How's the view???........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Beautiful pictures Sober.

The nice part about my route is the scenery.
The lousy part is when the weather gets bad and I am fighting pea soup fog, snow, ice and mud.
Gotta take the good with the bad, and on clear days the view is awe inspiring. Sometimes I stop and take my break and just meditate up there.

iowa boy

2013-01-18_11-45-09_64.jpg

Pulled into a farm driveway yesterday and this guy was just sitting there kickin it like he owned the place.

And then I forgot about this guy who actually sat for me so I could take his picture.

2012-11-30_12-11-02_84.jpg
2013-01-18_11-45-09_64.jpg
2012-11-30_12-11-02_84.jpg

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

iowa boy, it's nice to see a homeowner who really cares about their "pets".

Yes, that was sarcasm.

$5 worth of lumber, an iron rod shoved in the ground, 3 bowls strewed about the yard---when was the last time the water was changed---a worn-out path which the dog made from years of straining against that chain---yeah, you gotta love someone who takes care of their "pets".

That dog has no idea what it means to be a pet.

iowa boy

iowa boy, it's nice to see a homeowner who really cares about their "pets".

Yes, that was sarcasm.

$5 worth of lumber, an iron rod shoved in the ground, 3 bowls strewed about the yard---when was the last time the water was changed---a worn-out path which the dog made from years of straining against that chain---yeah, you gotta love someone who takes care of their "pets".

That dog has no idea what it means to be a pet.

Upstate,

I agree with you 100%.

To the right of the photo there was another dog that was a little more pissy than the guy I shot, but he was the same way off...On a chain, tied to a steel rod, set up by a $5 dog house.

You have to just shake your head and wonder sometimes why people have animals if they are not going to spend any time with them.

gingerkat

Rod, you've made me really smile with these, and it's a good thing because I haven't smiled that much lately. That crazy Butterfingers is cute as all hell! It reminds me of the very first cat I had. He used to go everywhere with me in his later years. He would fly with me back east and the flight attendants used to ooh and ahh over him. He would also go boating with me in Laughin and looked adorable in his little life vest. Damn, I wish I could find that picture.

Thanks

rod

Retired 23 years
Rod, you've made me really smile with these, and it's a good thing because I haven't smiled that much lately. That crazy Butterfingers is cute as all hell! It reminds me of the very first cat I had. He used to go everywhere with me in his later years. He would fly with me back east and the flight attendants used to ooh and ahh over him. He would also go boating with me in Laughin and looked adorable in his little life vest. Damn, I wish I could find that picture.

Thanks

I've got a cat (18 years old) that loves to ride on my atv with me. I tried taking him in the boat but he wanted nothing to do with that.

iowa boy

There's a guy working on it. He didn't want to be in the picture.

Got cha!!

When I was part-time I loaded our A2 and whenever our security guy or TSA rep was there, we could not leave the A2 unsecured and unattended for any reason.

And if it was parked outside, the doors had to be padlocked for the obvious security reasons.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm driving down a driveway and see this thing in a field and hit the brakes quick to see what it was....

21079BEE-734D-4EB7-AA0D-68A6EBE06857-1287-000001215997B67C.jpg

and upon closer inspection it appears someone has made a home in this field......

B12AB8D8-4F4E-4654-980D-E0328E84EBA2-1287-0000012162F7E041.jpg