guns

Bottom rung

I've got some of the rip from g2. Its pretty badass.

Attachments

• 1426035580534.jpg
    1426035580534.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 119

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
rip g2... just a gimmick
Agreed.

90 grains in a 9mm is too light. It wont penetrate enough. Plus it looks like it might have feeding issues in guns with tight tolerances. Before I relied on it for self defense I would want to run at least 200 trouble-free rounds thru my carry gun to ensure proper feeding and ejection. They are probably going to want close to $1.50 per round for it, that's $300 worth of ammo just to make sure it works. No thanks, the 115 gr JHP +P has been around for decades and it is a proven performer that runs 100% in both of my Glocks so I am sticking with it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've enjoyed watching .223/5.56 ammo prices slowly drop on ammoseek.com. I might have to take advantage of the prices sometime in the next couple of weeks just ahead of the ATF announcing that they have decided to go through with the ban. :ban:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"Cooking bacon on a Gemtech TREK 5.56mm suppressor heated by firing 90ish rounds of wolf 223 on a registered pre-86 M16 lower (complete with tax stamp, etc. for the "fine folks" working at the BATFE)."

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've enjoyed watching .223/5.56 ammo prices slowly drop on ammoseek.com. I might have to take advantage of the prices sometime in the next couple of weeks just ahead of the ATF announcing that they have decided to go through with the ban. :ban:

I enjoyed watching all the idiots buying 5.56 ammo by the caseload for top dollar as the ammo maker rapes everyone dumb enough to buy into this crap.

In a matter of 3 weeks, all the surplus supplies of the green tipped 5.56 sold for top dollar.

Those who bought this crap are the biggest suckers of them all.

The AMMO makers are laughing all the way to the bank.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

I enjoyed watching all the idiots buying 5.56 ammo by the caseload for top dollar as the ammo maker rapes everyone dumb enough to buy into this crap.

In a matter of 3 weeks, all the surplus supplies of the green tipped 5.56 sold for top dollar.

Those who bought this crap are the biggest suckers of them all.

The AMMO makers are laughing all the way to the bank.

TOS.
I enjoyed watching the same thing in my area too. But what I enjoyed even more was watching the stores immediately restock that ammo at the normal prices from the the time the panic started right up to the end like it never happened. Now the shooters have a nice supply of ammo and the local price gougers have fell flat on their faces. Only a few online bulk ammo sites were able to take advantage of the panic.

Overall though the prices only went up slightly on 5.56 and barely affected .223. Only a few big box stores briefly experienced empty shelves (minus the expensive rounds) but most people could just drive across town to another Wal-mart (for example) and find a fully stocked shelf.

The defacto ban on all 5.56/.223 by banning the "armour piercing" variety would eventually have worked because of panicking. Thankfully more Americans , including the House and Senate, oppose it than are for it and were able to stop it. For now.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Federal "Lake City" Green Tips aren't really that great as ammo, because they are sold as military spec surplus. Most people just buy them to punch holes in paper targets because they are cheap. I will buy at $.30 a round when its on sale, but thats it. I usually have about one out of a hundred that fail to fire, I hate to think that this is what our troops use on the battlefield. The cheaper Russian ammo seems to shoot better, although its dirtier.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I enjoyed watching the same thing in my area too. But what I enjoyed even more was watching the stores immediately restock that ammo at the normal prices from the the time the panic started right up to the end like it never happened. Now the shooters have a nice supply of ammo and the local price gougers have fell flat on their faces. Only a few online bulk ammo sites were able to take advantage of the panic.

Overall though the prices only went up slightly on 5.56 and barely affected .223. Only a few big box stores briefly experienced empty shelves (minus the expensive rounds) but most people could just drive across town to another Wal-mart (for example) and find a fully stocked shelf.

The defacto ban on all 5.56/.223 by banning the "armour piercing" variety would eventually have worked because of panicking. Thankfully more Americans , including the House and Senate, oppose it than are for it and were able to stop it. For now.

It only goes to show how a sucker is born every minute.

First it was the 22 ammo. Ammo makers overproduced the crap by the hundreds of thousands, then a false panic was sent out to the freaks who bought the crap up by the caseload. Every "survivalist" was saying the same crap, "i could use the .22 ammo for bartering"...

As if that was a legitimate reason to buy thousands of rounds they would never need.

Now it was the 5.56 mm model 109 bullet.

Collectively, they put out a false story about the bullets when in reality, the ammo maker simply overproduced the rounds by a half a million.

Rather than discounting the rounds and selling them at a loss, they instead, with the help of the right wing and the NRA put out the "Obama wants your ammo" and the gun freaks go nuts and buy every single SURPLUS round the manufacturer made.

The ammo company wins and the guns freaks lose. At close to 400 bucks a case, gun freaks would rather buy this crap than pay their rent/mortgage/car payments.

By the caseloads, I have personally seen these freaks recieving their crap ammo for a gun fight that will never come.

Nobody needs this round. Under a law that Ronald Reagan signed, this bullet should be illegal.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ronald-reagan-helped-pass-the-1994-assault-weapons-ban/

Those bullets under the 1994 assault weapons ban would not be allowed today if not for the right wing wacko republicans who are intent on seeing policemen killed by armor piercing rounds.

YAY!!! You get to keep your 5.56 mm model 109 military issue rounds!!!!

Congratulations, you may just insured a policeman somewhere in the USA will be killed with one. You can bet your ash I will remind you all of this when it happens.

Thanks again.

TOS.