guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ya, i am sure there is a distributor of wwii live tank shells on every block in germany.

TOS.
It would be a relatively straightforward matter for a machine shop to fabricate an 88mm tank shell. You need to form a brass or steel shell casing of the correct dimensions, forge or cast a projectile, add gunpowder and a primer, and assemble the parts in a press. Its not much different from reloading conventional handgun or rifle ammunition, other than the size and expense of the components involved. We are talking about 1940's era technology, something well within the means of any modern day billionaire to recreate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Paul Allen did not personally buy this tank. The sale was negotiated by an employee of a company he owns called Vulcan. They do a pretty great job of restoring and preserving WWI and WWII era military equipment.

We're basically talking about a museum. It has absolutely nothing to do with Initiative 594. The comparison is a ridiculous stretch.

I don't understand why people are opposed to background checks for gun purchases, but I don't live in Washington so it doesn't really matter what I think about it. The people of that state have the right to decide for themselves what they think of I-594.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ezlunb.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
With little fanfare, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in 2012 amended its Form 4473 — the transactional record the government requires gun purchasers and sellers to fill out when buying a firearm — to identify buyers as either Hispanic, Latino or not. Then a buyer must check his or her race: Indian, Asian, black, Pacific Islander or white.
Requiring the race and ethnic information of gun buyers is not required by federal law and provides little law enforcement value, legal experts say.
Just like the last US Census , no where is there a place to list yourself as American .
That is my race .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cops in Australia: We thwarted grisly ISIS plot
SYDNEY -- Counterterrorism raids in Sydney on Thursday were sparked by security intelligence that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) was planning a random, violent attack in Australia as a demonstration of its reach, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said.

About 800 Australian police officers were involved in what was the country's largest counterterrorism operation, Federal Police Deputy Commissioner Andrew Colvin said. Authorities detained 15 people and raided more than a dozen properties across Sydney.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/austral...t-to-behead-random-person-in-sydney-thwarted/

Many Australians are reconsidering their country's ban on owning self defense weapons .

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Ya, i am sure there is a distributor of wwii live tank shells on every block in germany.

TOS.
Shows your lack of knowledge on tanks, weapons and just about everything else you spout off.
Tank shells are measured by size. You put the right size shell in that tank, and you can fire it. It does not have to be from Germany or from WWII.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gun-control group looks to capitalize on NFL’s domestic violence woes
The gun control group founded by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) is looking to use the National Football League’s nightmarish string of domestic violence scandals to renew its push for stronger federal firearms regulations.

Americans for Responsible Solutions (ARS) issued a report Tuesday linking a trio of incidents involving Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and other NFL players to the push for tougher laws, even though guns played no role in two of the cases.

http://thehill.com/regulation/217870-gun-control-group-looks-to-capitalize-on-nfl-woes