guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If guns are so bad , then why is every high ranking official always surrounded with guards that have them ?
Seems to me they would be the first ones to prove that having a gun is useless .

Overpaid Union Thug

How do you plan to enforce your ideal with smaller government?

If you are in the USA, I'm pretty sure government provides your law enforcement. I would think that one would need some sort of firearm control, to actually control the firearms, wouldn't you?

Love to hear your plan, though, that is, if you've actually thought it out.
Uh yeah that law enforcement is LOCAL. Meaning....not coming from a bloated federal government. And the only defense against armed criminals that would refuse to obey any type of gun control would be for non criminals to continue to be armed themselves. But that, for some reason, just goes right over most liberal's heads.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If guns are so bad , then why is every high ranking official always surrounded with guards that have them ?
Seems to me they would be the first ones to prove that having a gun is useless .
I'm not sure if you're just trying to make a joke or if you really don't understand the difference.
Their security didn't fill out a form at Walmart and walk out as an armed body guard.... they are trained and licensed to a much higher standard.
I don't agree with the anti-gun people, but on this one you're failing at making them look like hypocrites.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not sure if you're just trying to make a joke or if you really don't understand the difference.
Their security didn't fill out a form at Walmart and walk out as an armed body guard.... they are trained and licensed to a much higher standard.
I don't agree with the anti-gun people, but on this one you're failing at making them look like hypocrites.
So, proper training and licensing only happens to perfectly sane people ? Naïve much??

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Who wants to take your guns? Can you ID them?

They may be lawbreakers, and can prosecuted under our LAW. The LAW works for the righteous.

Amen.
The same people who put limits on the size of magazines and put in the 15 day waiting period and want serial numbers on bullets and gun free zones and want to deny concealed carry permits and........

realbrown1

it would be great if we could eliminate crime by getting all firearms out of the hands of criminals. everyone should have access to safe communities. i think education and SMALLER government could correct that.
I like your premise, but we will ALWAYS have criminals that will ignore the law.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The fact remains, however, that these elitists enjoy the safety of armed security while actively denying it to the unwashed masses. In their world view, guns are a privilege that ought to be reserved solely for the wealthy and politically well-connected.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The fact remains, however, that these elitists enjoy the safety of armed security while actively denying it to the unwashed masses. In their world view, guns are a privilege that ought to be reserved solely for the wealthy and politically well-connected.
They might say they're not denying it, if you can afford it you can buy it. Kind of like what the right says about healthcare.

Overpaid Union Thug

They might say they're not denying it, if you can afford it you can buy it. Kind of like what the right says about healthcare.
8953d1360987496-pro-gun-photos-cartoons-555288_10151313950192740_1330560133_n.jpg

stray

How do you plan to enforce your ideal with smaller government?

If you are in the USA, I'm pretty sure government provides your law enforcement. I would think that one would need some sort of firearm control, to actually control the firearms, wouldn't you?

Love to hear your plan, though, that is, if you've actually thought it out.

the size of government has no bearing on the fact that many want to enact new laws on law-abiding gun owners, rather than enforce existing laws protecting us from gun carrying criminals. my plan would be to overhaul the entire system and simplify it so that the common man knows and understands the law, and therefore doesn't need to hire an attorney at every bump in the road. pipe dream, i know.... as for now, we should stiffen the sentencing of anyone convicted of a violent crime, firearm or not. and stop filling our prisons (and depleting our tax revenue) by housing non-violent, 1st time offenders with career criminals - it's a breeding ground for more crime once they get out.

realbrown1

Taking my boys shooting next weekend and then to the gun show. Just bought some ammo, and am going to try aluminum casing rounds.
Never tried these before.
Has anyone had any experience with these? The clerk said that they my foul my weapon more. How?

Bottom rung

Aluminum case won't do anything to your pistol. Some of the steel cased stuff has a coating that you dont want melting off the round in the chamber. Don't let one sit in the pipe when its hot. Just shoot brass and ship me your cases.

realbrown1

Aluminum case won't do anything to your pistol. Some of the steel cased stuff has a coating that you dont want melting off the round in the chamber. Don't let one sit in the pipe when its hot. Just shoot brass and ship me your cases.
Thanks. Planning on shooting a few hundred rounds and these were way cheaper. And since it is just target practice, I don't need the good stuff. As long as they work and don't mess up my gun.

stray

only aluminum cased ammo i've ever used has been CCI shotshells. they didn't have enough powder to cycle my XD but work great in the wife's revolver - great snake ammo!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Taking my boys shooting next weekend and then to the gun show. Just bought some ammo, and am going to try aluminum casing rounds.
Never tried these before.
Has anyone had any experience with these? The clerk said that they my foul my weapon more. How?

What kind of gun and what kind of bullet? Aluminum casings aren't any dirtier than brass or steel, but if they are non-jacketed soft lead bullets they will eventually foul the barrel with lead. I used to shoot Blazer aluminum-cased .38 special round nose lead bullets in my .357 to save money and reduce recoil, and my gun got a lot dirtier than when I used jacketed rounds.