How's the view???........

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What is that?
It's a really bad*** jellyfish. Here it is in its natural state.
630193-lg.jpg

The give a nasty sting.
portuguese-man-of-war-sting.jpg

Though there was a purple flag out today, warning of man of war in the water, and my girls and I didn't see, nor get stung, by any. What a beatiful day to be in the ocean.

Though there was a purple flag out today, warning of man of war in the water, and my girls and I didn't see, nor get stung, by any. What a beatiful day to be in the ocean.

Sharks,gators, and jellyfish. Plus the chance of a hurricane dumping one or all in your front yard. What a wonderful state you live in. :)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Mythbusters said you can use vodka and it gets rid of the pain/barbs. One of them rubbed one on themselves and compared to the over the counter stuff and it worked the same. Granted they didn't try it with one of those jellies you described above, still seemed to work though.

rod

Retired 23 years
Mythbusters said you can use vodka and it gets rid of the pain/barbs. One of them rubbed one on themselves and compared to the over the counter stuff and it worked the same. Granted they didn't try it with one of those jellies you described above, still seemed to work though.

I've also heard you can piss on the sting to relieve he pain. I'm sorry--- I will take cold weather, mosquitos for a couple of months and a few more inconveniences over what you have. To each his own. Sorry Jack-- I was aiming this ont toward steve

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I've also heard you can piss on the sting to relieve he pain. I'm sorry--- I will take cold weather, mosquitos for a couple of months and a few more inconveniences over what you have. To each his own. Sorry Jack-- I was aiming this ont toward steve
I would much rather deal with the pain than to piss on myself!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sharks,gators, and jellyfish. Plus the chance of a hurricane dumping one or all in your front yard. What a wonderful state you live in. :)
Hmmm, all of the above or Illinois? Hard choice............NOT!

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to be carrying a bottle of vodka around with me on the beach.

Word is you get stung by one of those you`ll piss yourself anyway. Might as well make it count.
Ha Ha Ha

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
stevetheupsguy; Yeah said:
Waaaaa? You can't bring booze to the beach? I have no idea about laws and whatnot concerning that as I don't leave the freshwater. All I know is unless you're operating a motor vehicle on lake Lanier, you can suck down beers at most spots, minus the boat ramps.

Matter of fact, anyone in the area of 6mile creek or 2 mile creek will see me Sunday catching stripers. Just look for the guy in the sun hat and a pack of Miller lite.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My wife upgraded to an iphone, so I took her old phone with its 3.0 megapixel camera to replace the POS I have had for years.

The spot where I am parked is at 1600 feet and you can see in all directions. This pic is facing north, and in the background is Mt St. Helens. From this point I can see Mt Hood and Mt Jefferson in the Oregon Cascades, and Mt Adams, Mt Ranier and Mt St Helens in Washington. On a clear day with binoculars, you can even see the tip of mt Baker in British Columbia.
mt st helens.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
My wife upgraded to an iphone, so I took her old phone with its 3.0 megapixel camera to replace the POS I have had for years.

The spot where I am parked is at 1600 feet and you can see in all directions. This pic is facing north, and in the background is Mt St. Helens. From this point I can see Mt Hood and Mt Jefferson in the Oregon Cascades, and Mt Adams, Mt Ranier and Mt St Helens in Washington. On a clear day with binoculars, you can even see the tip of mt Baker in British Columbia.
Wow. That is beautiful.

soberups

Here is another great view looking south, about 1400 feet above the Willamette Valley. From this point I can see Mt Hood, Mt Jefferson, and one of the Three Sisters mountains to the east, as well as the Coast Range to the west. The city of Salem, OR is barely visible about 40 miles south on the horizon. The spot where I am parked is a popular launching point for the local hang-glider and para-glider enthusiasts; when wind conditions are favorable there might be half a dozen of them waiting to quite literally jump off of the edge of the cliff. Sometimes I will park here during my lunch or break just to watch, or to meditate and enjoy the view.
mt top2.jpg

soberups

Looking due east over the Willamette Valley. In the distance is Mt Hood. My new 3.0 megapixel cellphone camera is waaay better than the crummy one (.07 mpx) I had before, but it still cannot do justice to the view. Someday I may have to break down and get an iphone like my wife has.
ribbon ridge.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I try to take pictures of our gorgeous sunrises...all pink & orangey...and the pictures never come out looking like what my eyes saw.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Stingrays and jellyfish. It's supposed to be very effective.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Bought two for the wife with all that extra bling from last year.
2739d483.jpg

That's the tri-color, one litter older then the blenheim
f624f29c.jpg

Thats the belnheim, had to put a shirt on her as she just got spayed last week.