guns

wayfair

swollen member
Taurus isn't bad. Their revolvers were originally mostly copies of Smith & Wessons. They did come up with some original designs but they still are very similar to Smiths. Their autos mostly copy Berettas and are comparable quality but cheaper.

I would only buy a Taurus revolver. Ymmv

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
See how easy that was?
I wouldn't call spending 2 years of your life with a felony hanging over your head "easy".

Look, I get that people have different opinions about guns. I just cant imagine any rational person...even one who doesn't like guns.....thinking that a guy who drives an armored car and legally carries a legally owned gun for a living should be charged with a felony for having that gun in the glove box of his personal vehicle. Is that really how the taxpayers of New Jersey want their tax dollars being spent? Is that really an appropriate use of criminal justice and prosecutorial resources?

oldngray

nowhere special
I have personally sent 3 different Taurus revolvers back to the factory for warranty repairs. I have had good luck with their Model 85's but the rest of their guns are crap and I will never buy another one again.

I think the problem with Taurus revolvers is that they mostly copied Smith & Wesson along with their flaws. I only have one Taurus and it is a .380 (PT-58s) which is similar to a smaller Beretta 92. It's not a great pistol but I never had any problems with it.

soberups

I think the problem with Taurus revolvers is that they mostly copied Smith & Wesson along with their flaws. I only have one Taurus and it is a .380 (PT-58s) which is similar to a smaller Beretta 92. It's not a great pistol but I never had any problems with it.
No, their problem is with quality control and sloppy workmanship. Smith & Wesson makes great guns; Taurus makes second-rate copies of those guns. They offer a lifetime warranty on their guns which would be a great selling point except for the fact that the buyer needs to take advantage of that warranty so often. Saving $100 on a gun is no bargain if it spends half its lifetime being shipped to and from Florida for repairs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How weird is this ?
A anti-gun person has a naval warship named after them .

Navy christens new ship for Gabrielle Giffords, former congresswoman and gun control advocate wounded in 2011 shooting
2998551400000578-3122562-image-a-60_1434219243200.jpg

soberups

It is a joke, from a satirical website.
My bad....
They did in fact name the ship after her. I also saw a joke on a satirical website where the Navy had decided to make the ship a "gun free zone" by completely removing all of its armament as well as serving vegan food in the galley, issuing unisex uniforms and having dedicated "safe zones" and "meditation areas" within the ship.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was also curious about the Henry ones. Maybe a Marlin. They seem to be rare these days and I've been prowling the pawn shops to no avail.

I have a Marlin 1894 in .357 and its pretty good. You can tell it is only designed for pistol cartridges because I also have a Marlin 336 in 30-30 for comparison which is much more solidly made. I always liked Marlins more than Winchesters (for lever actions) but that is mostly just personal preference.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I figures they would build it that way to prevent excessive weight, but it would be nice to be able to load up to higher pressure cartridges. Something like a 357 +P.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have a Marlin 1894 in .357 and its pretty good. You can tell it is only designed for pistol cartridges because I also have a Marlin 336 in 30-30 for comparison which is much more solidly made. I always liked Marlins more than Winchesters (for lever actions) but that is mostly just personal preference.
Wanna sell it to me?

trickpony1

My bad....
They did in fact name the ship after her. I also saw a joke on a satirical website where the Navy had decided to make the ship a "gun free zone" by completely removing all of its armament as well as serving vegan food in the galley, issuing unisex uniforms and having dedicated "safe zones" and "meditation areas" within the ship.

It doesn't appear to have much armament.
Maybe they keep the rifles that shoot ping pong balls locked up below deck.
TOS would be proud.