How's the view???........

UPS Lifer

Great pics. Someday we will be out there on vacation. It is a possible base assignment for my boy in a few years. He abousolutly loved it out there.

The San Diego area has always been one of my favorite places - Gas Lamp District - Old Town - Mission Bay - LaJolla etc etc etc ! Go sooner rather than later. You will love it.

satellitedriver

:wheelchai I will bet that most of the drivers out there are wondering what the hell string has to do with anything. BTW - what about the pins and pin cushions!

Ha, ha.
One would have to be old enough to remember when merchants wrapped merchandise in paper and tied it closed with string, before there were shopping bags.
Sadly, I am that old.
Last year I was at an auction and there was a cast iron beehive shaped object and the auctioneer did not know what it was.
I pointed to the hole on the top, then removed the hive from the base.
The hive was a place to hold the ball of twine and the hole on top was where the twine came out.
Damn, I should have bought it, but $45 was more than I would go.

Big Babooba

Never got my jacket stuck in the bulkhead door before - until today! I had to remove myself from it because I couldn't reach around to the lock.
2010-10-01_16-28-17_476.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
I can't say I ever caught my jacket in the bulkhead door but I did find myself sitting at a stop light one time with my boots locked together when the hooks at the top of one boot became entangled with the laces on the other boot.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Similar to Babs but I remember I use to get my left shirt sleeve caught on the padlock loop welded to the door frame of the old (60/70s ) P-600's. All my shirts had torn sleeves because of this, and one time I was hanging there for about 10 secs before it ripped. Yes, I weighed a lot less back then.

bigbrownhen

I haven't caught the jacket in the bulk head door, but I have caught both shirts and jackets on the door handles, but now I am using 3 pts of contact, it doesnt' happen anymore. I have also had my boot laces get caught in the other boots brass tabs. Usually when walking, so I tuck them in the top now.

over9five

Staff member
Haven't you learned that Saturday is repair day and Sunday is watch TV day? What task is this? New starter?

THAT is my plow solenoid in my pickup. (Steve, a plow is used to remove "snow" - a cold white substance that falls from the sky up here in the North).

My plow works great for a while but suddenly will do nothing for a few minutes. The solenoid looks kinda gross, so I'm hoping it's bad (cuz it's the cheapest thing to replace!

Few years back when I wasn't as filled out I got a belthole loop on my shorts stuck on the passenger side door open/close latch. I was dangling suspended in mid air for about 10 seconds until it finally broke. Pretty embarrassing on a busy city street with a lot of people looking at me like I was a little kid who got a wedgie from a bully. Now a days it just rips right through the loop on my way out the door.