New sup wants me to "build to the top"...

Needle Ran

Really getting annoying. I usually build to a certain point and just start tossing smalls and bags at the top, but this guy wants boxes to the roof and everything else to the side until the end.

Does UPS hire these guys off the street?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Really getting annoying. I usually build to a certain point and just start tossing smalls and bags at the top, but this guy wants boxes to the roof and everything else to the side until the end.

I have come up with a new anti-supervisor tactic I will share with you that will help you for the rest of career. When a supervisor speaks or asks a question just give them a blank stare and say nothing...if they keep asking just say nothing , you have the right to remain silent. Works good when your yanked in the office too..

542thruNthru

I'm guessing you load trailers?

Its always been that way just never really enforced. Thats why you're given a load stand.

Oak

To the roof is out of your power zone, even if you do have a load stand. If, and I say "IF", you're tall enough to stand on a load stand and your head hit the roof of the trailer, you still cannot load that high and stay in your power zone. They are always on the methods. Follow them SAFELY.

In the past I have sooo wanted to tell a sup that my head and shoulders wouldn't fit up my ass far enough to make it possible.....like some people I know.

Oak

Follow the methods. Loading to the ceiling is a method. Using a load stand is a method. Just do your job and follow the methods and there’s nothing anyone can do.
Sorry, dude it is physically impossible to both load to the ceiling AND work within your power zone. Can't be done.

Nah

Those are technically the proper methods, so just do as he says.

polyp

Our sort manager has been whining about this for years. Constantly throwing tantrums about "how stupid everybody is" and "how nobody cares."

Just work to methods and let them continue to undermine their authority. They'll either give up, or they'll instruct you into a production hole and make your days way easier.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
When I used to preload they tried to get me to do the same thing with stacking high when loading trucks. I knew it wasn’t safe and they continued to pursue it on me. It was around my 3rd week back when I first started working for the company. I proceeded to start throwing them on top of the trucks and told them I didn’t feel safe retrieving them. They left me alone after that

ManInBrown

New sups are so funny. It’s cute when they’re all gung ho for a few weeks, and then they realize sheet rolls downhill at UPS and they basically have the worst job in the whole entire company. It’s comparable to making license plates while in state prison.

New sups are so funny. It’s cute when they’re all gung ho for a few weeks, and then they realize sheet rolls downhill at UPS and they basically have the worst job in the whole entire company. It’s comparable to making license plates while in state prison.
Except for the fact that you get more training making license plates. :P

DonaruTarampu

I became top loader in my building after 3 weeks using the same strategy. Loaded until I had 1.5 feet of space from the top and threw all the bags up. Never used the load stand. The sups I worked with knew I was the fastest loader so they didn’t say :censored2:. One time a higher up sup did observations and told my sup to tell me to load all the way up. He apologized and told me to do it just for the day until the other guy went away. I followed method to a tee and they ended up having to send another guy in to help because my trailer got wasted after 15 minutes.

watdaflock?

If you're really good at building walls, you can get a job with Donald Trump and a paycheck from the Mexican Government. Mexico loves paying for walls.

Justaloader

Story I heard the other night at my hub - before I started on my PD, there was a guy that used to like to "mess" with the sups. One night, while being observed, he put a hazmat at the top of the wall. That, as we all know, is against procedure. So, the sup stops him and asks why he felt compelled to do that? His response - "Well, if this truck gets in an accident and rolls over, the hazmat will then be at the bottom of the stack - which is where you want it to be. If I put it at the bottom now and the truck gets in an accident and rolls over, then whatever is in the box may spill out and damage several other packages that are below it. Which would you prefer?"

I think I would have gotten along very well with that individual. Alas, he's a feeder driver now.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I became top loader in my building after 3 weeks using the same strategy. Loaded until I had 1.5 feet of space from the top and threw all the bags up. Never used the load stand. The sups I worked with knew I was the fastest loader so they didn’t say :censored2:. One time a higher up sup did observations and told my sup to tell me to load all the way up. He apologized and told me to do it just for the day until the other guy went away. I followed method to a tee and they ended up having to send another guy in to help because my trailer got wasted after 15 minutes.

“Top Loader” lmao aka top arse kisser

WTFm8

Those are technically the proper methods, so just do as he says.

Technically you’re incorrect. Have to work with your power zone. Above shoulders is out of power zone. It’s why some drivers will flip out if somebody outs a 50+ pound package on the top shelf.