How's the view???........

bigbrownhen

I use the "insert image" tag on top of the post screen. It shows the actual picture in my post, but in the post, it just shows the jpg thing. It didn't used to do this, and I dont know a different way to post pics. I am a techno maroon.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I use the "insert image" tag on top of the post screen. It shows the actual picture in my post, but in the post, it just shows the jpg thing. It didn't used to do this, and I dont know a different way to post pics. I am a techno maroon.
Make that a techno maroon, with a GREEN thumb.:happy2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
more venison....
doe 3.jpg

UPS Lifer

Well Over, the first pic is people. It was taken last year. My son and his buddies helping us clear out some moss. The other two pics were taken recently. Those are frogs. They were absolutely everywhere. I especially liked the little ones all in a row. They sat there in front of me for the longest time.

The little ones in a row are post card quality! Nice pic!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scratch, I have been to both the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Your pictures brought back some good memories.

I have also been around a few B-52's in my time. Was that Barksdale AFB?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, I have been to both the Alamo and the Riverwalk. Your pictures brought back some good memories.

I have also been around a few B-52's in my time. Was that Barksdale AFB?

Barksdale AFB, home of the Eighth Air Force. It was cool to float around in my brother's pool and watch B-52s fly over, those eight engines have such a distinctive sound. San Antonio was nice, we enjoyed River Walk and visiting The Alamo. We also stopped in Round Rock and tried some beef brisket at the Salt Lick BBQ. I liked the Texas highways, 70 MPH and people would pull over on the shoulder to let you pass. We drove 2023 miles the whole trip, that was the only downside. Except I also gained four pounds eating Cajun food in Bossier City!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We used to get quite a few B-52's when I was stationed here at Plattsburgh AFB. My job was refueling airplanes and it takes a long time to refuel a B-52. They do make a very distinctive noise while in flight.

Is Warner-Robbins AFB still open?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
A few pics from my trip out to out west to Bossier City. LA and San Antonio, TX View attachment 4398View attachment 4399View attachment 4400View attachment 4401
Nice pics, Scratch. No one will EVER be able to tell that you're a UPS guy.:wink2:

Barksdale AFB, home of the Eighth Air Force. It was cool to float around in my brother's pool and watch B-52s fly over, those eight engines have such a distinctive sound. San Antonio was nice, we enjoyed River Walk and visiting The Alamo. We also stopped in Round Rock and tried some beef brisket at the Salt Lick BBQ. I liked the Texas highways, 70 MPH and people would pull over on the shoulder to let you pass. We drove 2023 miles the whole trip, that was the only downside. Except I also gained four pounds eating Cajun food in Bossier City!
Sounds like a nice trip, Scratch. The food part reminds me of Guy Fieri, from food networks, Diner's, Drive in's and Dive's. The B-52's remind me of when I lived with my sister and her husband on Griffis AFB in Rome NY. I loved to watch those things take off and fly overhead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nice pics, Scratch. No one will EVER be able to tell that you're a UPS guy.:wink2:

Sounds like a nice trip, Scratch. The food part reminds me of Guy Fieri, from food networks, Diner's, Drive in's and Dive's. The B-52's remind me of when I lived with my sister and her husband on Griffis AFB in Rome NY. I loved to watch those things take off and fly overhead.

Rome-Utica, NY. My brother was stationed there in the late '70s and my son went to SUNYIT for a year. Actually, he partied at SUNYIT for a year and was asked not to come back.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Rome-Utica, NY. My brother was stationed there in the late '70s and my son went to SUNYIT for a year. Actually, he partied at SUNYIT for a year and was asked not to come back.
LOL, I've been to a lot of places in my life that I assume "prefer" that I not come back, and Griffis is one of those places. You may not be able to tell from my sweet online disposition, but I had a bit of a troubled youth, thus being sent to live with my sister.:happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Is Warner-Robbins AFB still open?

Yes, I think it mainly deals with logistics now. I have a neighbor of mine that is a career Reservist and he is now in Iraq loading bombs and missiles on planes.
The food part reminds me of Guy Fieri, from food networks, Diner's, Drive in's and Dive's.

Thats why I stopped at the Salt Lick BBQ for lunch, I have heard Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay talking about it. Taste in BBQ is a regional thing, I wanted to try beef brisket and sausage, and their sauce. It was OK, not as great as they are hyped up to be. Sauce was too sweet to me, tasted like a lot of honey in its mustard base. I like a Carolina vinegar base sauce with pulled pork the most.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes, I think it mainly deals with logistics now. I have a neighbor of mine that is a career Reservist and he is now in Iraq loading bombs and missiles on planes.

Thats why I stopped at the Salt Lick BBQ for lunch, I have heard Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay talking about it. Taste in BBQ is a regional thing, I wanted to try beef brisket and sausage, and their sauce. It was OK, not as great as they are hyped up to be. Sauce was too sweet to me, tasted like a lot of honey in its mustard base. I like a Carolina vinegar base sauce with pulled pork the most.
Ahhh, a man after my own heart. We'll have to do some good BBQ whenever I get my butt up to Georgia.

DS

Fenderbender
Upstate,growing up in Toronto,we had 3 choices for the news when I was little.The CBC, channel 11 Hamilton or WKBW with good ole' Irv Weinstein in Buffalo.
We always ended up watching the fires in Cheektowaga, the 3 mile Island disaster,and election bashiing because it was way better than the other crap.