guns

MAKAVELI

No, but you're holding what they did over the heads of people who had nothing to do with it. Slavery was practiced in every corner of the world in much more brutal times. We've come out of that and it's time we move on. It's time that the problems our communities have now be addressed. We can't change the past, we can only move forward. Or stagnate and rot.
You know I wasn't the one who brought up slavery in this thread. But I will respond to ignorance when warranted. When it comes to this country's brutal past ( and present ) there sure is a lot of ignorance.

vantexan

You know I wasn't the one who brought up slavery in this thread. But I will respond to ignorance when warranted. When it comes to this country's brutal past ( and present ) there sure is a lot of ignorance.
Did I say anything inaccurate? Why does the Left advance the idea that Whites went over to Africa to grab slaves instead of reporting the truth? Some Whites did early on, but found it much safer and easier to pay Blacks to round up people. Black kings could get rid of enemies and make money at the same time. If you look at Rwanda you can see there's plenty of animosity between African ethnic groups. There's a long history of Whites exploiting Blacks in Africa. It's a sad, terrible history. But Blacks are just as human as anyone and when money starts flowing they're just as susceptible to temptation. You only have to look at drug dealers to know that some put having money above the terrible damage they cause. But saying the truth doesn't keep a certain party in power. And if that party isn't in power there's a risk the money won't keep flowing generously from the government. And we all have to continue to deal with the racial divide because of it. I still believe that the only real way out of it is that Black men keep marrying White women, and vice versa, and other groups too, until we're all so mixed up that slavery is only something we read about in school.

MAKAVELI

Did I say anything inaccurate? Why does the Left advance the idea that Whites went over to Africa to grab slaves instead of reporting the truth? Some Whites did early on, but found it much safer and easier to pay Blacks to round up people. Black kings could get rid of enemies and make money at the same time. If you look at Rwanda you can see there's plenty of animosity between African ethnic groups. There's a long history of Whites exploiting Blacks in Africa. It's a sad, terrible history. But Blacks are just as human as anyone and when money starts flowing they're just as susceptible to temptation. You only have to look at drug dealers to know that some put having money above the terrible damage they cause. But saying the truth doesn't keep a certain party in power. And if that party isn't in power there's a risk the money won't keep flowing generously from the government. And we all have to continue to deal with the racial divide because of it. I still believe that the only real way out of it is that Black men keep marrying White women, and vice versa, and other groups too, until we're all so mixed up that slavery is only something we read about in school.
Just like the article I posted, people like you are trying to shift the blame on the victims. That really is a common thread among many Muricans..

vantexan

Just like the article I posted, people like you are trying to shift the blame on the victims. That really is a common thread among many Muricans..
Not shifting blame. But you can't say an honest effort hasn't been made to correct past wrongs. And plenty of Blacks are saying they have more to fear within their own community than from Whites. It seems some want to shift blame for everything current onto Whites than face very serious problems of their own making.

vantexan

Not this time. But you did instigate it by denying the Native American Holocaust.
Define Holocaust. Did Whites round up Native Americans and systematically slaughter them? I'm not talking of certain massacres that happened. Massacres of Whites happened too. I'm talking about concentration camps, forced labor, gassing. Didn't happen. Whites did terrible things. Indians did terrible things. A lot of whites intermarried with natives. A half Native American served as Vice President. It's not as cut and dried as some would make it in order to beat whites over the head with it.

MAKAVELI

Define Holocaust. Did Whites round up Native Americans and systematically slaughter them? I'm not talking of certain massacres that happened. Massacres of Whites happened too. I'm talking about concentration camps, forced labor, gassing. Didn't happen. Whites did terrible things. Indians did terrible things. A lot of whites intermarried with natives. A half Native American served as Vice President. It's not as cut and dried as some would make it in order to beat whites over the head with it.
It is truly sad that someone of your ancestry doesn't know/acknowledge their history. Smh.......

vantexan

I can say everything made to correct past wrongs was and is fought for. Nothing was given.
True, but what if White America continued to attack protesters? Kept you segregated? Takes two to tango. Your grievances were heard and moves were made to correct wrongs. And it's an ongoing process. Let's keep mixing. In the long run it'll be better.

vantexan

It is truly sad that someone of your ancestry doesn't know/acknowledge their history. Smh.......
I've spent plenty of time learning my history. Nothing is solved by playing the blame game. Nothing is solved by pointing fingers at the other side(which is my side too)while sweeping the negatives of my side under the rug. It is what it is and we can't change it. We must move forward.