guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Whether President Barack Obama’s executive actions on guns are legally permissible depends on how close it adheres to statute.

The law U.S. Code 18, Section 921 defines who can be regulated as a gun dealer, “a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to manufacturing firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the sale or distribution of the firearms manufactured.”

The law continues, “such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.”

Obama could ask the ATF to clarify the statute, said John G. Malcolm, a former deputy assistant U.S. attorney general.

“If he wants to expand the definition of businesses of the firearms dealer, it depends on how he would do that,” Malcolm, now with the Heritage Foundation, told TheBlaze. “It would have to be licensing subject to the regulatory framework under statute. If the action effectively changes what it means to be a firearms dealer, he can’t rewrite the federal statute.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...e-actions-on-guns-could-hinge-on-these-words/

moreluck

golden ticket member
"My concealed carry permit arrived in the mail this morning.This afternoon I went over to the local Bass Pro Shop to buy a 9mm handgun for home/personal protection. When I was ready to pay for the pistol and ammo, the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.” Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun-control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader!!! As an intelligent senior citizen, I do not get flustered often. But this time, it took me a while to get my pants back on.
I’ve been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions to seniors a little more clear."

Sportello

"My concealed carry permit arrived in the mail this morning.This afternoon I went over to the local Bass Pro Shop to buy a 9mm handgun for home/personal protection. When I was ready to pay for the pistol and ammo, the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.” Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun-control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader!!! As an intelligent senior citizen, I do not get flustered often. But this time, it took me a while to get my pants back on.
I’ve been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions to seniors a little more clear."
Please credit the source, plagiarist.

moreluck

golden ticket member
RwgtucB.jpg

wayfair

swollen member
http://bearingarms.com/obama-shatters-gun-sales-record/

"

A record number of firearms background checks were conducted by the FBI in 2015 — equating to roughly 44 every minute.

The agency reported Monday that it conducted a total of 23,141,970 checks last year, eclipsing the prior yearly record of roughly 21.1 million checks set in 2013.

The background checks are conducted through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System for gun purchases from federal firearms licensees and for permits to carry guns, and while the checks serve as an indicator of gun sale trends in the U.S., each check does not always equate to a sale."

9.5 everyday

So the 3 students they choose, they say they range from no experience to 100 hours or more experience. They fail to mention until later that the 100+ hours is air soft. Yeah, so you had 3 INEXPERIENCED with weapons do your experiment to try and prove a point. However using no one with experience firing an actual gun means your experiment is flawed and is inconclusive.
One said he had hundred of hours of range experience with all types of conventional firearms. Revolvers, rifles and other types of hand guns. But he too failed miserably.

wayfair

swollen member
One said he had hundred of hours of range experience with all types of conventional firearms. Revolvers, rifles and other types of hand guns. But he too failed miserably.

range experience(shooting) and active shooter response experience are quite different animals.

If you wanted to train for the later, simunition training would be a better way to prepare.

9.5 everyday

range experience(shooting) and active shooter response experience are quite different animals.

If you wanted to train for the later, simunition training would be a better way to prepare.
I don't disagree, my original quote was correcting the post that said none of the test subjects had shot an actual gun, just air soft.