How's the view???........

old levi's

blank space
This was my view today, I have been in a different package car every day this week. Today's fine piece of automotive equipment had a blue Mickey Mouse Watch taped to it and a non working temp gauge with special instructions painted on the dash. For some reason my mechanic has been having a hard time getting a front brake hose.

Looks like you've got some dry rot started in that lower left corner also. What a POC. :whiteflag:

rod

Retired 23 years
This was my view today, I have been in a different package car every day this week. Today's fine piece of automotive equipment had a blue Mickey Mouse Watch taped to it and a non working temp gauge with special instructions painted on the dash. For some reason my mechanic has been having a hard time getting a front brake hose.

Its good to see UPS has updated their equipment since I retired. I once drove one that had at least a dozen unlabled toggle switches mounted on the dash----none of which worked for anything that I could see.

old levi's

blank space
Its good to see UPS has updated their equipment since I retired. I once drove one that had at least a dozen unlabled toggle switches mounted on the dash----none of which worked for anything that I could see.

You flipped them all, didn't you? That's what I'm talking about!

over9five

Staff member

Instead of all those printed instructions, why doesn't your mechanic just fix it???

They were just there to distract you and keep your mind off the extra 20 stops they jammed in at the last minute.

UPSGUY72

Is that one of the old fords with the knob that you pull to set the parking brake ??

bigbrownhen

Now that is one of the worst pieces of junk I have seen at UPS. Why is that thing still on the road. How embarassing to have a customer see that. Not to mention, it's probably not safe to work out of or drive.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Instead of all those printed instructions, why doesn't your mechanic just fix it???

That would make sense, so that wouldn't work. This is a reject spare car from another Hub, its probably been like that for years with the temp gauge. I took that pic when I was parked under a shade tree on my last break, I later noticed the speedometer says I am parked at 15 MPH.

Parts on order, OK for service!

It ran, thats about all I can say for it. It did shift good, compared to the other straight shifts I drove all week. I was in still a different one today. I don't understand why our shop has trouble getting a brake hose for my regular car, my Hub has a major Freightliner dealership down the street and two other Hubs within the area.

Is that one of the old fords with the knob that you pull to set the parking brake ??

No, its an early model P-700 that had 443K miles on it, if it hadn't flipped over before.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Found my helper for peak. Least he'll fit in with the rest of us barnyard animals.
8d410536.jpg

Really could of used his help today. Least they didn't bury my hand cart
5e98272e.jpg

I don't understand why our shop has trouble getting a brake hose for my regular car, my Hub has a major Freightliner dealership down the street and two other Hubs within the area.

The same reason my shifting horse is sitting and waiting on a front axle. UPS now utilizes a central parts depot in Nashville ,I believe, that has all the parts for every style of vehicle we use. It doesn`t matter that there`s a parts distributer down the street for your brake line or that any competent machine shop could have replaced the bushings in my axle we now have to wait while the parts are ordered and shipped and hopefully are sent correctly.