guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have always felt that "off-body" carry of a concealed firearm....either in a purse or a briefcase...is dangerous. Its too easy to have it snatched, to set it down and lose/forget/misplace it, or to have someone get into it when you aren't looking. For women who wear tighter-fitting clothing...or a dress with no belt....either a fanny pack or a bra holster is a much better option that carrying in a purse.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, so? People die in car accidents and spoons make people fat. So?
I am not.drawing conclusions. Unlike people who post stories about "good guys shooting bad guys" and draw conclusions, I'm just putting this out there. I'm sure others of you saw it (it's been in the news) but you weren't going to bring it up, now were you?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I am not.drawing conclusions. Unlike people who post stories about "good guys shooting bad guys" and draw conclusions, I'm just putting this out there. I'm sure others of you saw it (it's been in the news) but you weren't going to bring it up, now were you?
Funny how you always PUT OUT THERE stories that support the point of view that you support. Funny.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
It's a tragic event but imo it falls upon the mother.

If I carry, concealed or otherwise, it never leaves my body unless it's secured in my vehicle. Putting it in a purse and setting it next to my child, while in the company of other children, is inconceivable to me.

wayfair

swollen member
I was wondering what condition the weapon was in while she was carrying it. I always have it with the hammer down and safety on.
her problem was loose carry in purse around a toddler, no brainer(no pun intended)

depends on the weapon.
j-frame in holster
1911 cocked and locked in holster
CC 9mm, ready to go in holster
I sure would like to get the LC9s pro though!!

The safety between my ears is always on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2coo7rc.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
I know one French cop who's family probably wishes he had opted to carry a gun. In France the cops have the option to carry or not. He chose not to and laid there helplessly as those terrorists calmly walked up to him and put a shot in his head.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I know one French cop who's family probably wishes he had opted to carry a gun. In France the cops have the option to carry or not. He chose not to and laid there helplessly as those terrorists calmly walked up to him and put a shot in his head.

That's what the left leaning believers in this country would like our cops to be.....unarmed security guards.

There's a reason people don't respect "mall cops", but they do respect real police officer. It's called a weapon!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
" it was not clear whether the suspects were wounded by the store owners or by crossfire in the exchange. "
The safest place when shooting gangster style is not near your friend .

Coldworld

If I carry,nobody is going to accidentally grab it. Guns are a big responsibility,not a toy.
you ever go on youtube and see some of the idiots firing pistols and rifles omg, these people give the average gun owner a bad name..I believe in the 2nd amendment but some of those people in the videos have no right to even touch a gun let alone own one..or 20

Babagounj

Strength through joy
you ever go on youtube and see some of the idiots firing pistols and rifles omg, these people give the average gun owner a bad name..I believe in the 2nd amendment but some of those people in the videos have no right to even touch a gun let alone own one..or 20
My favorite is the guy with the misfiring shotgun .
He looks down the barrel and it goes boom . Slicing part of his hat off .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Trying to rob a gun store? We have some real Darwin candidates here.

Four shot during robbery attempt at Kansas gun store
http://news.yahoo.com/four-shot-during-robbery-attempt-kansas-gun-store-222355573.html
http://www.guns.com/2015/01/12/stor...d-my-life-because-he-carried-a-firearm-video/
Male shop owner killed .
The suspects have been identified as Hakeem Malik, Nicquan Midgyett, DeAnthony Wiley and Londro Patterson III, and authorities believe they may be responsible for other recent armed robberies in the area as well.
In addition to aggravated robbery, the four suspects are now facing first-degree murder charges .
“Guns are not evil,”
“I would not be able to make this statement if private citizens such as Jon and I were banned from owning them. Please respect my husband’s memory by refusing to turn this tragedy into a political statement in support of banning firearms.”