How's the view???........

bigbrownhen

Yep, I had some rattlesnake in Texas a few years back. It was ok. It didn't compare to the hog that was slow cooked over mesquite though. Those Texans know how to BBQ. Best thing in the world!!!

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Stug, do you know snakes? I mean how you can tell if one is poisonous or not?
[-]Poisonous[/-] Venomous snakes have triangular shaped heads. This baby is a small Black Racer, that are very common here in Florida.

Fet,
I am not picking on you, but there is no such thing as a poisonous snake.
-( weird pet peeve of mine)-
Snakes come in two classes, venomous or non-venomous.
In North America there are only four you have to worry about and each are easily recognizable.
Moccasin, Copperhead, Rattler and Coral.
Very few people die from venomous snake bites-(hurts like hell, yes!)- in North America.
Years back it was 10, or less, people a year.
On a good note, all snakes are edible.
-(and taste like chicken)-
So if one bites you, kill it and eat it and have the last laugh.
LOL, I'll pass.

Thanks for the lesson Sat, I have seen things on Tv that have confused me, but you cleared it up very nicely. I have never tasted snake, what does it compare to? Is it mild, gamey, or slippery...lol
Let's not forget to add Yucky to your list.:wink2:

It tastes like skinless chicken breast, just a white meat that needs seasoning.

The other, other, white meat?

Soylent Green, perhaps?
LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Stug, do you know snakes? I mean how you can tell if one is poisonous or not?

Fet, It's fairly simple to tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes will have a triangular shaped head (to accomodate the fangs) and non-venomous snakes will have a slender, narrow head (as in Stephens pic).

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The view on my way home from work. This was on top of the Roosevelt bridge in Stuart, Fl.

attachment.php

000_0106.jpg
000_0106.jpg

UPS Lifer

Fet, It's fairly simple to tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes will have a triangular shaped head (to accomodate the fangs) and non-venomous snakes will have a slender, narrow head (as in Stephens pic).

This is good to know! Nice explanation.