guns

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In my opinion it was a very pointed article, and was possibly a fictional event with factual information. My questions are - 1.)care to disprove any of the quotes are logic used with actual facts from the time period? 2.)can you find anything anywhere regarding any of the founding fathers and compatriots that didn't agree with those that were listed?

Keep in mind, I'm asking for facts, not opinions. Anything...even 1 quote from the time period that is from a founding father that could possibly be interperated as counter to the arguments used in the article, or that state that they believed the constitution or bill of rights were open to future rewriting.
I'm pretty sure he didn't read it at all.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That article did defend the 2nd Amendment but it shouldn't even need to be defended is my point.
That's kind of the point I took out of the article, the second amendment doesn't necessarily even need to be defended, because it isn't the end all be all of our right to gun ownership.

It lays out good points as to why the 2nd amendment applies to everyone, then goes a step further. Even if at some point the supreme court says the 2nd amendment only applies to the military, it doesn't prohibit gun ownership. In fact the 9th and 10th amendment do a pretty good job of allowing gun ownership by themselves.

It then takes it to the extreme, pointing out that the founders didn't believe we get our rights from the bill of rights at all, they are inherent natural rights. Even if laws are made against it, as humans we still have the right.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
"Common sense" Alcohol control

5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report, ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Over 100,000 people per year die due to alcohol...far more than die from firearms.

Its time for some "common sense" alcohol controls.

We need to implement background checks on the purchase of alcohol to insure that alcohol is not sold to alcoholics.

All persons who wish to purchase alcohol should first be required to get a license, get fingerprinted, pay for an ID card, and register all alcohol purchases with the BATF.

There needs to be a mandatory 3-day waiting period on the purchase of all alcohol, since 30% of all suicides are alcohol related. And there should be a one-bottle-per-month limit on all alcohol purchases.

High-capacity "assault bottles" of alcohol need to be outlawed. High-capacity bottles are not suitable for "normal purposes"...wine and beer should only be sold in 6 ounce cans or bottles instead of the dangerous 40-ounce high-capacity bottles.

All bottles of alcohol should come with mandatory child-proof caps. Persons who wish to keep alcohol in their homes should be required to store it in a safe, and allow local police to inspect that safe. Persons who wish to store dangerous alcohol in their homes should be required to maintain liability insurance for any damage their alcohol may cause.

Posession or use of alcohol in public should be banned. All bars and taverns should be closed. Persons wishing to transport alcohol in their car should be required to lock it in a case in the trunk, seperate from any bottle-openers or glasses.

Dont yeild to pressure from the pro-alcohol lobby. We need to enact common-sense alcohol control NOW. Our rights to have alcohol come with responsibilities, and we must accept the fact that, as citizens, we need the govermnent to monitor and oversee our alcohol use because it knows what is best for us.

It is a small price to pay if it will save one child.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
2yun2ms.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Billionaire Allen backs gun control while trying to buy German tank

The San Francisco Chronicle today is reporting what must qualify as the zenith of “let me see if I have this straight” situations when it revealed that Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, who donated $500,000 to the Initiative 594 campaign on Aug. 11, is now in a legal battle over possession of a – are you sitting down? – WWII German tank.

“We looked through I-594 and discovered why he’s probably hot to purchase that Panzer,” Gottlieb said. “Tanks appear to be exempt under the gun control measure because they’re not specifically mentioned anywhere in those 18 pages. So, Allen wouldn’t have to go through a background check. But who needs a tank to go duck hunting?

“Evidently,” Gottlieb observed, “the difference between billionaires and the rest of us is the size of the guns they want to own.

http://www.examiner.com/article/billionaire-allen-backs-gun-control-while-trying-to-buy-german-tank

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Billionaire Allen backs gun control while trying to buy German tank

The San Francisco Chronicle today is reporting what must qualify as the zenith of “let me see if I have this straight” situations when it revealed that Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, who donated $500,000 to the Initiative 594 campaign on Aug. 11, is now in a legal battle over possession of a – are you sitting down? – WWII German tank.

“We looked through I-594 and discovered why he’s probably hot to purchase that Panzer,” Gottlieb said. “Tanks appear to be exempt under the gun control measure because they’re not specifically mentioned anywhere in those 18 pages. So, Allen wouldn’t have to go through a background check. But who needs a tank to go duck hunting?

“Evidently,” Gottlieb observed, “the difference between billionaires and the rest of us is the size of the guns they want to own.

http://www.examiner.com/article/billionaire-allen-backs-gun-control-while-trying-to-buy-german-tank

Its a historical piece of history, not a weapon. Where would he possibly buy a shell for the cannon?

Think about it, kind of a stretch, dont you think?

Kind of like the idiots who cant wait to hold a german wwii luger.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its a historical piece of history, not a weapon. Where would he possibly buy a shell for the cannon?

Think about it, kind of a stretch, dont you think?

Kind of like the idiots who cant wait to hold a german wwii luger.

TOS.

Shells are much cheaper than functional cannons and much easier to obtain.