If you are thinking about voting NO…

Thebrownblob

How many more times will our pension be bailed out by the federal government in the next 40 years?
Over the next 40 years? Zero. Theres enough money to cover for the next 35 years minimum. After that, the amount of people being paid out, will be quite a bit less, including myself, most likely. 😂💀

Thebrownblob

Hopefully never.

But, you say that like it's a bad thing.... ??
It’s about time the blue-collar workers didn’t get past over. Having said that it does appear the new leader ship in the Teamsters has a desire to make sure there’s new participants so that the fund has money in the future. Organize or die.

Trucker Clock

Over the next 40 years? Zero. Theres enough money to cover for the next 35 years minimum. After that, the amount of people being paid out, will be quite a bit less, including myself, most likely. 😂💀

Yep.

In 35 years, those of us with any serious time vested in Central States will be dead and gone. As each one of us die off, the pension liability decreases.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Jesus dude. Idk if you understand how terrible pensions have been and will be still in the future. Anyone who wants a pension over matched money is insane

Maybe you missed this thread.... ORS, whining about the company and not having a pension.

Thebrownblob

Jesus dude. Idk if you understand how terrible pensions have been and will be still in the future. Anyone who wants a pension over matched money is insane
Again, why aren’t you putting money in your 401(k) yourself? And if you are, you’re probably doing very well. My financial advisor says that pensions no longer being offered has not been advantageous to working people. Because unfortunately working people just don’t save. They fail to pay their selves first.

Trucker Clock

Again, why aren’t you putting money in your 401(k) yourself? And if you are, you’re probably doing very well. My financial advisor says that pensions no longer being offered has not been advantageous to working people. Because unfortunately working people just don’t save. They fail to pay their selves first.

Or they take out a loan on that 401(k) to buy a Ford Raptor.