guns

wkmac

Didn't see them on the list!

I'd trust a bunch of armed average folk with guns before I'd ever trust any gov't. History is full of human misery as a result of organized States having weapons.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Didn't see them on the list!

I'd trust a bunch of armed average folk with guns before I'd ever trust any gov't. History is full of human misery as a result of organized States having weapons.
hmmm what about all of the misery caused from the USA giving Organized States weapons?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

ce874226bf4f62c8396c394f159caa1b.jpg

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
It was a pointless straw man argument that ignored Supreme Court rulings about what the 2nd Amendment means. And why not toss out the 1st Amendment? It has the same basis in authority.

oldngray

nowhere special
Again, I challenge you read the whole thing. Stop arguing from emotion and argue from fact.

I am arguing from fact. My basis is the Supreme court. Emotion comes into play when you start talking about changing the Constitution because you think society has changed and you are afraid of the evil guns. There is a procedure to change the Constitution but it is slow and complicated by design. That article did defend the 2nd Amendment but it shouldn't even need to be defended is my point.

wkmac

Old,

Did you or did you not read the article? If no, regardless of anything else you are arguing from ignorance.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
‘Responsible’ Gun Owner Gets Mad And Shoots A Man In The Face, Killing Him
AUTHOR: SHANNON ARGUETA SEPTEMBER 6, 2014 11:48 AM

The right loves to scream that the left wants to take their guns away. It never crosses their mind that perhaps some of them are so bat:censored2: crazy that they shouldn’t own any gun that doesn’t squirt water. Take 69-year-old Martin Zale, he thought it perfectly acceptable to shoot another man in the face last week.

On Tuesday, witnesses say Zale was driving recklessly in Howell, Michigan. He tailgated and then cut off 43-year-old Derek Flemming while Flemming was on his way to pick up his kids from school with his wife. When Zale and Flemming reached a stoplight, Flemming exited his vehicle and asked Zale,”What’s your problem?” In response Zale rolled down his window and shot Flemming in the face.

Flemming’s wife witnessed the entire scene from the passenger seat of the car. After the shooting she ran to her husband and begged him to stay alive but he was pronounced dead on scene.

{Text edited out. Copying and pasting an entire article, story or any other copyrighted materials here is a no-no because that's AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAW! It's okay to post small excerpts and/or your own comments and a link to the original work. If you find copyright laws too restrictive feel free to start a thread in the Current Events forum debating the merits of Copyright laws.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#tldr}

I don't see why they felt the need to start the article with 'responsible'. I think myself, the NRA, and any other gun owner who actually is 'responsible' would all agree that he obviously wasn't. Do they think that makes a point for them or something?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
this is the most typical use of a firearm from a law abiding citizen. A coward with a gun. Start trouble, end it with a gun.

Cowards cant handle trouble with their fists. They hide behind the steel courage that makes them feel manly.

Hopefully, he gets life in prison for his murder of this man.

TOS.

this is the most typical use of a firearm from a law abiding citizen No, it's not. Not myself, nor any other law abiding citizen I know uses a firearm for this purpose. By this man doing so, he disqualifies himself from being "law abiding" all together.

Cowards cant handle trouble with their fists. They hide behind the steel courage that makes them feel manly. Since you precluded this statement with the last one about "law abiding citizens", I can assume you feel this way about anyone who carries a gun, not just scumbags. Carrying a gun isn't about being tough or manly. It's about protecting your life with the best means available. The guy in this story is a criminal and a scumbag. Not a respectable citizen like the majority of gun owners including myself. I don't start fights. I don't look for trouble. But if you threaten the life of me or someone I'm with you can guarantee it's going to be met with deadly force, even at the cost of looking "manly".

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Putting aside for a moment that a Bucket List for a 9 y/o can reasonably be fulfilled at least 50 years in the future....
Putting aside the belief that any item on someone's Bucket List is somehow sacred....
Would her parents let her try bourbon?
Would they let her drive their SUV to school?
Would they let her have sex?
Where does a reasonable parent draw the line in making a child's dreams come true?
How about when doing so would place her, or someone else's life at risk?
Be honest, here, parents. Didn't you place that gun in her hands for your own amusement, not hers?
Im pro-gun and I totally agree with you.

The proper way to teach gun safety and marksmanship to a 9 yr old is with a single-shot .22 like the one I got for my 10th birthday.

In this case, the instructor was solely to blame. The parents were from New Jersey so they probably didnt know anything about guns and assumed the instructor would make the correct choice.

BrownBrokeDown

Im pro-gun and I totally agree with you.

The proper way to teach gun safety and marksmanship to a 9 yr old is with a single-shot .22 like the one I got for my 10th birthday.

In this case, the instructor was solely to blame. The parents were from New Jersey so they probably didnt know anything about guns and assumed the instructor would make the correct choice.
I am also pro-gun, and you are 100% correct. My daughter under my supervision at 11 yrs old, just shot her first gun the other day. Trust me, it was nothing like what happened there. I am in the process of convincing her mother to let her "baby" go with me while i go hunting. Notice how I said that. "Go with me while I am hunting". I don't forsee much game being brought in just like the first few times i went with my Dad. It will not be so much about me hunting but instructing her and letting her observe proper gun etiquette. AT NO POINT WOULD SHE EVER BE AN INEXPERIENCED GUN HANDLER AND AT HER YOU AGE HAVE ACCESS TO A SEMI-AUTOMATIC. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT UNTIL SHE IS OLDER AND MORE EXPERIENCED. The reason why I brought my daughter up is the fact that I had to explain that situation to my wife. I had to explain that a trainer with lots of experience was dead through his own error and that I don't know any "Responsible" gun owner that would have put himself in that position. I don't want to speak badly of the dead, but there was so many bad decisions in that situation. Both me and my brother fired a gun for the first time when we were younger than that. We were never ALLOWED to create a situation like that.

My first guns were a single shot .22 (the old fashioned bolt action that you also had to pull the back part back to cock, cant remember what its called right now) and a single shot 20 guage.

BrownBrokeDown

That was a pointed article meant to sway the uniformed. No wonder it had such a big impact with you.
In my opinion it was a very pointed article, and was possibly a fictional event with factual information. My questions are - 1.)care to disprove any of the quotes are logic used with actual facts from the time period? 2.)can you find anything anywhere regarding any of the founding fathers and compatriots that didn't agree with those that were listed?

Keep in mind, I'm asking for facts, not opinions. Anything...even 1 quote from the time period that is from a founding father that could possibly be interperated as counter to the arguments used in the article, or that state that they believed the constitution or bill of rights were open to future rewriting.