guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
California Cities Are Free to Regulate Gun Stores Out of Existence

More Second Amendment setbacks in the Golden State when the Supreme Court declines to take a case about city zoning

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sent a clear message to millions of gun owners in California: You're living in a Second Amendment-free zone.

In an order on Monday, without explanation or comment, the Court rejected a civil rights lawsuit brought by the Calguns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation. Those groups had hoped the justices would rule that the Second Amendment continues to apply even in the progressive enclaves of the left coast—and that law-abiding California residents possess the right to buy and sell firearms.

Instead, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, a decision that underscores its willingness to let California legislators and judges evade the Second Amendment within the borders of the state.

At least Monday's decision serves one useful purpose: It exposes the federal judiciary's willingness to elevate some constitutional rights over others.

Kilmer, the San Jose attorney representing the gun rights groups against Alameda, says: “The problem with the 9th Circuit’s activism, and the refusal of the Supreme Court to cabin in their abuses, is that the California legislature and local municipalities will feel free to do whatever they want.”

Exactly so: the Second Amendment has been effectively repealed inside California. I suspect that California’s millions of gun owners, who are subject to intrusive new registration requirements starting in July, are beginning to wonder: If federal judges routinely ignore the law, why can’t I?

oldngray

nowhere special

More Second Amendment setbacks in the Golden State when the Supreme Court declines to take a case about city zoning

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sent a clear message to millions of gun owners in California: You're living in a Second Amendment-free zone.

In an order on Monday, without explanation or comment, the Court rejected a civil rights lawsuit brought by the Calguns Foundation and the Second Amendment Foundation. Those groups had hoped the justices would rule that the Second Amendment continues to apply even in the progressive enclaves of the left coast—and that law-abiding California residents possess the right to buy and sell firearms.

Instead, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case, a decision that underscores its willingness to let California legislators and judges evade the Second Amendment within the borders of the state.

At least Monday's decision serves one useful purpose: It exposes the federal judiciary's willingness to elevate some constitutional rights over others.

Kilmer, the San Jose attorney representing the gun rights groups against Alameda, says: “The problem with the 9th Circuit’s activism, and the refusal of the Supreme Court to cabin in their abuses, is that the California legislature and local municipalities will feel free to do whatever they want.”

Exactly so: the Second Amendment has been effectively repealed inside California. I suspect that California’s millions of gun owners, who are subject to intrusive new registration requirements starting in July, are beginning to wonder: If federal judges routinely ignore the law, why can’t I?

That was a zoning case and not about 2nd Amendment.

wayfair

swollen member
Transgenders have a right to bear arms, glad we agree.

whatever floats your boat!!
kent state.jpg

floridays

Politicians will say ‘thoughts and prayers’ and nothing will happen.
This isn't the first time around this corner, will you exactly, in clear words, say what you want the politicians to do. I think there can be no "conversation," as your side always calls for until we know exactly what your side wants. Bottom line, no first bite and then further creep or erosion. Exactly what do you want?

BrownArmy

This isn't the first time around this corner, will you exactly, in clear words, say what you want the politicians to do. I think there can be no "conversation," as your side always calls for until we know exactly what your side wants. Bottom line, no first bite and then further creep or erosion. Exactly what do you want?

No idea, but I can tell you what’s going to happen:

Nothing.

Where’s the leadership?

‘Thoughts and prayers ‘?