Maybe now is the right time to organize

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's called Medicare . Not only has it worked pretty good for the past 55 years I am 100% dead certain that you will not turn down the opportunity to enroll when the time comes if it hasn't already.
Medicare owes everyone medical access??? Your incoherence is confusing.

All wage earners have taxes withheld from their earnings to support Medicare. When one becomes eligible, they have to pay a monthly premium for part B and any other supplementals.

Don’t know where you get that it’s free.

bacha29

Medicare owes everyone medical access??? Your incoherence is confusing.

All wage earners have taxes withheld from their earnings to support Medicare. When one becomes eligible, they have to pay a monthly premium for part B and any other supplementals.

Don’t know where you get that it’s free.
Go back and read the post again. Where does it say anything about it being free? It was this nation's first real attempt at a national healthcare plan, It was 20 years in the making and the repugs fought it tooth and nail every step of the way.. And if the ACA is overturned it will once again be the only national healthcare plan we have. And after 55 years it has shown that when is designed and set up properly a national healthcare plan can work.

Your comments represent conclusive proof that what you really want is free healthcare. So tell us how to fund one and we'll take a look at it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Go back and read the post again. Where does it say anything about it being free? It was this nation's first real attempt at a national healthcare plan, It was 20 years in the making and the repugs fought it tooth and nail every step of the way.. And if the ACA is overturned it will once again be the only national healthcare plan we have. And after 55 years it has shown that when is designed and set up properly a national healthcare plan can work.

Your comments represent conclusive proof that what you really want is free healthcare. So tell us how to fund one and we'll take a look at it.
Excuse me, but you’re the advocate for healthcare for the masses, and it being affordable (free) to anyone who desires (not earns) it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And what qualifying criteria do you offer to determine having "earned" the right to healthcare?
It’s just like buying a car. You buy what you can afford. I might would love to own a Rolls Royce, but I can’t afford it. Gonna have to stick with Ford or Chevy. Same holds true with whatever you want to buy.

dmac1

No one has claimed that healthcare is going to be free. But as Bacha says, Medicare proves that the nation can afford healthcare for all. Medicare could just as easily have been set up to use income tax to fund it, and an income tax could fund national healthcare. For those with employers funded plans, nothing would prevent them from paying the tax as a benefit, just like they now pay premiums. If Medicare doesn't break the nation every year while caring for the nations oldest and sickest older citizens, a tax to pay to care for the much younger and healthier remainder of the population won't break the country. Medicare overhead is approximately 1/4 the cost of private insurers, and that is for a population that uses more services per person than younger people.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No one has claimed that healthcare is going to be free. But as Bacha says, Medicare proves that the nation can afford healthcare for all. Medicare could just as easily have been set up to use income tax to fund it, and an income tax could fund national healthcare. For those with employers funded plans, nothing would prevent them from paying the tax as a benefit, just like they now pay premiums. If Medicare doesn't break the nation every year while caring for the nations oldest and sickest older citizens, a tax to pay to care for the much younger and healthier remainder of the population won't break the country. Medicare overhead is approximately 1/4 the cost of private insurers, and that is for a population that uses more services per person than younger people.
What you are unaware of, or are forgetting, is that the doctors who accept Medicare are NOT the cutting edge internists and surgeons that offer the best care. You know, the best care that only the wealthy can afford at the expense of the poor.

Careful what you ask for.

MassWineGuy

Regrettably, many doctors have already been forced to decide who gets treated for the virus and who dies. And in general, physicians have long been making such decisions.

bacha29

Spot on man. I wonder how many loyal GOP hacks actually realize that an overturning of the ACA combined with the realization that the "repeal and replace with something better" is just another Trump lie? And the only remaining option will be a single payer system and the GOP will have to either get behind it or finally produce the so called "better" solution.

bacha29

What you are unaware of, or are forgetting, is that the doctors who accept Medicare are NOT the cutting edge internists and surgeons that offer the best care. You know, the best care that only the wealthy can afford at the expense of the poor.

Pal, when it comes to advanced and experimental medicine , we're not talking about that. What we're talking about here is basic medicine and general surgery for the masses and you seem to think that given it's rising cost even access to that should be limited to the wealthy elite. Ok, if you personally are among that group that's fine by me but just make certain that you will be able to stay in that group as time goes by.

bacha29

You organize the part timers that work inside first , then tap into the contractors drivers and yes it can be done !
Fine, but here's your problem Bud. In many if not most if not all FXG terminals package handlers are hired through third party 1-800 RENT A GRUNT agencies. And drivers are employed by anti union firewalls called contractors. Their job is to provide Fat Freddy with labor at wages Fat Freddy would be too ashamed to pay his own people and do whatever must be done and I do mean WHATEVER in order to keep the unions out of Fat Freddy's castle because if they should fail then both drivers AND contractors get fed to the lions.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Pal, when it comes to advanced and experimental medicine , we're not talking about that. What we're talking about here is basic medicine and general surgery for the masses and you seem to think that given it's rising cost even access to that should be limited to the wealthy elite. Ok, if you personally are among that group that's fine by me but just make certain that you will be able to stay in that group as time goes by.
You demonstrate that you are clueless when it comes to what I think.

My position (again) is that a minimum standard of care should be established, and that health insurance premiums should be based on full coverage of that minimum standard. Then apples (premiums) can be compared to apples.
Insurance covering experimental and (outrageously) expensive procedures beyond the minimum standard can then be obtained at additional cost, or paid for out of pocket.

My position bears no resemblance to your assertions.
You’re so hysterical that you can’t remember who you’re disagreeing with or what they’ve stated.

I suppose the voices in your head must make that difficult.

It will be fine

Fine, but here's your problem Bud. In many if not most if not all FXG terminals package handlers are hired through third party 1-800 RENT A GRUNT agencies. And drivers are employed by anti union firewalls called contractors. Their job is to provide Fat Freddy with labor at wages Fat Freddy would be too ashamed to pay his own people and do whatever must be done and I do mean WHATEVER in order to keep the unions out of Fat Freddy's castle because if they should fail then both drivers AND contractors get fed to the lions.
I’ve never heard of package handlers being hired by a temp agency at any building ever.

vantexan

They are at mine and I'm quite sure that there are others. Difference in state labor laws may have an impact on which terminals can and cannot use third party staffers.
Hasn't had a contract in over 10 years yet still sniffs around the terminal to keep up with what's happening now. Obsess much?

bacha29

Hasn't had a contract in over 10 years yet still sniffs around the terminal to keep up with what's happening now. Obsess much?
Maintain almost daily contact since leaving 5 years ago. There's still plenty of productive contribution left in me . The only difference now is that I have more control over how it's used. Remember too I was one of the 4 guys who started that RPS terminal working as late in the day as necessary doing whatever tasks that had to be done in order to fight off closure twice in it's first 5 years. It is therefore quite natural that anyone would want to keep up with what's going on there.

dmac1

And you seem to believe that if everyone has medicare, these doctors will maintain their practice of denying service to medicare clients and willingly give up on most potential customers. Foolish!!!!!!!