Herman Cain

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you really think Cain wants to talk about the issues? He's never been more popular than when playing the victim of the attacks. And what happens when the "Koch brother from another mother" starts talking issues? "Uzbekibekibekistanstanstan" just sounds like he can't be bothered with those little countries or has no idea of the nuclear and technological capabilities of that third world nation called China. Think he wants the lid blown off his 999 plan? Not if Sleeve's chart is accurate.

And the Obama Administration? I would say that if the Cain Train is still on track three months from today, they won't be able to contain their glee. Seeing the hard-hitting ad they already have against Romney and the obvious material they have on Cain, running against an obstructionist party that puts forth a not-ready-for-prime-time candidate smooths out their return to the White House.
Romney/Cain 2012 !

bbsam

Staff member
I'd also be happy with Romney/Gingrich or Gingrich/Cain 2012. We have several option......we're not stuck with just one candidate.
True. I would be intrigued by seeing a Huntsman/Paul ticket. I think I could almost be sold on voting for that ticket.

wkmac

why is it everyone contributing here must "believe in america" and the system as-is, as a prerequisite? does that make you or anyone else a better person?
voteNobodyOrElse2.jpg

081012-vote-nobody.jpg

:wink2:
081012-vote-nobody.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The more the media tries to "report" on Cain, it's coming off as a witch hunt. No proof, just accusations. The time that the "settlement" occured, there were alot of payouts from companies to just make it go away, no matter if the accusations were true or not.

Lets stop trying to dig up dirt and listen to the current issues.

Thank you!!!

I look to BBH as the voice of reason.

Please notice, the above post does not "bash" any candidate or BC member.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If this is the best dirt one can find about Cain ?
a non-story ?
This is going to be the ugliest campaign ever.

Herman is my man but I have to lay this solidly on his back.

His handling of this is what has made this so sensational.

Pretty much a non-story but he bungled it and prolonged the frenzy.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What system do you propose? How would you change the current system? Start at the top and work your way down the ladder.
I do not think this is the right thread. I would like to hear from UPSlifer on my question to him/her, but it was an OT question, so I respect that it could be a derailment and unnecessary. ;)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would be happy with gingrich. I dont think he has the celebrity power to gain the youth vote though. I like Paul on so many levels also, but then again, he looks cratchety, but a smart guy.

I do not think this is the right thread. I would like to hear from UPSlifer on my question to him/her, but it was an OT question, so I respect that it could be a derailment and unnecessary. ;)
I was responding to something said on this thread. I didn't ask you to respond, so why did you bring it up ?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was responding to something said on this thread. I didn't ask you to respond, so why did you bring it up ?
What system do you propose? How would you change the current system? Start at the top and work your way down the ladder.
You did ask me to respond, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me or you mistakenly responded to my post instead of someone elses.

.. since it is not relevant to Herman Cain or the subject at hand, I'll digress.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Herman is my man but I have to lay this solidly on his back.

His handling of this is what has made this so sensational.

Pretty much a non-story but he bungled it and prolonged the frenzy.

How could he answer questions to an agreement that he was never part of ?
It was a sealed record between an employer ( NRA ) and an employee ( woman #1 ) , he had no record of such agreement, nor was he party to said agreement, any answers he may have given were the best to his knowledge, much like asking bhos for his sealed records.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How could he answer questions to an agreement that he was never part of ?
It was a sealed record between an employer ( NRA ) and an employee ( woman #1 ) , he had no record of such agreement, nor was he party to said agreement, any answers he may have given were the best to his knowledge, much like asking bhos for his sealed records.

...and I have a bridge I would love to sell to you....

While he may not have had knowledge of the details he most certainly had knowledge that allegations were made and financial settlements were made. To think otherwise is simply being naive.

bbsam

Staff member
But if there was a settlement, do you not think the NRA would have gotten Herman's side of the story first? The way he tells it, he had no knowledge of anything. That's a bit hard to believe.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
...and I have a bridge I would love to sell to you....

While he may not have had knowledge of the details he most certainly had knowledge that allegations were made and financial settlements were made. To think otherwise is simply being naive.

Mark Levin
On Friday's Mark Levin Show: There has been a sexual harassment charge against Jesse Jackson that was reported in April 2011 that Mark brings to the audience's attention.
Tommy Bennett filed a complaint alleging Jackson fired him unjustly and that Jackson forced him to perform uncomfortableî tasks. Where was Politicoís reporting on this?

Also, audio from the lawyer of one of the anonymous female accusers of Herman Cain who says that he doesn't even know if Herman Cain was there at the time of the settlement.
Cain was never a part of the agreement, never saw it, doesn't know what's in it, but yet is supposed to disclose everything about it.

So you think I'm naive.
The lawyer who signed the agreement states Cain may not have even been working there anymore when the agreement was settled.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Everyone says he should have had a plan to respond. I may be naive, but when you arent guilty, do you really need a team of lawyers to help you respond? He could be, he could not be. I guess only time will tell.