How's the view???........

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Easter Sunday, doing what we "Floridian's" do best. The Beach!!!

891828_10151498281142092_1368154723_o.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
2013_0330BdayMoms0155.jpg
Dropped the kids off for a 6 hour zipline tour. The beach in the middle of the picture is clothing optional and a bitch to get to. Mom and dad decided to get rid of some tan lines. Thank god we were the only ones on the beach. Didn't want to scare anyone.
2013_0330BdayMoms0161.jpg
2013_0330BdayMoms0155.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
get-attachment.jpg
After 15+ trips to Hawaii, I finally got the nerve to fly to Oahu and visit the Arizona Memorial. Very moving and somber experience for the whole family. Will not be much longer until there are no Pearl Harbor survivors to help out with the tours. Spent about three hours at the memorial and not once did I see either of my kids even look at their cellphone except for photos.
get-attachment.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
View attachment 8833
After 15+ trips to Hawaii, I finally got the nerve to fly to Oahu and visit the Arizona Memorial. Very moving and somber experience for the whole family. Will not be much longer until there are no Pearl Harbor survivors to help out with the tours. Spent about three hours at the memorial and not once did I see either of my kids even look at their cellphone except for photos.

I went there when I was a kid living in Hawaii with my parents in the late 1960's. It is an experience you will never forget.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Arizona Memorial is one of those places I really want to go and see. Always kind of fascinated with it, not sure why.

Take a drive down to Washington DC and check out the Vietnam Memorial and Arlington Cemetary---they both really put things in to perspective.

I would also love to see the Arizona Memorial some day.

S

serenity now

ever noticed how most memorials rise toward the heavens, but the Vietnam Memorial resembles a scar on the earth....

58,195 names

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The Arizona Memorial is one of those places I really want to go and see. Always kind of fascinated with it, not sure why.
Will never forget sitting at the memorial, reading through all the names of those who perished while "taps" was bugled in the distance. Sent a chill down the spine.
Can still see drops of oil rising to the surface from the rusting ship after all these years. One of the survivors called these "The Tears of the Arizona".
He believes that they will only stop when the last survivor has past away and joined his shipmates.

moreluck

golden ticket member