want to shut that down? In fact, "take away our guns" is good for business. The NRA has been milking that sales pitch for decades.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Of course I was. That doesn't make me a nobody now though.

But how you got to be so old and remain so naive is just sad. You want to believe in the US that liberated Europe in WWIi. Fine. That's long gone. Politics and the military no longer serve the ideals of America. They serve the 1% and their interests. If their interests are that Americans are disarmed, it will be done. Personally, I've never thought that anyone really wants that, but if they did, it would and could be done by various levels of coercion and finally force when necessary. But guns are good business. Why would the powers that be want to shut that down? In fact, "take away our guns" is good for business. The NRA has been milking that sales pitch for decades.
You are sick in the head. No evidence, no proof will ever change your mind. It is a total waste of time for anyone here to even try.
So go ahead and live your life with your sick view of America. No wonder you didn't serve our country when you had the chance. You don't believe in the American ideals that I do.
I feel sad for you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2mc7o0z.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
You are sick in the head. No evidence, no proof will ever change your mind. It is a total waste of time for anyone here to even try.
So go ahead and live your life with your sick view of America. No wonder you didn't serve our country when you had the chance. You don't believe in the American ideals that I do.
I feel sad for you.
Do you not believe in the military industrial complex?