guns

wkmac

Deport them.

They are breaking our laws just being here.

What exactly am I not seeing?

If the illegal alien has the right to a gun, what might this say to your right to same gun? And the legal implications/questions go far deeper but lets just start here for the time being.

Don't let your tribalism and xenophobia take your eyes off the bigger picture that actually extends, even protects your rights. Your narrow view may well be the very thing that handcuffs you from enjoying said rights.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If the illegal alien has the right to a gun, what might this say to your right to same gun? And the legal implications/questions go far deeper but lets just start here for the time being.

Don't let your tribalism and xenophobia take your eyes off the bigger picture that actually extends, even protects your rights. Your narrow view may well be the very thing that handcuffs you from enjoying said rights.
I don't see it that way.

An illegal alien has no right to be here.

So they should have almost no rights while they are here.

BrownArmy

in this case it may be better to stay out of the woods. Illegal Aliens should not have protection under the second amendment.

This entire nation was made up of 'illegal' aliens.

I'm not talking vikings or native Americans, I'm talking Irish, Chinese, Germans, etc.

The very people that built this country.

So, what, have we reached some point where we no longer accept the wretched or the poor?

The New Colossus:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

America was built on immigrants, literally from day one, and there were always BLEEP arguing about it.

Are you like one of the idiots from 100 years ago trying to keep the Irish and the Germans and the Jews out?

trickpony1

And as a follow up, what other "rights" do you think they shouldn't have?

....I know one!
How about they don't come here to have or make their babies thereby insuring citizenship and then milk the welfare system that you, me and everyone else pays into.

What a novel idea!

(Funny)

I put a "funny" here so you wouldn't have to.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
....I know one!
How about they don't come here to have or make their babies thereby insuring citizenship and then milk the welfare system that you, me and everyone else pays into.

What a novel idea!

(Funny)

I put a "funny" here so you wouldn't have to.
Ok so the 14th amendment, birthright citizenship.

Any other parts of the constitution you think our country's founders got wrong? Careful now though that slope might be slippery.