Kamala Harris accomplishment thread

Black is the skin color Indian is an ethnicity, apparently she doesn’t understand either. I’m multi racial as well. What should I call myself, my skin color? She would be more honest if she said she was Jamaican. Instead, she’s pandering. It’s fine. She’s a politician. I get it.
“On census surveys, an individual can report as White, Black or African American, Asian, American Indian and Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, or some other race.”

newfie

“Howard University is a private, historically black, federally chartered research university in Washington, D.C., located in the Shaw neighborhood.”

Of course going to Howard doesn’t make you black. Having a black dad, however, does make you black
how do you know he's black?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What does her growing up in Canada have anything do with this conversation? Black people cant go to Canada?
You tried to say the school she went to decided whether she was black or not.

I pointed out she went to school in Canada.
Now you're trying to run away from your previous point, which is okay with me.

Glad you've changed your mind.
Carry on.

you said she was black because she went to howard.

so what color does her living in canada and attending a catholic school make her
I said she’s black because her dad is black. I pointed out howard as one of the points that she has identified as part black for a while now. It’s not the whole picture, just a small piece of this very stupid puzzle

newfie

1722799564135.png

You tried to say the school she went to decided whether she was black or not.

I pointed out she went to school in Canada.
Now you're trying to run away from your previous point, which is okay with me.

Glad you've changed your mind.
Carry on.
You’re reading comprehension skills are terrible. Or you’re just doing your “grown man being an internet troll thing” again. Either way is sad though

Nope Trump didn't do that.
You just hear what you want.
“She was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago, when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black.

“…she was Indian all the way, and then all of a sudden she made a turn and she went – she became a Black person,” he said at the National Association of Black Journalists convention. “I think somebody should look into that too.”

Lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You’re reading comprehension skills are terrible. Or you’re just doing your “grown man being an internet troll thing” again. Either way is sad though
Now you're embarrassed because you know it was dumb to use her time at Howard as a way to shut down criticism of her pandering with race identity.

It's okay buddy, we know you did that because we can just go back and read it.

Move on.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
“She was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago, when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black.

“…she was Indian all the way, and then all of a sudden she made a turn and she went – she became a Black person,” he said at the National Association of Black Journalists convention. “I think somebody should look into that too.”

Lol
Yes.
He's right.

She went around pandering to people obsessed with race saying she was Indian.

Then she she did the same thing to a different group saying she was black.

Because she's a phony.
She's just trying to use her race to get ahead.

Thebrownblob

“On census surveys, an individual can report as White, Black or African American, Asian, American Indian and Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, or some other race.”
Sounds racist, and insulting imagine that the government being racist. With racist labels.

As mentioned in the black African chapter – it is problematic to group Caribbean and African audiences by the homogenous label of ‘black’. Nuance is also needed for the black Caribbean label, a term applied to many from the West Indian islands, which are vastly different and unique. Furthermore, while we are specifically talking about the black Caribbean population in this write up, we must be mindful that the Caribbean islands are also home to the Indian and Chinese communities, which dates back to the history of slavery.

Box Ox

Half of her family is black, and she’s been referring to herself publicly as black as early as 2006, where she was on a panel of “emerging black leaders”, but sure, she’s not black because Donald Trump said so…

This is so stupid. What a boring grasp at controversy.

Kamala supporters should be pleased it's continuing. It's a distraction and won't gain any votes for Trump.

newfie

I said she’s black because her dad is black. I pointed out howard as one of the points that she has identified as part black for a while now. It’s not the whole picture, just a small piece of this very stupid puzzle
you kept arguing that she was black because she went to howard.

when i hired for ups i at one point hired engineers from morgan state another traditionally black college. I ended up hiring two . one was hispanic and the other a big old country looking white boy that looked like grizzly adams but took the scholarship opportunity that morgan gave him. school does not equal race.

newfie

Kamala supporters should be pleased it's continuing. It's a distraction and won't gain any votes for Trump.
unless there are blacks that get offended when someone tries to claim a trait they have not walked the talk for experienced the struggle for.

Box Ox

Half of her family is black, and she’s been referring to herself publicly as black as early as 2006, where she was on a panel of “emerging black leaders”, but sure, she’s not black because Donald Trump said so…

This is so stupid. What a boring grasp at controversy.
unless there are blacks that get offended when someone tries to claim a trait they have not walked the talk for experienced the struggle for.

There might be a couple. Won't be a net gain for Trump. Most folks think "Her dad was Jamaican" and stop there when it comes to questioning her race.

Interesting to hear Trump supporters talking about the unique struggles black people face.