Maybe now is the right time to organize

Nolimitz

UPS handles more than double the volume of packages that FedEx does, with an average daily rate of approximately 15.8 million units; FedEx delivered 6.9 million units.

You think there just might be a correlation between volume and employee compensation?
FedEx Express had 239,000 employees at the end of FY 2019, and 245,000 at the end of FY 2020.
How many UPS employees are there in the US?

bacha29

UPS handles more than double the volume of packages that FedEx does, with an average daily rate of approximately 15.8 million units; FedEx delivered 6.9 million units.

You think there just might be a correlation between volume and employee compensation?
Correlation lies in manpower requirements as well.

vantexan

Not to mention most of their freight is trucked. Exactly why Ground is so much more profitable than Express.

vantexan

FedEx Express had 239,000 employees at the end of FY 2019, and 245,000 at the end of FY 2020.
How many UPS employees are there in the US?
That's not exactly the entire picture. FedEx Corporation has a number of divisions with a much bigger total employment than just it's Express division alone. Express isn't as profitable as Ground either. So where's the money coming from to give all of those Express employees UPS similar pay and benefits?

vantexan

Your comments are a complete 100% validation of what I said earlier . They can't do this and they can't do that and they can't do something else is all we keep hearing out of you and Old Falcon Fart. UPS compensation package represents conclusive proof that the market can and does bear that package and has done so for decades . But you and Old Falcon Fart continue to wring your hands and apologize in behalf of Fat Freddy for the growing disparity in pay and benefits between the workers of both companies despite the fact that both do the same type of work.

Fat Freddy along with his corporate minions, henchmen and greedy contractors are out to get everything they can get off the poor slugs down in the trenches.

And they'll continue to take everything for as long as you continue to let them get away with it.
You dodged the central question. Where's the money coming from? FedEx isn't the government, it can't print money. FedEx already spends around half of its gross income on payroll. If it has a couple billion in profit after paying out all of that, plus paying for fuel, rent, vehicles, jets, etc, etc, then how could it possibly pay for UPS comparable pay and benefits? You keep trying to plug a square peg into a round hole but it doesn't work. You're either naive, disingenuous, or stupid. Which is it?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Correlation lies in manpower requirements as well.
No, the correlation is that the volume of UPS accounts for an additional $10 billion dollars in revenue, netting an additional $1 billion dollars of profit annually.

You of all people should know that you have to have sufficient revenue to make payroll.

bacha29

No, the correlation is that the volume of UPS accounts for an additional $10 billion dollars in revenue, netting an additional $1 billion dollars of profit annually.

You of all people should know that you have to have sufficient revenue to make payroll.
Ok. If you guys don't mind making a third less money than your counterparts at UPS and have nothing or close to it to retire on I'm certainly not going to worry about it and knowing that your support isn't there I'm sure nobody in either chamber of congress is going to do anything to remove the roadblocks that stands in the way of FDX employees acquiring collective bargaining rights .

So if you find being a corporate apologist rewarding ( I don't know how it would be) please be my guest but in doing so you're not only apologizing in behalf of the company.....you're apologizing in behalf of yourself.

vantexan

Ok. If you guys don't mind making a third less money than your counterparts at UPS and have nothing or close to it to retire on I'm certainly not going to worry about it and knowing that your support isn't there I'm sure nobody in either chamber of congress is going to do anything to remove the roadblocks that stands in the way of FDX employees acquiring collective bargaining rights .

So if you find being a corporate apologist rewarding ( I don't know how it would be) please be my guest but in doing so you're not only apologizing in behalf of the company.....you're apologizing in behalf of yourself.
You're still dodging. Where's the money coming from? I want FedEx to pay better, to keep their word. But they can't pay what you're proposing. If they can, prove it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Extending your logic to the contractors, demands upon them for better pay and fringe benefits should be complied with regardless of their balance sheet.

No wonder you couldn’t make it in business for yourself.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

UPS is hiring in droves around here. Express isn't losing people to UPS around here. One job is very demanding while the other isn't. You can babble your gibberish until the the cows come home but some people are fine with not getting UPS pay because they don't want to exert UPS effort and be expected to meet UPS expectations.

bacha29

Extending your logic to the contractors, demands upon them for better pay and fringe benefits should be complied with regardless of their balance sheet.

No wonder you couldn’t make it in business for yourself.
See what I mean. All you do is apologize in behalf of Fat Freddy. And furthermore you are automatically assuming that the market will not bear a better compensation package for FXG OPCO's . As for "couldn't make it in business", the number one reason multi route contractors at my station failed (and there were plenty of them) is that they couldn't find people willing to go out there and match the production of that UPS driver at the UPS station right across the road and do it for half the wages and zero benefits due to the fact that rates and settlements were simply too low....Want to know why? "RPS/FXG is the most profitable transportation company in the industry with trucking as it's core".....Dan Sullivan.

So now you know why rates and settlements were so low. And knowing this is why I chose not to expand .

bacha29

UPS is hiring in droves around here. Express isn't losing people to UPS around here. One job is very demanding while the other isn't. You can babble your gibberish until the the cows come home but some people are fine with not getting UPS pay because they don't want to exert UPS effort and be expected to meet UPS expectations.
Hahaha! So now you're just ASSUMING (or should I say ACCUSING ) that the people at X are just too lazy to want to go to UPS. If told what you said I'm sure they would be quite a number of them who would take umbrage with your comments.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hahaha! So now you're just ASSUMING (or should I say ACCUSING ) that the people at X are just too lazy to want to go to UPS. If told what you said I'm sure they would be quite a number of them who would take umbrage with your comments.
You’re speaking from your wrong mouth, you’ve never worked for Express and are embarrassing yourself.
In my 20+ years at Express, I never met anyone who wished they worked for UPS. To the contrary, we had several ex-UPSers who warned everyone how much better off they were.
There were always exceptions to that rule, but most people enjoy working and who they work with. Just not for.

bacha29

You’re speaking from your wrong mouth, you’ve never worked for Express and are embarrassing yourself.
In my 20+ years at Express, I never met anyone who wished they worked for UPS. To the contrary, we had several ex-UPSers who warned everyone how much better off they were.
There were always exceptions to that rule, but most people enjoy working and who they work with. Just not for.
That's the whole point Freddy. That was then. This is now. The company you believe it to be may have been that way at one time but no more. Just today, I saw express help wanted ads that laid out an entire page of demands but now they won't even tell you how much they'll pay or how many days and hours you'll work. It's simply "we want this and this and this and this' but not a peep about what they'll pay the person who meets those expansive and detailed demands.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's the whole point Freddy. That was then. This is now. The company you believe it to be may have been that way at one time but no more. Just today, I saw express help wanted ads that laid out an entire page of demands but now they won't even tell you how much they'll pay or how many days and hours you'll work. It's simply "we want this and this and this and this' but not a peep about what they'll pay the person who meets those expansive and detailed demands.
Link? Or cut and paste? I’m not from Missouri, but you’ll have to show me.

AB831

They have help wanted ads?? I thought people were crashing the website to apply for Fat Freddy. Don’t they know it’s the greatest company in the world?

vantexan

The one thing that kept me from trying UPS when offered was they didn't have a transfer policy. Their pay wasn't so far ahead of us in 1991 that I was willing to give up the ability to transfer and work in some neat places. Hindsight being 20/20 wish I had gone to UPS.

MAKAVELI

The one thing that kept me from trying UPS when offered was they didn't have a transfer policy. Their pay wasn't so far ahead of us in 1991 that I was willing to give up the ability to transfer and work in some neat places. Hindsight being 20/20 wish I had gone to UPS.
They can transfer in the west.