New IVIS Thingy

Knothead

Yep.
20180320_131314.jpg
Everything is awesome!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Seems to work satisfactorily....

Any phones that are still running Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, work OK.

The phones that got updated to Nougat, Android 7.0.1, are horrible. They keep crashing the IVIS app. It is an issue with the Bluetooth service and the tractor modules.

Verizon finally pushed out an update, Android 7.1.1, and this version fixed the issues with 7.0.1.

I believe UPS is in the process of trying to update all the phones to 7.1.1.

Android 7.1.2 is officially out from Google, but I don't know if it available through Verizon and don't know if the IVIS NG app will still work with it.

over9five

Staff member
Is it supposed to do anything when you inbound and are waiting for a bay to appear? Like the old one had the bar and would count "percents".

Im on that inbound screen and nothings happening, so I go to the next screen, then back. Sometimes the bay number will be there, sometimes not....

over9five

Staff member
Any phones that are still running Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, work OK.

The phones that got updated to Nougat, Android 7.0.1, are horrible. They keep crashing the IVIS app. It is an issue with the Bluetooth service and the tractor modules.

Verizon finally pushed out an update, Android 7.1.1, and this version fixed the issues with 7.0.1.

I believe UPS is in the process of trying to update all the phones to 7.1.1.

Android 7.1.2 is officially out from Google, but I don't know if it available through Verizon and don't know if the IVIS NG app will still work with it.
Mine says the OS is 7.0.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have the Samsung J3 version, and it is very buggy. I am hearing they will,be swapped out with Samsung S8's shortly.

They charge in the tractor and you can take them home or leave them at work. Some guys power them off completely when done and throw it in their bag and take it home.

View attachment 184599

One of buildings has the Samsung 3, and they hate it. I have the Samsung Note 7, and I doesn't crash as much and is much faster.

It's much ado about nothing to me. They give you a charger with it, but it sits on the cradle all night, so there's no need that he it at home. I just leave money in my lunch box. I could leave it in my locker, but it's just easier for me to keep it in my lunch box.

It's really just a quicker version of the IVIS in the tractor. There's not much of a learning curve.

Dracula

I also keep a knit hat to throw over it when it acts up and doesn't turn the screen off when driving at night.

Even the OD and DT that shows when driving is still bright and annoying.

View attachment 184604

I do this too. One of the buttons shows you what apps are running, and I've noticed the camera app is running. Which is troubling. I shut it off, but for my protection, I put the stocking cap over it.

Dracula

So let me get this straight----If you are a delivery driver or work on a sort and want to plug a radio into a UPS 110 v. socket or use the trucks 12 volt its stealing---BUT its ok if you are a feeder driver for UPS to want you to take their crap home and plug it into your power? Sounds like that double standards thing again to me. What say you @Monkey Butt ? You're the expert on double standards.

No one says you have to take it home. Not here, anyway.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is it supposed to do anything when you inbound and are waiting for a bay to appear? Like the old one had the bar and would count "percents".

Im on that inbound screen and nothings happening, so I go to the next screen, then back. Sometimes the bay number will be there, sometimes not....

Mine has a bar toward the top that counts the percents, and I think a blue fill in line as the percents increase.

I'll double check tomorrow.

Johney

Its the one that says "Lux Lite". I changed mine to Night profile, much better.
Is "AirWatch Agent" an app to let you know of the the plane arrival time? Our airport guys have some app on their phone so they can follow our plane and see when it's suppose to land.

Last edited by a moderator:

over9five

Staff member
Is "AirWatch Agent" an app to let you know of the the plane arrival time? Our airport guys have some app on their phone so they can follow our plane and see when it's suppose to land.
Nope. Looks like it just shows info about the device...
"Compliance"
"Profiles"
"Apps"
"About"
"Driver DNA Sample"