How's the view???........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Makes sense but hummers are so small that if you get to far away you can't see them. I will just have to play around with it. The Rufous was an import from the web but the other one is mine. It turned out pretty good.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Makes sense but hummers are so small that if you get to far away you can't see them. I will just have to play around with it. The Rufous was an import from the web but the other one is mine. It turned out pretty good.
Yeah it did. If you don't move the lens closer, but just the camera in the sport setting, you'll get a better picture. You can also use the timer mode if you need to step away so the birds come back into frame.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yeah it did. If you don't move the lens closer, but just the camera in the sport setting, you'll get a better picture. You can also use the timer mode if you need to step away so the birds come back into frame.
These guys are used to me being around. I can usually stand as close as 2-4 feet from the feeders.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
These guys are used to me being around. I can usually stand as close as 2-4 feet from the feeders.

Do they buzz your head?
Ours go back and forth between the two feeders at either end of the deck.
Males are very territorial and flit back and forth seemingly within inches of my head. Feel like I should be wearing goggles just in case.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They'll be eating out of your hand:happy2:

Quite a few years ago we had an unexpected spring snowfall. 3-4 inches of very wet snow. I went out the front door that morning and there was this little guy sitting on the branch where the feeder was. It was a very low branch and I could have easily reached and touched the hummer. The 'flowers' on the feeder was covered in snow. I walked over to the feeder and cleaned the 'flowers' off. That bird did not move or even flutter a wing. I was just inches away from it. He must have been freezing. As soon as I moved away from the feeder he went straight to it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Then sport should do the trick. Good luck! Here's an example of sport.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

100_9887.jpg
100_9888.jpg
100_9894.jpg

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Do they buzz your head?
Ours go back and forth between the two feeders at either end of the deck.
Males are very territorial and flit back and forth seemingly within inches of my head. Feel like I should be wearing goggles just in case.
Oh definately! Heaven forbid I should let the feeders go dry. I have 4 feeders out and get dozens of hummers. They claim specific feeders and chase the unwanted out.