How's the view???........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its what's for dinner.
Beef.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My cellphone camera doesnt do justice to the beauty.

Every year during the last couple weeks of May and the first of June, the clover fields on my route go into bloom. For that short interval, the fields are a vivid, purplish red color that is indescribable. On a sunny day with a light breeze, the clover blossoms literally shimmer in the sunlight and if you look at it long enough your eyes will water. The farmers normally rotate between clover, Timothy grass and wheat, so the different fields get changed around every year. The local beekeepers are hired to put honeybee hives out in the clover, so on a quiet day you can hear the buzzing of thousands of bees hard at work. Its really amazing, and I wish I had a better camera.

The field on the left is over half a mile long. Yesterday, right in the center of that field there was a deer munching on the clover. It was an incredible sight.
clover 1.jpg
clover 2.jpg

bigbrownhen

Nice pics sober. Views like that put a smile on your face for the rest of the day. I used to cover drive for a rural route that had sights like that. The route was one of the worst in the center, but the views and locals made it worth it.

satellitedriver

Stug, do you know snakes? I mean how you can tell if one is poisonous or not?
Fet,
I am not picking on you, but there is no such thing as a poisonous snake.
-( weird pet peeve of mine)-
Snakes come in two classes, venomous or non-venomous.
In North America there are only four you have to worry about and each are easily recognizable.
Moccasin, Copperhead, Rattler and Coral.
Very few people die from venomous snake bites-(hurts like hell, yes!)- in North America.
Years back it was 10, or less, people a year.
On a good note, all snakes are edible.
-(and taste like chicken)-
So if one bites you, kill it and eat it and have the last laugh.

fethrs

Thanks for the lesson Sat, I have seen things on Tv that have confused me, but you cleared it up very nicely. I have never tasted snake, what does it compare to? Is it mild, gamey, or slippery...lol