guns

bbsam

Staff member
As far as voter fraud, I disagree with your opinion.

You're ok with some proposed laws a long as they wouldn't be abused. Most gun owners would be ok with some restrictions if they wouldn't be abused. But like you, gun owners don't have the faith that restrictions and laws won't be abused in some way. History is full of examples of regular people like us getting screwed. Technology changes, but human nature doesn't.

Are you and I paranoid for not trusting the government in certain areas? Or are we exercising reasonable caution?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
You only have to listen to the Pennsylvania congressman promising the state for Romney to see exactly what those laws are about.

On guns, most Americans (by a wide margin) would support universal background checks. I'm with them and yet that's painted as radical and gun hating and "coming to take our guns!". And if NRA members don't get to that point of hysteria, they scare themselves with "slippery slope" arguments.

bbsam

Staff member
The demand is high for the same reason that people used to line up and fight to get Beanie Babies or Tickle Me Elmo dolls at Christmas time.

The perception of low supply can trigger a high demand which creates an even lower supply which causes demand to increase even more. It becomes its own feedback loop.

Fortunately, the perceived "crisis" and resultant panic buying seems to have ended. Gun prices have almost dropped back down to pre-Sandy Hook levels, and .22LR is pretty much the only ammo that is in short supply. Bulk 9mm and 7.62x39 is available online again and most of the stores I frequent usually have these calibers in stock whereas a month after Sandy Hook the shelves were bare.
Look for manufacturers to ramp up the anxiety again. Conveniently enough, prices will follow.

oldngray

nowhere special
You only have to listen to the Pennsylvania congressman promising the state for Romney to see exactly what those laws are about.

On guns, most Americans (by a wide margin) would support universal background checks. I'm with them and yet that's painted as radical and gun hating and "coming to take our guns!". And if NRA members don't get to that point of hysteria, they scare themselves with "slippery slope" arguments.

Can you clarify what you mean by "universal" background checks? And why do you think the current background check system needs to be changed?

Fedex Guy

They are only against other people having guns. While they have their own cocoon of armed security. And Pelosi has one of few concealed carry permits in San Francisco area.

That stupid bytch should carry a gun. She will prob need it at some point.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Most Americans are also opposed to universal gun registration, which would be required in order to make a "universal background check" system work.

What I would like to see....is a universal "good guy card" that would require a background check and extensive training to receive. A person who jumped through all the hoops needed to get such a card would then be able to carry concealed in all 50 states, buy guns without a waiting period, and possess high capacity magazines.

I personally will not sell a gun to someone I don't know unless they can show me either a concealed carry permit or other guns that they already own. I don't want to be responsible for selling a gun to someone who is legally prohibited from having one.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Most Americans are also opposed to universal gun registration, which would be required in order to make a "universal background check" system work.

What I would like to see....is a universal "good guy card" that would require a background check and extensive training to receive. A person who jumped through all the hoops needed to get such a card would then be able to carry concealed in all 50 states, buy guns without a waiting period, and possess high capacity magazines.

I personally will not sell a gun to someone I don't know unless they can show me either a concealed carry permit or other guns that they already own. I don't want to be responsible for selling a gun to someone who is legally prohibited from having one.

You shouldnt be able to sell guns to anyone.

If you want a gun for self protection, then thats fine, but when you enter the world of gun selling, then "WE" as americans need to know you have the mental capacity to make such decisions.

I personally feel you shouldnt be allow to sell any kind of weapon to anyone.

And this is the problem with this country.

You have no idea what you are creating when you sell a gun and ammo to anyone. You have no idea what you are doing.

Just making money, but isnt that always what guns come down to in the first place?

Why should the country feel "safe" knowing some dude in the sticks living like rambo, who cannot even go get a gallon of milk without having a gun on his side, is selling guns to person(s) without any kind of comprehensive background check?

Its a stupid idea that costs lives.

Your a part of the problem, and not a part of the solution.

TOS.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

If you want a gun for self protection, then thats fine, but when you enter the world of gun selling, then "WE" as americans need to know you have the mental capacity to make such decisions.

You have no idea what you are creating when you sell a gun and ammo to anyone. You have no idea what you are doing.

Just making money, but isnt that always what guns come down to in the first place?

Why should the country feel "safe" knowing some dude in the sticks living like rambo, who cannot even go get a gallon of milk without having a gun on his side, is selling guns to person(s) without any kind of comprehensive background check?

TOS.

Drunk drivers kill more people than guns do.

Should we require background checks for everybody who buy a car? What about permits and background checks and waiting periods in order to buy a six-pack of beer?

200 million+ gun owners didn't commit any crimes with their guns yesterday and they wont tomorrow either.

oldngray

nowhere special
caps-lock-troll-key.png

Bringdough

So you admit that the high demand for guns is artificial?

File early, file often.
We have to jealously guard our freedoms and rights. Libs do it with abortion, they freak out if someone tries to limit those "rights". My side does the same thing with the 2nd amendment. Except our position is clearly stated in the constitution, abortion not at all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Work safe or not at all.

We have to jealously guard our freedoms and rights. Libs do it with abortion, they freak out if someone tries to limit those "rights". My side does the same thing with the 2nd amendment. Except our position is clearly stated in the constitution, abortion not at all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

At least you admit it. Wanna buy a gun? It may be your last chance! Buy it while you can! $900,000,000.00 I know you want it!

File early, file often.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Sent using BrownCafe App

Clearly stated?? Yet, neither YOU nor SOBER can point this out, unless you eliminate the commas that change the meaning into something you want it to mean.

Like sober said, "who cares about commas, they mean nothing"...

Even though he uses a comma to complete a sentence.

TOS.

Johney

Pineapple King

TOS.
YAWN.