How's the view???........

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, I'm a city girl, but not as stupid as upstate thinks.....you're all just pulling my leg......I had a good laugh though. Thanks :)

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
"Committed to 100% Safe"
Everytime I see this banner, it makes me think of Officer Upstate of the Grammar and Spelling Police. :wink2:

lovemyupser

So I met the husband for lunch today since I was out shopping in the area. I was leaving the local Target and the FedEX driver walked into Target with a package. I walk out and there is the truck. Cab doors open and the bulk head door open. The driver comes out as I am getting into my car and he heads to Wendy's that is in the same parking lot. He parks his truck and grabs his package to take into Wendy's. I was meeting the husband there for lunch. I always carry my camera with me since I am working on my photo and film communication degree. I wait until the driver is safely inside Wendy's and I turn around in my seat a snap a picture. I walk inside with Wendy's and the FedEX driver is standing there BSing. I don't think he ordered any food because he walked out empty handed. The husband and I were talking about it and he said oh thats Pat. I couldn't tell if it was a guy or girl.:funny: My husband went on to say that they (FedEX drivers) will sometimes leave the trucks running while they are inside delivering a package. Well I just want to thank Pat from the North Alabama center for keeping customers packages safe....LMAO!!!!!!

The picture is taken from inside my care through the back window. But you can tell the bulk head is open.

Then on my way home from picking up my daughter from pre-school Mr UPS is working hard on my street. I just thought I would snap a picture of his truck too. I didn't want to pass him since the hill in front of him people love to fly over and my house is on the other side of it. I took a chance and went around.

SAM_1679 - Copy.jpgSAM_1680.jpg
SAM_1680.jpg
SAM_1679 - Copy.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
I'm glad you weren't around with your camera when I was driving back before UPS went nuts with their security stuff.:happy2: Bulkhead door open ? ----hell- when I first started I didn't realize there was a bulkhead door to close. In fact the guy that trained me as a driver (I never went to UPS school) didn't even shut the rear door after we had emptied out about half the truck. He said it was too hot and we needed some ventilation blowng through the truck.

Last edited:

Nimnim

The Nim
"Committed to 100% Safe"
Everytime I see this banner, it makes me think of Officer Upstate of the Grammar and Spelling Police. :wink2:

What the heck is up with the "I" in the Safety First sign below it? And we don't have any of those newfangled signs at my hub, all the safety signs are at least 5 years old, heck we still have some Habits signs up.

lovemyupser

The UPS driver needs to be further off the road.

If he pulls much further off he might get the truck stuck in the drainage ditch. Where he is parked that belongs to the county. Property line starts on the other side of the ditch. We don't have city drains out in the county. This road was closed last week because it flooded. The ground is still really soft from all the rain we got. Damn North Alabama weather, I hate it. It sucks when you can't leave the house because there is a foot of water covering your property where it meets the road. My car sits to low to the ground to chance it, but my husband has the joy of taking the soccer mom mobile to work.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
What the heck is up with the "I" in the Safety First sign below it? And we don't have any of those newfangled signs at my hub, all the safety signs are at least 5 years old, heck we still have some Habits signs up.
That isn't UPS. The letters in the "Safety First" Sign are each divided up into 29/30/31 pieces. One for each day of the month. Hence the fat I. No injuries that day and it gets colored in green. An injury is yellow and a lost time injury is red. There is some kind of reward for no injuries in a year.

browndevil

I'm glad you weren't around with your camera when I was driving back before UPS went nuts with their security stuff.:happy2: Bulkhead door open ? ----hell- when I first started I didn't realize there was a bulkhead door to close. In fact the guy that trained me as a driver (I never went to UPS school) didn't even shut the rear door after we had emptied out about half the truck. He said it was too hot and we needed some ventilation blowng through the truck.
God how I miss those days :)