guns

It will be fine

Yeah I think so. Just like the Jewish Holocaust, your people try to deny the Native American Holocaust.
My grandparents were born in Europe and immigrated to America well after slavery ended and certainly long after some pilgrims killed the native tribes. It’s pretty absurd to fault all white people for the sins of anyone of European decent.

MAKAVELI

My grandparents were born in Europe and immigrated to America well after slavery ended and certainly long after some pilgrims killed the native tribes. It’s pretty absurd to fault all white people for the sins of anyone of European decent.
I m not faulting all white people, just the ones who try to deny and change history.

vantexan

Sorry but with
1) a Native American population of 50 - 100 million before Columbus 'discovered' America
and
2) the propensity of Native Americans to attack and kill one another,

= the Native Americans killed many millions of Native Americans before Columbus ever landed.
To be specific, what is now the U.S. had an estimated population of 6-8 million indigenous. The 50-100 million estimate is for all the Americas.

vantexan

Well, I'm definitely having a better time than all of you.

Headed out to a festival where Atlanta Rhythm Section is playing.

Y'all go ahead and attack one another on things that has no relevance to yourselves. :geeky:

I picked up the paper this morning
And read all the daily blues
The world is one big tragedy
I wonder what I can do
About all the pain and injustice
About all of the sorrow
We're living in a danger zone
The world could end tomorrow
But I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight
Geez, how old are they now?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The blacks enslaved the blacks before the whites ever thought about it.

The stronger, more powerful tribes overran the weaker tribes and took prisoners.

It was these prisoners that were sold/traded to the white man who arrived in ships.

Blame your homies for slavery...not the whitey.
LMFAO
your mental gymnastics are hilarious
why are you so butt hurt that 200 years ago people that look like you were total pieces of :censored2:? i mean seriously, you weren't even alive, yet you feel the need to deny that white people were responsible for the slave trade.
WTF lulz

vantexan

I'll blame the whitey for enslaving Africans here in Murica. You can try and deflect that fact all you want. Doesn't change history one bit.
Could the story at least be told accurately? Don't know if you ever saw the miniseries Roots but it showed, and I guess the book said it too, a gang of white men roaming the African countryside capturing blacks. That's laughable. But why didn't the writer and the liberal powers that be not want the real truth out? Knowing that blacks fully participated in and were the enablers of the slave trade would lessen white guilt. That's still being held over our heads today even though most of us are 100% behind equal rights and a fair playing field for blacks and all minorities. It's just a matter of moving forward but too many see a political advantage in continuing racial animosity.

MAKAVELI

Could the story at least be told accurately? Don't know if you ever saw the miniseries Roots but it showed, and I guess the book said it too, a gang of white men roaming the African countryside capturing blacks. That's laughable. But why didn't the writer and the liberal powers that be not want the real truth out? Knowing that blacks fully participated in and were the enablers of the slave trade would lessen white guilt. That's still being held over our heads today even though most of us are 100% behind equal rights and a fair playing field for blacks and all minorities. It's just a matter of moving forward but too many see a political advantage in continuing racial animosity.
Did We Sell Each Other Into Slavery: Misconceptions About the African Involvement in the Slave Trade | HuffPost
There are many misconceptions about African history and nowhere is this more true than the topic of the slave trade. Very often I see comments by people who argue that Africans sold each other into slavery. There is some element of truth to this, but to speak of the slave trade solely as Africans selling each other t is a gross oversimplification of what was a complex historical event. This also seems to be an attempt to shift the burden of the slave trade on the victims of that very trade. In How Europe Underdeveloped Africa, Walter Rodney mentions how the white author of a book on the slave trade admitted that he was encouraged by other scholars to blame the slave trade solely on the Africans. This narrative helps to lessen European guilt by making Africans seem just as or even more guilty of being involved in the slave trade. This piece is not an attempt to ignore the African role in the slave trade or to absolve those that were involved, but to to provide a more complete picture of the African involvement in slave trade.

In the first place, the Portuguese initiated what eventually became the Trans-Atlantic slave trade mainly through slave raids along the coasts of Africa. The first of these raids came in 1444 and was led by Lançarote de Freitas. The problem with raiding for slaves was that it was extremely dangerous. For instance, the slave trader Nuno Tristão was killed during an ambush. Slave raiding proved to be an extremely dangerous way to obtain slaves, but buying slaves was much safer and took less effort on the part of the Europeans. Therefore, the first phase of the slave trade began not with a trade, but with a series of raids. This point is especially important because although the slave trade was on some levels based on a partnership between European buyers and African traders, the slave trade did not begin as such.

vantexan

Did We Sell Each Other Into Slavery: Misconceptions About the African Involvement in the Slave Trade | HuffPost
There are many misconceptions about African history and nowhere is this more true than the topic of the slave trade. Very often I see comments by people who argue that Africans sold each other into slavery. There is some element of truth to this, but to speak of the slave trade solely as Africans selling each other t is a gross oversimplification of what was a complex historical event. This also seems to be an attempt to shift the burden of the slave trade on the victims of that very trade. In How Europe Underdeveloped Africa, Walter Rodney mentions how the white author of a book on the slave trade admitted that he was encouraged by other scholars to blame the slave trade solely on the Africans. This narrative helps to lessen European guilt by making Africans seem just as or even more guilty of being involved in the slave trade. This piece is not an attempt to ignore the African role in the slave trade or to absolve those that were involved, but to to provide a more complete picture of the African involvement in slave trade.

In the first place, the Portuguese initiated what eventually became the Trans-Atlantic slave trade mainly through slave raids along the coasts of Africa. The first of these raids came in 1444 and was led by Lançarote de Freitas. The problem with raiding for slaves was that it was extremely dangerous. For instance, the slave trader Nuno Tristão was killed during an ambush. Slave raiding proved to be an extremely dangerous way to obtain slaves, but buying slaves was much safer and took less effort on the part of the Europeans. Therefore, the first phase of the slave trade began not with a trade, but with a series of raids. This point is especially important because although the slave trade was on some levels based on a partnership between European buyers and African traders, the slave trade did not begin as such.
Sure, no problem accepting that. But Roots clearly showed a gang of white American men in the 1700's, possibly early 1800's roaming the African countryside. The vast majority of slaves were sold into slavery by other Africans. And your article doesn't illustrate the significant role Arabs played in the slave trade either. Nor does it talk about the millions and millions of indigenous slaves forced into hard labor to work mines by the Spanish. One mine alone, Potosi in Bolivia, the biggest silver mine ever, killed over 6 million men working it. There are still some small villages of Afro-Bolivians, descendants of Africans shipped in because so many Native Americans died there.

MAKAVELI

Sure, no problem accepting that. But Roots clearly showed a gang of white American men in the 1700's, possibly early 1800's roaming the African countryside. The vast majority of slaves were sold into slavery by other Africans. And your article doesn't illustrate the significant role Arabs played in the slave trade either. Nor does it talk about the millions and millions of indigenous slaves forced into hard labor to work mines by the Spanish. One mine alone, Potosi in Bolivia, the biggest silver mine ever, killed over 6 million men working it. There are still some small villages of Afro-Bolivians, descendants of Africans shipped in because so many Native Americans died there.
Spanish are European. Hope this helps.

vantexan

You know that is a pretty piss poor argument for the sins of American history.
Yes, but you're holding what they did over the heads of people who had nothing to do with it. Slavery was practiced in every corner of the world in much more brutal times. We've come out of that and it's time we move on. It's time that the problems our communities have now be addressed. We can't change the past, we can only move forward. Or stagnate and rot.