How's the view???........

rod

Retired 23 years
I like this 1, too (the neighbors pitching in, to shovel out the cresent-road they reside on)

What gives? I count 5 guys shoveling snow in that neighborhood. You going to tell me that in Canada no one owns a snowblower or a plow? The closest I can guess is that in my neighborhood if you just count the 2 neighbors on each side of me we could come up with 6 snowblowers, 4 ATV's with plows on them, one John Deere garden tractor with a blower, 3 4-wheel drive pickups with plows and one 4 wheel drive Ford tractor with a rear mounted 6 foot auger/blower that will throw 3 foot deep snow snow 200 feet. We laugh at snow. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

moreluck

golden ticket member
What gives? I count 5 guys shoveling snow in that neighborhood. You going to tell me that in Canada no one owns a snowblower or a plow? The closest I can guess is that in my neighborhood if you just count the 2 neighbors on each side of me we could come up with 6 snowblowers, 4 ATV's with plows on them, one John Deere garden tractor with a blower, 3 4-wheel drive pickups with plows and one 4 wheel drive Ford tractor with a rear mounted 6 foot auger/blower that will throw 3 foot deep snow snow 200 feet. We laugh at snow. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Maybe , being a daytime picture, it was just the unemployed of the neighborhood.

rod

Retired 23 years
maybe those 5 are all wives and their husbands are inside laying on the couch in their underwear drinking beer and watching tv.

klein

Für Meno :)
First of all, it's located in a sub city of ours, but it did make local news. I guess 9 families pitched in, to clean the cresent road, so they can access the main road.

A lot of people own snowblowers here, I guess they didn't. But, I think it was a "fake pic"
Because yesterday, when I seen that street on the news.... shovels couldn't have cleaned that street soo neat. It was bladed, forsure.

If anyone wants to watch the clean-up efforts of our "massive snowfall" as the news video says, and the bad forecast ahead,
then go to the link:

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/video/index.html?releasePID=MTYQfY0C9zb3Re3hZ_Xl_Z0BF8Wep7Ik

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
100_2244.jpgWhat I found on my ice filled day.100_2240.jpg
100_2240.jpg
100_2244.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
They aren't an endangered spieces around here. Damn things are more plentyful than crows. Them and wolves have made a comeback to the point of being ridiculous

rod

Retired 23 years
I still think they are majestic and I love seeing them. Sorry if they bug you.

Don't take me wrong---I think they are neat also. Its just where I live they are a dime a dozen----------------and they have pretty much destroyed the duck population. I live on the river and it used to be loaded with ducks all summer long. Now you see very few ducks but you seem to always be able to spot an eagle or two gliding overhead.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They help here with the canadian geeses problem, so much poop on the beach you cant sit on the beach but I dont like to see the babies killed.
The have made a pretty big comeback in Ohio also, but I am one of the few in the area that has an interest so I shoot pics whenever I see him. We dont have an overabundance of wolves here either, a few more coyotes than I ever saw, but the only wolf Ive seen is the hybrid next door, kept as a pet. And he is very protective.....

klein

Für Meno :)
Canadian Geese will actually eat off your hands.... I used to always take my old bread to the river park and feed them.