guns

brett636

For those of you who live in free states I've found a good deal on a a new AR15 for those of you in the market. $699.99 with 10 free 30 rd mags. Bushmaster is also offering a $50 mail in rebate making the deal even sweeter.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ar-90289-with-mags.aspx

AR90289D.1.jpg

FREEPLINKERMAGS_10.jpg

If you find a better deal feel free to post it.

brett636

Its funny to remember how these were going for north of $1000 just a year and a half ago and that is if you could find it. I guess the old saying is true that what goes up must come down, and now that that the market has been saturated with AR15s due to panic buying its making them much cheaper now.

oldngray

nowhere special
what imported surplus ammo are you talking about?
I recently bought a spam can of Tula from walmart

The old spam cans of berdan primed corrosive steel core ammo. No more steel core since it was ruled as armor piercing. Crappy ammo but good for spray and pray shooting.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
California has 3 new anti-gun laws .

Senate Bill 199 removes exceptions for limited airsoft and bb device the imitation firearm marking requirements.
  • Assembly Bill 1014 authorizes a family member or law enforcement officer to file for a restraining order against you to have your firearms forfeited.
  • Assembly Bill 1609 makes it a state crime to transport or otherwise import firearms into California that were acquired from out of state, unless the firearms are sent to and transferred through a licensed California gun dealer.

Bottom rung

Gun prices are dropping but ammo is still expensive and/or in short supply.
It will be for quite some time. I spoke with a sales rep for a major ammo manufacturer, he said if they stopped taking orders today it would take them three years to get caught up. They have every line at every plant running 24/7 its a free for all on o/t. But they won't add machines as they feel demand may drop and pricing may fall. Where's all the ammo going you ask? Overseas. Use your imagination on who's purchasing it. When I asked who his clients were his response was "they're probably people you don't think we should sell to" I no longer purchase federal brand ammo.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/389441/moms-demand-swatting-charles-c-w-cooke

Moms Demand SWATting
A disturbing trend on the fringes of the gun-control movement
Reacting to a photograph of a man standing at a checkout with a handgun holstered upon his hip, mom-who-demands-action Joyce Ward asks, “Why weren’t the police called immediately?” And “why,” Ward continues, “wasn’t he shot by the police for having a weapon”? Fellow poster Lisa McLoganShaheen has a similar inquiry, wondering, “Why hasn’t someone called 911 so the cops can gun him down?” Others go a little further, proposing that they might help their cause along if they were actively to bring about an altercation. “Every time I see someone with a gun in a store I will call 911,” Jennifer Decker vows, “they’ll get tired of that right quick!!!” Even that plan is too limited for Ann Marie. “Just call the police every time you see someone with one,” she counsels, “the police will get sick of it eventually or have a run in with one of these clowns and then things will change.”

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/389441/moms-demand-swatting-charles-c-w-cooke

Moms Demand SWATting
A disturbing trend on the fringes of the gun-control movement
Reacting to a photograph of a man standing at a checkout with a handgun holstered upon his hip, mom-who-demands-action Joyce Ward asks, “Why weren’t the police called immediately?” And “why,” Ward continues, “wasn’t he shot by the police for having a weapon”? Fellow poster Lisa McLoganShaheen has a similar inquiry, wondering, “Why hasn’t someone called 911 so the cops can gun him down?” Others go a little further, proposing that they might help their cause along if they were actively to bring about an altercation. “Every time I see someone with a gun in a store I will call 911,” Jennifer Decker vows, “they’ll get tired of that right quick!!!” Even that plan is too limited for Ann Marie. “Just call the police every time you see someone with one,” she counsels, “the police will get sick of it eventually or have a run in with one of these clowns and then things will change.”
An article about facebook comments.... mmmkay then.