guns

bbsam

Staff member
I don't believe in the pointless banter that is similiar to that spewed by the children that made up the occupy movement which some of your posts strangely resemble.
I see. You believe in all that "equal opportunity" and "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and "rugged individualism" stuff. Good for you. It's a scam though. The Pelosi's, Durbin's and Clintons don't play by our rules. Neither do the Bachmann's, Cantor's, or Boehners.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Crack IS primarily used by minorities but it was racist for you to point that out.

Really? do you have some statistics to prove this? Or is this just another whites mans take on the drug problem in the usa? Palins family deals meth and crack yet, they are not minorities.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Please elaborate.

Sober, you are one of the largest addicts of them all. Sortaspeak. You cannot go a minute without connecting your
gun(s) to your every movement, your life, your work, your play, your sleep, etc etc etc....

Do does a crack, meth or heroin addict.

its their life too.

They need their dealers, and gun owners need gun stores and online gun stores.

You would lose your mind if gun stores didnt exist, just like the addict would freak out if dealers were off the streets.

Same difference, except, the dealers of guns have more money than the dealer on the street.

They both take peoples lives, just one doesnt get the blame and the other does.

TOS.

brett636

I see. You believe in all that "equal opportunity" and "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" and "rugged individualism" stuff. Good for you. It's a scam though. The Pelosi's, Durbin's and Clintons don't play by our rules. Neither do the Bachmann's, Cantor's, or Boehners.

I will give it to you that very few in the upper levels of the political class or "ruling class" play by the rules regardless of political affiliation. With that being said I don't believe this country's problems originate from a rich vs. poor issue, but rather a ruling class of people who will stop at nothing to maintain and grow their power.

It is ironic though to see someone who has pulled themselves up by the boot straps and exercised their individualism to a healthy level of success(assumed) calling those same ideals a scam.

bbsam

Staff member
I will give it to you that very few in the upper levels of the political class or "ruling class" play by the rules regardless of political affiliation. With that being said I don't believe this country's problems originate from a rich vs. poor issue, but rather a ruling class of people who will stop at nothing to maintain and grow their power.

It is ironic though to see someone who has pulled themselves up by the boot straps and exercised their individualism to a healthy level of success(assumed) calling those same ideals a scam.
I've had a lot of help along the way and haven't forgotten it. I know what "You didn't build that." means.

wayfair

swollen member
Sober, you are one of the largest addicts of them all. Sortaspeak. You cannot go a minute without connecting your
gun(s) to your every movement, your life, your work, your play, your sleep, etc etc etc....

Do does a crack, meth or heroin addict.

its their life too.

They need their dealers, and gun owners need gun stores and online gun stores.

You would lose your mind if gun stores didnt exist, just like the addict would freak out if dealers were off the streets.

Same difference, except, the dealers of guns have more money than the dealer on the street.

They both take peoples lives, just one doesnt get the blame and the other does.

TOS.

you shop at Walmart too?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am asking this question with the utmost sincerity and complete lack of sarcasm: Why aren't the gun owners/collectors etc outraged with the NRA and Gun Lobby for causing the huge price increase of Guns and Ammo due to false rumors of 'Obama will take your Guns" that were indeed started buy these groups and blasted non stop by Fox News?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am asking this question with the utmost sincerity and complete lack of sarcasm: Why aren't the gun owners/collectors etc outraged with the NRA and Gun Lobby for causing the huge price increase of Guns and Ammo due to false rumors of 'Obama will take your Guns" that were indeed started buy these groups and blasted non stop by Fox News?
The price increases havent been caused by the NRA, they are a simple result of supply and demand and concerns about future availability. If people think--rightly or wrongly--that a particular item will be scarce or unobtainable at some point in the future they will want to buy that item.

oldngray

nowhere special

Because its isn't false rumors and has nothing to do with Fox. Its not as much Obama although it does include him because of his pandering to his anti gun base. People like Feinstein and Bloomberg (and many others on the left) have openly stated their desire to remove all guns from civilian ownership. It is the NRA (who is comprised of millions of individual members with their own opinions and not an organization that dictates from the top as many gun control activists try to portray) and other gun rights supporters who have to work so hard to protect their rights that the gun control people are trying to take away. The gun control agenda is death by a thousand cuts and eliminate guns incrementally because they realize (and have publicly stated) that it is impossible for them to achieve all of their objectives immediately.

bbsam

Staff member
How is supporting background checks anti-gun? Isn't it just as much pro mental health? I mean isn't it possible to get to common ground if both can realize their common goal by naming it in their own minds?

oldngray

nowhere special
How is supporting background checks anti-gun? Isn't it just as much pro mental health? I mean isn't it possible to get to common ground if both can realize their common goal by naming it in their own minds?

There are already background checks for almost all gun sales but when pushed to the extreme of requiring them for transfers to another family member I would draw the line. What additional background checks are you proposing?

moreluck

golden ticket member
voter ID ???? Less invasive than a background check. You're for it now ?