Maybe now is the right time to organize

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hahaha! So now you're just ASSUMING (or should I say ACCUSING ) that the people at X are just too lazy to want to go to UPS. If told what you said I'm sure they would be quite a number of them who would take umbrage with your comments.

Doesn't matter to me what they think because the issue is what they're doing. And what they're doing is staying at Express.

bacha29

Doesn't matter to me what they think because the issue is what they're doing. And what they're doing is staying at Express.
Yes, there might be some career guys still hanging on But Dano it's pretty hard to deny the fact that the transition is to part time drivers earning less. Then again about all you see in a day are mangers and engineers on a daily basis and most of them are there for the long haul.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And? I was offered a UPS job in KS in 1991 but decided to stay with FedEx because we could transfer and they couldn't. What does being able to transfer with UPS in the West have to do with my situation in 1991?
You're excellent at making bad decisions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ok. If you guys don't mind making a third less money than your counterparts at UPS and have nothing or close to it to retire on I'm certainly not going to worry about it and knowing that your support isn't there I'm sure nobody in either chamber of congress is going to do anything to remove the roadblocks that stands in the way of FDX employees acquiring collective bargaining rights .

So if you find being a corporate apologist rewarding ( I don't know how it would be) please be my guest but in doing so you're not only apologizing in behalf of the company.....you're apologizing in behalf of yourself.
I always love to see the victims of Fred come on here and essentially defend everything he does that is anti-union and anti-labor. Dano is paid to be a corporate apologist, but the rest of them aren't. They seem genuinely conflicted, defending the 1% (Fred), and every successful attempt to oppress unionization, yet wanting quicker top-outs, better pay and benefits etc. Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome. "FedEx can't afford union wages" etc. Ask the pilots about union wages, OK?

Way back when, Federal Express probably didn't need a union, because Fred paid great wages that were about $1 less per hour than UPS, had profit sharing, great insurance, and other great perks like jumpseat, ESPP, etc. Oh, and top-out took a whopping 2 years. All of that is gone, and Fred and his minions successfully gutted the job while instilling an extremely strong anti-union program of policies, procedures, and corporate rhetoric that made unions "bad" and anyone who advocated for one, an immediate corporate target. All of the P&P helped bolster efforts to get rid of anyone who spoke of the Teamsters.

Now, FedEx is making money hand over fist, mainly due to Covid-19, not sound management. Workers need to leverage the employee and skill shortage to their advantage. The presidential transition and a possibly even Senate( 50/48 now, but maybe 50/50) make the climate right to bend Fred over a barrel and make him negotiate, just like the pilots did....successfully.

ManInBrown

I always love to see the victims of Fred come on here and essentially defend everything he does that is anti-union and anti-labor. Dano is paid to be a corporate apologist, but the rest of them aren't. They seem genuinely conflicted, defending the 1% (Fred), and every successful attempt to oppress unionization, yet wanting quicker top-outs, better pay and benefits etc. Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome. "FedEx can't afford union wages" etc. Ask the pilots about union wages, OK?

Way back when, Federal Express probably didn't need a union, because Fred paid great wages that were about $1 less per hour than UPS, had profit sharing, great insurance, and other great perks like jumpseat, ESPP, etc. Oh, and top-out took a whopping 2 years. All of that is gone, and Fred and his minions successfully gutted the job while instilling an extremely strong anti-union program of policies, procedures, and corporate rhetoric that made unions "bad" and anyone who advocated for one, an immediate corporate target. All of the P&P helped bolster efforts to get rid of anyone who spoke of the Teamsters.

Now, FedEx is making money hand over fist, mainly due to Covid-19, not sound management. Workers need to leverage the employee and skill shortage to their advantage. The presidential transition and a possibly even Senate( 50/48 now, but maybe 50/50) make the climate right to bend Fred over a barrel and make him negotiate, just like the pilots did....successfully.
Biden in office won’t change a thing. Unions got Obama elected and when the Teamsters went to the administration to try to get fat Freddy out from the RLA, they told the Teamsters to pound sand. I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but the Demoncratic party isn’t your grand daddies party. The demoncrats are now the party of elitists. The Biden administration couldn’t care less about the working men and women. Senile Joe is going to start shipping jobs overseas so fast, his supporters heads are going to spin.

bacha29

Biden in office won’t change a thing. Unions got Obama elected and when the Teamsters went to the administration to try to get fat Freddy out from the RLA, they told the Teamsters to pound sand. I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but the Demoncratic party isn’t your grand daddies party. The demoncrats are now the party of elitists. The Biden administration couldn’t care less about the working men and women. Senile Joe is going to start shipping jobs overseas so fast, his supporters heads are going to spin.
Perhaps if the Obama administration had not inherited the worst recession in 80 years there would have been a stronger push for pro union legislation . Trying to get people into jobs of any kind while not having to nationalize the banks was the top task at that point in time.

btrlov

Perhaps if the Obama administration had not inherited the worst recession in 80 years there would have been a stronger push for pro union legislation . Trying to get people into jobs of any kind while not having to nationalize the banks was the top task at that point in time.
oh wow, we're playing the "inherit" game to delfect accountability?

ManInBrown

Oh is that what it was? Lolololol. Have fun continuing to be owned by Fat Fred

bacha29

oh wow, we're playing the "inherit" game to delfect accountability?
Yes , the BUSH recession and resulting crisis combined with the fact that the Obama administration was the minority party for 6 of the 8 years it in was office doesn't give you much opportunity to push any landmark pro labor legislation through a GOP controlled Congress. Not to mention to so called "Right To Work" anti union legislation movement growing in the Southern states.

DeliveryException

Ask the pilots about union wages, OK?

Now I may agree with other points but.. on this point it's not really apples and apples is it? I mean what, a few thousand pilots versus how many couriers/handlers? I mean I am sure FedEx can afford to pay us better its just the pilots don't seem to be an apt comparison.

dmac1

Except that McConnell blocked EVERYTHING- including appointments needed at the NLRB And McConnell will do the same with Biden whether what Biden wants is good for the country or not. Using the term 'demoncrat' is childish and makes you a part of the problem. You likely don't even see that.

Except that McConnell blocked EVERYTHING- including appointments needed at the NLRB And McConnell will do the same with Biden whether what Biden wants is good for the country or not. Using the term 'demoncrat' is childish and makes you a part of the problem. You likely don't even see that.
With any luck Old Man Mitch kicks the bucket. He’s old and so fragile looking. Just like old man Chuckie GrASSly. He’s 87. Republikkkans are old!

floridays

As you said before, we agree on nothing basically, except this one item.
What you said is spot on beyond the political assessment.
The democrats already had their chance and blew it royally, this is no place to start political bickering or finger pointing.

Monday morning all labor positions involving hands on cargo movement should cease, period, for all that complain. It wouldn't take a full day to get Fred to the table.

It wouldn't take a half an hour, the iron is hot now, a hammer changes the form of hot iron, it makes a lot of noise on cold iron.

The idiots do not understand the position they hold at this time.

vantexan

You guys always try to blame the Republican. To their credit both the NY Times and USA Today put out extensive articles on who was to blame for the 2008 crisis. Yes the Bush administration was a player but there were a whole host of characters involved. Possibly none had as big an influence as Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank. 2008 was a testament to greed that we're still paying for. And things have gotten so polarized it's doubtful either of those papers would have written similar articles today.

bacha29

You guys always try to blame the Republican. To their credit both the NY Times and USA Today put out extensive articles on who was to blame for the 2008 crisis. Yes the Bush administration was a player but there were a whole host of characters involved. Possibly none had as big an influence as Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank. 2008 was a testament to greed that we're still paying for. And things have gotten so polarized it's doubtful either of those papers would have written similar articles today.
The passage of Dodd Frank was created by the recession not the other way around which reset banking law and regulation that was eliminated with the repeal of Glass Steagell which was part of the Banking Act of 1933. Among key provisions was the separation of merchant banking from investment banking.

The banking industry has no love for Dodd Frank including the "stress test" requirements . Regional banks on the other hand are exempt from the stress test because they're assets are below the minimum threshold.

Yes, there was strong bipartisan support for the repeal of Glass Steagell because there was big money waiting to be made by doing so. But, as it always is the innocent average American bears the pain resulting from unbridled greed.