Herman Cain

UPS Lifer

why is it everyone contributing here must "believe in america" and the system as-is, as a prerequisite? does that make you or anyone else a better person?
voteNobodyOrElse2.jpg

The post was not meant for you, it was meant for wkmac. I didn't infer any sort of belief in America or the system as is.
How would you fix the system and the mess the country is in? and "not voting" is not an alternative to me. That is a cop out. Put it in a different perspective... if you were elected President, what would you initiate to change the system and fix this country?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It was a great debate, and I would have to give it to Newt. And I agree it was more a conversation than a debate since they agree on almost everything.
newt from all his time in government just knows so much, or has his finger on the button for every answer. Cain was good but not as quick or informed. Not that he was dumb, and as he always admits still going to school....
I think they would be a great team.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The post was not meant for you, it was meant for wkmac. I didn't infer any sort of belief in America or the system as is.
How would you fix the system and the mess the country is in? and "not voting" is not an alternative to me. That is a cop out. Put it in a different perspective... if you were elected President, what would you initiate to change the system and fix this country?
I understand you were talking to mac, but it raises questions that I would ask. You certainly do infer a belief in America, or any other corporatist represntative democracy (America primarily) if you insist there be a president, a congress, top-down political structure built upon lies, greed, manipulation. etc You are assuming that everyone who wants to share a valid opinion, MUST vote, and to be under the thumb of the gov't and state and be ruled by extremely rich, powerful tyrants . I cannot agree and will not vote and contribute to that mindset, personally.

Last edited:
You did ask me to respond, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me or you mistakenly responded to my post instead of someone elses.

.. since it is not relevant to Herman Cain or the subject at hand, I'll digress.
Actually I responded to the post I intended to respond to but was thinking it was by mac instead of you. So, you are correct that I did ask you for a response and I apologize for my misstep. I stand on the fact that I was acting on a post in this thread even though it didn't have anything to do with Cain directly.

I understand you were talking to mac, but it raises questions that I would ask. You certainly do infer a belief in America, or any other corporatist represntative democracy (America primarily) if you insist there be a president, a congress, top-down political structure built upon lies, greed, manipulation. etc You are assuming that everyone who wants to share a valid opinion, MUST vote, and to be under the thumb of the gov't and state and be ruled by extremely rich, powerful tyrants . I cannot agree and will not vote and contribute to that mindset, personally.

This gives no insight as to what you think would be a better system than the one we have, regardless of how tainted it may be. Our Constitution provides a structure for President down to authority separations for a governing body including powers granted and denied each area of the structure. I don't think the men that did this or the people that fought for this did so with the intentions of it being "built upon lies, greed, manipulation".

The question is still, what would you replace our current system with?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would not replace our current system although it does need a major overhaul. Our political leaders seem to have forgotten the "by the people, for the people..." part. Taking the special interests out would be a start.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This gives no insight as to what you think would be a better system than the one we have, regardless of how tainted it may be. Our Constitution provides a structure for President down to authority separations for a governing body including powers granted and denied each area of the structure. I don't think the men that did this or the people that fought for this did so with the intentions of it being "built upon lies, greed, manipulation".

The question is still, what would you replace our current system with?
As the argument goes, the founders of this country told Britain to buzz off, basically, and said we are not recognizing you as our rulers anymore.

If a group of people were to do that today in the U.S., did not recognize the laws, politicians, the taxation and everything else that comes with mainstream society, they would be infiltrated by the gov't and put in prison.

You are missing the intent of my post - it is that UPSlifer was basically stating that unless you have a better idea for a presidential candidate and generally something constructed upon the present system of government and economy, then you do not have room to be critical of that very system. And that line "not voting is a cop out" is absurdity and a cop-out in itself, at best.

island1fox

:happy-very: All you guys are a little too serious this fine morning. How about a little levity and sticking with the Cain discussion ?

Who would vote for or feel that "The Night they Burned old Dixie Down" should be Herman's political song ??

Secondly was that really the name of the song or have I just pulled a line from it ???

klein

Für Meno :)
www.IowaFund.com.

Looks like Herman is still on track. He just started this fund today and it has already accumulated $163k and counting. His goal is $999,000 by Nov. 9, but it appears it will be there by the end of the day tomorrow or Saturday!

We could start here, and see how wrong Brett was again.
It's Sunday now, and still no 999 thousand !

C'mon people, it's Sunday, and instead of giving to Church, open up your wallets some more for Cain, before his month is over and he disappears.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We could start here, and see how wrong Brett was again.
It's Sunday now, and still no 999 thousand !

C'mon people, it's Sunday, and instead of giving to Church, open up your wallets some more for Cain, before his month is over and he disappears.
Hmmmmm...he doesn't have the money the big name candidates have, yet he's still in the lead......hmmmm! Does that tell you something?

klein

Hmmmmm...he doesn't have the money the big name candidates have, yet he's still in the lead......hmmmm! Does that tell you something?

Still ! That's about it.

That's another fault on your electorial system. The money problem. It's all about money.
You folks would have a fit if college students became members of the the house without ever spending dime, like they did here.
I guess their new $124.000 wages will be more than enough to pay for their student loans now, and they probably still have the time to take off and finish university/college.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Klein, isnt it you and the other Cain dislikers, who said he didnt have the money, now you are complaining that it takes the money> to win?
Johnson seems like a great guy? Has he raised enough money? Huntsman great American, has he? Ron Paul, lots of follwers, has he? Heck he has enough money to fund his own campaign.
Someone comes out of the woodwork, and can raise money. Tell you anything?
It tells me there are millions of tooners, through out our country who see something we like. Im still liking him.
He was suppose to be out the end of Sept, nope, then the end of Oct, nope, then the sexual harrassment thing, he will be out my Monday, tuesday, wednesday, Nope.
Im just going to sit back and watch, because the more you try to demoralize an american, a patriot, a businessman, a family man, for no reason other than your love of the potus. Who doesnt need to raise money to campaign, he just spends ours. The more we give, and until it hurts, coz we need this guy out, and someone in who will restore our America to the one who is number one in military, giving, and the one they all float on boats, or risk lives in the desert to get to.

klein

He'll do that for you, just like Sleeves chart showed.
He will rob you by $4300 per year (almost $100 a paycheck) and give it to the rich and corperations.

Why don't all the UPSers just take a $100 and give it back to UPS every week, instead ?
That's exactly what Cain has planned for you - so do it on your own... see if it helps anything.
You think UPS will hire more drivers because of their new winfall ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Still ! That's about it.

That's another fault on your electorial system. The money problem. It's all about money.
You folks would have a fit if college students became members of the the house without ever spending dime, like they did here.
I guess their new $124.000 wages will be more than enough to pay for their student loans now, and they probably still have the time to take off and finish university/college.

I notice you don't advertise your weiner wagon on TV..............reaches tons of people, but way too expensive. Gettting elected is expensive. Reaching people is expensive. The internet has helped a lot in that area. Look at the attention the "smoking ad" got.

Oh, and the college students are too busy camping out with OWS after being brainwashed by their liberal professors to hold office.

klein

And even if the republican party wins the next election, holy crap - you think congress is dysfunctional now, then just wait when the Tea-party side can't agree with the Romney side or vice versa. How are bills ever to get passed then ?

The republican party is divided, and there is no doubt about that.
But, then again, maybe many Tea-party seats will be replaced, too ?