How's the view???........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Next years wine grapes....... grapes.jpg
grapes.jpg

First I have to say, I did not take this picture, all credit goes to author/photographer Wyman Meinser ....from his blog.

Mackinse.jpg

"There is a long deep waterhole just around the next bend a little above us;" " and there was where he expected to find the camp." John R. Cook. March 1877.
Book excerpt describing the hours before the famous battle at Yellow House Canyon between buffalo hunters and Comanche Indians. Photo taken in Mackenzie Park, Lubbock, Texas where the hunters filled their canteens and watered horses and mules after the battle.
Mackinse.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a chance to visit the Grand Canyon when I was stationed in Texas. It was beautiful but I can only imagine how much more so with the snow thrown in there.

Very nice pictures.

klein

Für Meno :)
The city can't do everything in a day or 2 ! Over 2900 miles of roads to clear ! (4700km)

January 10, 2011
City of Edmonton road maintenance crews continue to clear arterial roads, collector roads and bus routes. Arterial roads are 80 per cent complete, with the remainder being scheduled for plowing overnight. Work on collector roads and bus routes will continue.
Over 100 graders were deployed at midnight and will continue to work until 4 pm; they will be back working again as of midnight.
There are over 100 pieces of City of Edmonton equipment working around the clock to plow and clear snow from all 4700 km of city road ways.

No specific date has been set for re-entry into residential areas at this time; however, once priority routes have been finished, crews will pick up where they left off in communities.
Residents are asked to park off-street so that crews can blade as close to the curb as possible and maximize lane width.