guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/23/dana-loesch-heres-real-story-happened-cnns-garbage-town-hall/

Dana Loesch: Here’s The Real Story Of What Happened At CNN’s Garbage Town Hall

Loesch, representing the National Rifle Association as their national spokesperson, said she wasn’t informed until hours before of the event’s format or that students would be asking questions.

“I had nothing in advance. I didn’t know how the setup was going to be. I didn’t know it was going to be in a giant arena where it was 360 all the way around. I had no clue,” she said.

They had music that was playing. They had montages that they were flashing across the screen. They had a number of speakers from the school and from the community. They had the sheriff go up and speak. He mentioned special interest groups, referring to the membership of the NRA.

Then they brought the politicians out…and that was the first hour. After all of this was already happening, after emotions were already running high, and after CNN put everyone together and cranked up, really trying to wind people up even more.

I don’t know if he lost control or if that was CNN’s intention, because [CNN President] Jeff Zucker was there. When we were backstage getting ready to go out, Jeff Zucker came in. He doesn’t just show up for nothing. This is not a day at the ballpark. It was weird.

There was no control. It just went on forever and ever. At some point, you’re just desensitized, because where is the moderation? This is where a moderator drives this. You’re a moderator, you have to make sure people are being heard and it’s not just people standing up and giving speeches and screaming at somebody.

I had no questions in advance. It was even weird the way they had us walk out because it was like entering like you were a boxer or like WWE. You were walking up to the stage and they had music playing. You had to walk in aisles with all these people screaming and you had to walk toward the stage. That’s how you entered.

It will be fine

Dana Loesch: Here's The Real Story Of What Happened At CNN's Garbage Town Hall

Dana Loesch: Here’s The Real Story Of What Happened At CNN’s Garbage Town hall

Loesch, representing the National Rifle Association as their national spokesperson, said she wasn’t informed until hours before of the event’s format or that students would be asking questions.

“I had nothing in advance. I didn’t know how the setup was going to be. I didn’t know it was going to be in a giant arena where it was 360 all the way around. I had no clue,” she said.

They had music that was playing. They had montages that they were flashing across the screen. They had a number of speakers from the school and from the community. They had the sheriff go up and speak. He mentioned special interest groups, referring to the membership of the NRA.

Then they brought the politicians out…and that was the first hour. After all of this was already happening, after emotions were already running high, and after CNN put everyone together and cranked up, really trying to wind people up even more.

I don’t know if he lost control or if that was CNN’s intention, because [CNN President] Jeff Zucker was there. When we were backstage getting ready to go out, Jeff Zucker came in. He doesn’t just show up for nothing. This is not a day at the ballpark. It was weird.

There was no control. It just went on forever and ever. At some point, you’re just desensitized, because where is the moderation? This is where a moderator drives this. You’re a moderator, you have to make sure people are being heard and it’s not just people standing up and giving speeches and screaming at somebody.

I had no questions in advance. It was even weird the way they had us walk out because it was like entering like you were a boxer or like WWE. You were walking up to the stage and they had music playing. You had to walk in aisles with all these people screaming and you had to walk toward the stage. That’s how you entered.
Are we supposed to feel sorry for the gun manufacturer's paid shill? Cry me a river.

newfie

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the gun manufacturer's paid shill? Cry me a river.

you could possibly be upset that an opportunity at some good dialogue turned into a three ring circus.

but your response is typical of the same liberal mentality you represent in fact your response is as if you are a paid DNC shill.

I think both sides can agree that back ground checks done properly would have prevented this shooting.
I think both sides could agree that the FBI acting on tips could have prevented this shooting
I think both sides could have agreed that the sheriff going to this shooters house 39 times could have and should have set the steps in motion to prevent this shooting.
I think both sides could agree the paid police officer on the scene could have eliminated many of the deaths if he had gone in as trained.

Instead the entire focus of this CNN townhall was squarely on eliminating gun ownership. eliminating gun ownership is not a guarantee that this type of killing will be eliminated.

the Chinese just had a mass killing that involved knives. many more people died in that event that what we have here.
One female suspect in custody after 33 are killed in Kunming station massacre

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Under the National Firearms Act of 1934 full auto firearms are required to be registered with the ATF. In order to register, you must have a tax stamp. To obtain the tax stamp, you must pay the ATF $200. The ATF will ask for some additional paperwork including fingerprints and a photograph - basically everything they need to do a background check. In conclusion: you can own a full auto if you pay the ATF $200. They will send you a "tax stamp" to let you know it is legal for you to possess the firearm in question.

The main issue with full autos is that the registry was closed in 1986; meaning no fully automatic firearms made after 1986 can be registered. So to obtain a full auto today, you have to find a full auto made before 1986 and convince the current owner to sell it to you. The limited supply means you will pay a pretty penny for a full auto firearm today.
My next door neighbor (1/2 mile away) has 3 auto firearms and a cannon.
PO’s my wife whenever he fires it.
I helped shoot up a washing machine with a 50 caliber machine gun.

I try to be a really nice neighbor.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Student Faces Expulsion After Saying a Math Symbol Looks Like a Gun
SquareRootSign.sized-770x415xc.png

It will be fine

you could possibly be upset that an opportunity at some good dialogue turned into a three ring circus.

but your response is typical of the same liberal mentality you represent in fact your response is as if you are a paid DNC shill.

I think both sides can agree that back ground checks done properly would have prevented this shooting.
I think both sides could agree that the FBI acting on tips could have prevented this shooting
I think both sides could have agreed that the sheriff going to this shooters house 39 times could have and should have set the steps in motion to prevent this shooting.
I think both sides could agree the paid police officer on the scene could have eliminated many of the deaths if he had gone in as trained.

Instead the entire focus of this CNN townhall was squarely on eliminating gun ownership. eliminating gun ownership is not a guarantee that this type of killing will be eliminated.

the Chinese just had a mass killing that involved knives. many more people died in that event that what we have here.
One female suspect in custody after 33 are killed in Kunming station massacre
A background check was done properly. The shooter had no criminal record. He was a law abiding citizen before he so dramatically wasn't. He was troubled, he committed minor offenses that in hindsight should have been charged so he'd have a criminal record. That's all hindsight though, law enforcement should use their discretion on when to arrest and when to turn youth back over to their guardians.

The problem is the gun. The problem is the easy access to guns.

The NRA and Dana Loesch are funded by gun manufacturers. They are a lobbying organization in the business of selling guns. That's why all their solutions are more guns. Follow the money.

Fund increased school security with massive taxes on firearms and ammo. Everyone wins.

El Correcto

god is dead
A background check was done properly. The shooter had no criminal record. He was a law abiding citizen before he so dramatically wasn't. He was troubled, he committed minor offenses that in hindsight should have been charged so he'd have a criminal record. That's all hindsight though, law enforcement should use their discretion on when to arrest and when to turn youth back over to their guardians.

The problem is the gun. The problem is the easy access to guns.

The NRA and Dana Loesch are funded by gun manufacturers. They are a lobbying organization in the business of selling guns. That's why all their solutions are more guns. Follow the money.

Fund increased school security with massive taxes on firearms and ammo. Everyone wins.
The fbi failed they were notified at least twice on this guy. The police failed been to his house 20+ times. The school failed, kid brings bullets and :censored2: to school and isn’t arrested and charged?
The problem is the gun? The NRA is also funded by members like me, who believe gun free zones are just killing fields, which if you look at most mass shooting where do they happen. You think the Colorado theater was chosen at random?
But your reaction to guns and a founding principle of the country will always be.
giphy.gif

It will be fine

The fbi failed they were notified at least twice on this guy. The police failed been to his house 20+ times. The school failed, kid brings bullets and :censored2: to school and isn’t arrested and charged?
The problem is the gun? The NRA is also funded by members like me, who believe gun free zones are just killing fields, which if you look at most mass shooting where do they happen. You think the Colorado theater was chosen at random?
But your reaction to guns and a founding principle of the country will always be.
giphy.gif
CPAC was a gun free zone. You can second guess law enforcement all you like, you're evaluating after the fact, that makes it pretty easy. How many angry angst ridden teenage boys are there? Should they all be arrested?

Last edited: