How's the view???........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Please tell me you haven't bought into the hype and false stereotypes about pit bulls.

They get a lot of hysterical media attention but the reality is that properly raised and socialized pit bulls make very good pets. I have been delivering to this particular stop for over 15 years now, and every pit bull they have ever had has been a face-licking biscuit-mooching lap dog. Pitties are very easy to "read" by their body language, and the overwhelming majority of them are very friendly to people even if they have issues with aggressiveness towards other dogs. I would much rather deal with a pitbull than a Chow or a German Shepherd.

The black and white pit bull in the pic is a 10 month old puppy. I am the first UPS driver this dog has ever encountered, and for the rest of its life this dog will automatically associate the big brown UPS truck with cookies and back scratches and love. Whoever takes over this route after I am gone will never have a problem with this dog because I got in on the ground floor and trained it right in terms of how to deal with the UPS man.

Amen!! I have many pits on my rte and 99% of them are great dogs. Very loving and friendly. By comparison, I had a delivery at a residence on our local indian reservation. As I walked towards the door I encountered a very young dog. Not thinking anything about it I walked towards the pup. Who doesn't love a puppy. I had to step back when the dog hit the end of the chain snarling. I have no doubt that if I had gotten within reach I would have been bit. This animal was less than 6 months old and was not a pit bull. REALLY?!?!?! There are times when I really hate people.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
image[10].jpg

​My kid took this pic of a glacier at the southern tip of South America.
image[10].jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As you all know, I see lots of deer out on my route. I saw these two...in the employee parking lot as I was on my way home from work tonight!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've had ducks and ducklings wandering in the shop. I advised the safety committee to make up some tiny yellow vests for them before they went back into the yard.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not a exactly a woodchuck, I found this little critter next to my driveway one morning as I was getting in my vehicle to drive to work. My son had told me that he had seen a "large rat or something" hanging around our garage door the day before. Sad ending to the story, a week later I found its mother and a sibling floating around in a garbage can that had half filled with a couple of feet of water. I don't know what ever became of this little guy.

Jeff's iPone pics 018.jpg
Jeff's iPone pics 018.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
more items for your ups museum..........

These are next to my Jim Casey Shrine in my basement. Sign on the left is from 1997, the one on the right was from the one-day walkout when package weight went from 70 to 150 lbs. It was originally a sign from a Pony Express picket, that was why the paper with UPS was stapled to it that morning in our parking lot.

These are next to my Jim Casey Shrine in my basement. Sign on the left is from 1997, the one on the right was from the one-day walkout when package weight went from 70 to 150 lbs. It was originally a sign from a Pony Express picket, that was why the paper with UPS was stapled to it that morning in our parking lot.
Jim Casey would NEVER EVER...let the company be run.............the way it is now!!!!!!!!!!!!!