Ms.PacMan

Had a customer come up to my truck while I was delivery a RDL bulkstop.
Told me I had a next day air for him on the truck and he needed it because it was his passport.
He mentioned he could see where I was so he came to grab it from me.
LOL, yes creepy, but turned out to be one less stop I had to go to.

This has danger written all over it and would probably make me feel panicky if I was in a secluded area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
BS, then why were we given our available hours Fri morning. Half had to be punched out by 7. Stop spreading misinformation.
Most local management is oblivious to this stuff. I know so much more info long before our local management does it's not even funny.

My local management still has no clue that Saturday ground is being experimented with in parts of the country and will be coming nationwide soon.

The paper work was filed. Maybe the company decided things ran smooth enough that they didn't need to enact it in 710.

All I'm saying is there isn't anything any local can do about. You're foolish if you think 710 can stop ups from using 70/8 if they want.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS preaches safety but how exactly is working 70 hours safe? We're not machines.
Well correct me if I'm wrong...But 705 has 22.3 guys shifting in the yard...who do not need or have CDL's, are not drug tested and whose hours are not limited by the DOT because they don't drive on the street. These guys can and do work more than 70 hours during peak....and ups doesn't blink an eye about it until one of these guys has an accident.

babboo25

Banned
Well correct me if I'm wrong...But 705 has 22.3 guys shifting in the yard...who do not need or have CDL's, are not drug tested and whose hours are not limited by the DOT because they don't drive on the street. These guys can and do work more than 70 hours during peak....and ups doesn't blink an eye about it until one of these guys has an accident.
No you are correct. Our spotter doesn't have a cdl, why would they? Our clerks worked 78+ hours in 1 week. But its Xmas eve, done with UPS til Tues, Merry Christmas

Most local management is oblivious to this stuff. I know so much more info long before our local management does it's not even funny.

My local management still has no clue that Saturday ground is being experimented with in parts of the country and will be coming nationwide soon.

The paper work was filed. Maybe the company decided things ran smooth enough that they didn't need to enact it in 710.

All I'm saying is there isn't anything any local can do about. You're foolish if you think 710 can stop ups from using 70/8 if they want.
More days to file 9.5 grievances!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You think I worked today?? Hahaha! I was off by 6pm Friday because I hit 60 and they aren't invoking the 70 hour rule here because we aren't behind. When you got 25 years in, you can say no. And your "3 Center managers" will enforce it if Atlanta tells them to.

But please keep posting because you're showing how you know very little about this career.

Have fun on your knees begging your 3 managers for work when volume drops.

Wipe your chin well big guy.

And his contract and supplement. Jake has no idea what he is talking about and has been proven absolutely wrong in every one of his claims.

I hope he's the first one laid off in his center and back to the sort in January where he can claim to get in all the "sups " faces yelling like a wanna be tough guy.

He's probably a joke of a driver too given how he handles himself on here is any indication

You live an hour and half away from your center????

So you don't live in Orlando. Well of course that's smart. Let's try to make a career at ups and have that long a commute.

You really do things the hard way don't you Mr quit and try again.

Relax, @Orion inc.

It is Christmas weekend. Let it go 'til next week.