guns

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm not sure that's correct.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you and your view-point, it's not clear to me that those people are immediately suspect.

There's a narrative being passed around that 'liberals' are capitalizing on tragedies to push some sort of 'LIBERAL' agenda that's going to strip every US Citizen of their Constitutional rights.

Nonsense.
source.gif

newfie

The United States Army disagrees with you and your 2 guys who don't have a clue what they are talking about. When I was drafted in 1968 it was literally pounded into your head that you MUST keep your M-16 clean or it would likely malfunction. The first M-16 I was issued in Vietnam failed the first time I used it. Thank God it was just a test and not the real thing. Believe me that isn't a warm and fuzzy feeling having a non-functioning weapon. I hated those early M-16's so much I switched to an M-79 grenade launcher.

there you go using real experience to counter internet wisdom again. :) Thank you for your service.

newfie

Well, if he's a citizen in good standing, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to have his guns.

I just think it's whack that in Florida, you need forty hours of drivers ed to get your license, but you can buy an AR-15 immediately.

Can any gun-positive poster explain that to me?

cars kill 40000 people a year, guns a lot less?

BrownArmy

cars kill 40000 people a year, guns a lot less?

I know right?

It only makes sense that a machine that has the potential to kill should be regulated.

Cars kill 40K?

Good news, we regulate the friend out of cars.

Yet...

Explain to me how cars are more regulated than guns.

El Correcto

god is dead
I know right?

It only makes sense that a machine that has the potential to kill should be regulated.

Cars kill 40K?

Good news, we regulate the friend out of cars.

Yet...

Explain to me how cars are more regulated than guns.
It’s painful reading all the denial in this article and him explaining away his own argument. Didn’t even make it past 6 paragraphs without him lying about regulation hasn’t negatively effected the automobile industry.
Guns and Their Users Should Be Regulated Like Cars and Drivers Are - NYTimes.com
It’s so hard to read the New York slimes, gah why do people do this to themselves.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Depends on what state you live in.
Under the National Firearms Act of 1934 full auto firearms are required to be registered with the ATF. In order to register, you must have a tax stamp. To obtain the tax stamp, you must pay the ATF $200. The ATF will ask for some additional paperwork including fingerprints and a photograph - basically everything they need to do a background check. In conclusion: you can own a full auto if you pay the ATF $200. They will send you a "tax stamp" to let you know it is legal for you to possess the firearm in question.

The main issue with full autos is that the registry was closed in 1986; meaning no fully automatic firearms made after 1986 can be registered. So to obtain a full auto today, you have to find a full auto made before 1986 and convince the current owner to sell it to you. The limited supply means you will pay a pretty penny for a full auto firearm today.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Under the National Firearms Act of 1934 full auto firearms are required to be registered with the ATF. In order to register, you must have a tax stamp. To obtain the tax stamp, you must pay the ATF $200. The ATF will ask for some additional paperwork including fingerprints and a photograph - basically everything they need to do a background check. In conclusion: you can own a full auto if you pay the ATF $200. They will send you a "tax stamp" to let you know it is legal for you to possess the firearm in question.

The main issue with full autos is that the registry was closed in 1986; meaning no fully automatic firearms made after 1986 can be registered. So to obtain a full auto today, you have to find a full auto made before 1986 and convince the current owner to sell it to you. The limited supply means you will pay a pretty penny for a full auto firearm today.

There are 175,977 transferable full auto weapons in the NFA registry.

Hence, the reason for the high price. Prior to 1986, you could pay the $200

tax stamp and purchase a full auto AR-15 (yes, the original designation) for

around $800. Nowadays, $25,000 to $35,000. If for some reason, the

registered receiver gets damaged beyond repair.... that one is gone. Forever.

Tanks are legal to own .

Yep. They are classified as "other destructive devices".

Besides the cost of purchasing an operable one, finding ammo is the problem.

@Dr.Brown wins the internet for a day.... for his find on armslist. :biggrin:

Is that what the liberals mean, when they say you can buy guns off the web ?

Last edited: