How's the view???........

over9five

Staff member
Anyone remember my daughters cute little Hyundai that was narrowly missed by a fallen tree during the ice storm)?

Well, the cute little Hyundai flipped onto its side.

She's OK. Small scratches on her finger, lucky girl. She hit ice, and said she had a choice of hitting a car, a fire truck, or a snowbank. She chose the snowbank, but went thru it or over it, landing on the drivers side. At least the fire dept was there to help her get out.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Anyone remember my daughters cute little Hyundai that was narrowly missed by a fallen tree during the ice storm)?

She's OK. Small scratches on her finger, lucky girl. She hit ice, and said she had a choice of hitting a car, a fire truck, or a snowbank. She chose the snowbank, but went thru it or over it, landing on the drivers side. At least the fire dept was there to help her get out.

God bless her, 9/5, that could've ended much worse. Imagine if she would have been in an 800, with just a lap belt!

Big Babooba

Thank God she's OK. I had a similar experience this past May when my daughter rolled her Cobalt doing 65 mph on I91. She walked away. Aren't seat belts great? Cars can be replaced. Your loved ones can't.

rod

Retired 23 years
Not quite as rusted as my 72 Bronco was. The floor got so rusted that the body actually fell down on the frame causing the firewall to pinch the clutch pedal hard enough so that you couldn't push it down. I also had a class III receiver hitch pull off my last pickup because it was rusted so much. Sure glad I wasn't pulling my trailer 70 mph at the time.:peaceful:

What part were we looking at that was rusted right through, Over?
That's the frame just in front of where the front wheels are attached to the springs and the springs to the frame. And just behind the front bumper. Not a good place for a frame failure, but not the worst place........hmmm, I don't reckon there is a good place for that.:knockedout:

over9five

Staff member
That's the frame just in front of where the front wheels are attached to the springs and the springs to the frame. And just behind the front bumper. Not a good place for a frame failure, but not the worst place........hmmm, I don't reckon there is a good place for that.:knockedout:

A little worse than that. It's the frame just behind the front wheels.

It's ugly.....