How's the view???........

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm gonna get something comfy, like that, and stash it at a business on my route, so I can have a nice cozy, river side, lunch.

Steve, check into those fold out ones. I think they are similar to camp chairs. You could just throw it in the PC and take your lunch in any shady spot. Google "camp hammock", there are a few different ones.

here's one from Amazon that I found real quick.
http://www.amazon.com/Strathwood-Portable-Folding-Chocolate-Champagne/dp/B001BSOSDA

Cementups

Box Monkey
I keep a camp chair in my truck to sit in while I eat lunch. I open the doors in teh truck and let the breeze flow thru while I prop my legs up on the shelf and eat my lunch and play Words with Friends on my iPhone. Much more comfy than sitting on the floor of the PC with my knees up above my waist level.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Is that the last resting place of Bonnie and Clyde?

Steve, check into those fold out ones. I think they are similar to camp chairs. You could just throw it in the PC and take your lunch in any shady spot. Google "camp hammock", there are a few different ones.
Thanks bbh!

I'm afraid Steve will be Googling "child support" and "alimony" long before he Googles "camp hammock".
I know you don't really care, Upstate, but I'll have you know that there will be NO Alimony, and child support should be minimal, at best, seeing as Mrs STUG and I have chosen to be civil, deciding to share equal time with our girls. Divorce sucks, but the children shouldn't have to suffer. As for a rebuttal to your careless comment, nah, I forgive you.

Thanks, also, menotyou. I appreciate the extra effort. I hope someone takes care of your timecard for you. :wink2:

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
243090_10100117384871879_30800600_45549279_5580393_o.jpg
another beautiful load from "one of our best guys"
243090_10100117384871879_30800600_45549279_5580393_o.jpg

djkre8r

Hey... it's my lunch hour and I can do what I want. By the way I never broke trace during the days I took these photos.

IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0154.jpg

djkre8r

Luckily one of our drivers owns some land on a nice creek. Sometimes I take my lunch there and get in a little fly fishing.

IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0155.jpg

djkre8r

Every driver should have an ENO hammock in their truck/back pack. One day it started raining hard and I hadn't taken my lunch. I found a nice spot and hung my hammock in the back of the truck. What a relaxing way to spend your lunch hour.

djkre8r

LOL This spot is by an old church and cemetery. I was there 45 minutes and only ONE car drove by. Talk about eating your lunch in peace!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OK, This reminds me of that movie where the serial killer climbs a tree in the family's back yard and observes them and their routines and then goes in and kills the mom, dad, kids, any pets......The detective is brought out of retirement to try to solve these murders.
or .................... Deliverance.

OK, This reminds me of that movie where the serial killer climbs a tree in the family's back yard and observes them and their routines and then goes in and kills the mom, dad, kids, any pets......The detective is brought out of retirement to try to solve these murders.

That would be " Manhunter" with Will Peterson, an excellent movie. Far supierior to the remake with Ed Norton called "Red Dragon". Based on the books by Thomas Harris, all revolving around the Hannibal Lechtor character.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
1600 feet above the Willamette Valley, looking southeast. This is the highest point on my route. On a clear day you can see Mt Hood and Mt Jefferson from here. And with binoculars I can even see the roof of my house.
mt top.jpg

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
70 acres of clover in full bloom. In the distance you can see the white roofs of beehives. If you stand next to the fence and listen you can hear the buzzing of what must be millions of honeybees. When the sun shines on the clover the color is so vivid and red that it will make your eyes water.
clover.jpg